FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

• agentxyz2
    815 posts Professional
    3.k Views and 211 comments. I'd say this is a relavent topic heading into FIFA 19
  • Bouboe112
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ea pls make shooting semi assisted where you at least have to aim where you wanna shoot in competetive modes like fut champs. Plss bring some fulfillment, joy and sense of accomplishmsnt in to your game. You got the settings already and it works perfectly. Please just implement it and make it mandatory in fut champs and rivals pls ?

Pls ea make this happen! The game would benefit so much from it.
  • lordcrow
    55 posts Park Captain
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hi guys, who agrees that any competitive mode in FIFA19 should be played without any assisted passing(overpowered accuracy and ping pong passing), assisted scoring(overpowered low driven shots) or assisted defending (contain)?

Will never happen due to lack of interest. Low interest means low income for EA. Competitive mode is only about bringing EA money rather than about watching great games between players. How many players would be able to play on manual, less than 1%? FIFA is going into direction of full automatic experience and that is going to bring more players to the game, because nowadays players prefer to play easy games and "ping pong" passing or "every shot in top corner" gives them impression of being good players...

But, still manual is the only way to play real football on PC/PS/Xbox.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    lordcrow wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Hi guys, who agrees that any competitive mode in FIFA19 should be played without any assisted passing(overpowered accuracy and ping pong passing), assisted scoring(overpowered low driven shots) or assisted defending (contain)?

Will never happen due to lack of interest. Low interest means low income for EA. Competitive mode is only about bringing EA money rather than about watching great games between players. How many players would be able to play on manual, less than 1%? FIFA is going into direction of full automatic experience and that is going to bring more players to the game, because nowadays players prefer to play easy games and "ping pong" passing or "every shot in top corner" gives them impression of being good players...

But, still manual is the only way to play real football on PC/PS/Xbox.

I disagree, if you look on competitive modes in the e-sports world there are prize money. So it means competitive is not about income its about spending and building a brand and community and luring more players to compete. For example the model Dota developers created is they donate such a big prize money as they take certain % of micro transactions back to community in prize money and you can see its in millions of USD.

Its about building the skill gap, about separation of 1% of players (pro's) from the rest.

Recent EA steps made the skill gap really narrow and they give a chance to occasional player to be on the same level as pro's.

I understand the reasons, I admit that pro's are currently less than 1% and they definitely have skill.

FIFA is not a shooting game where you need to add assistance to controller versus mouse and keyboard.

What we aim for is the game with less assistance, ideally none assistance.
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    I barely play any other game mode apart from pro clubs. Which is the most realistic soccer simulation IMO if you have 11 real players all playing on manual settings. I should point out that manual passing and shooting is much better than assisted once you mastered them. The best striker I’ve ever seen is on Manual shooting. The best crosser is on manual settings too. The passing options and shooting angles iare unlimited on manual settings.
  • SVKslato8
    smnox wrote: »
    I barely play any other game mode apart from pro clubs. Which is the most realistic soccer simulation IMO if you have 11 real players all playing on manual settings. I should point out that manual passing and shooting is much better than assisted once you mastered them. The best striker I’ve ever seen is on Manual shooting. The best crosser is on manual settings too. The passing options and shooting angles iare unlimited on manual settings.

fully agree with you, but its hard to find 22 players for a single game.

In pro clubs we need futsal or mini football mode 6vs6 or 5vs5 that way we could find games easily.

But back to topic...YES manual is much more fun and more close to simulation.

We need a support from EA to change the players perception of full manual and the time for the majority of player to get used to manual play
  • Any updates? Think someone was writing up something to send more formally than this to somebody at EA who will hopefully do something
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    When you pick a gamemode, the next menu screen that appears should be one that forces you to choose between 'Assisted' or 'Manual', with a brief description under each tile, along with current online player population count.

^^ This idea gives manual garuanteed visibility. ^^

A huge problem with Manual currently is that it's optional and hidden away in the 'filter' section that no one ever looks at.

Also, remove Semi-Assisted filter from online altogether. No one plays it anyway and it unnecessarily segregates the online search, as it makes people unsure whether to pick semi or manual.
  • sty
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    who wanna play co op or friendly games on manual settings add me- sty20101 -platform PC
  • SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Do you really want esport game that FIFA strives to be with assisted game? Let them have assistance in other modes as option but no in competitive mode.

I totally agree with you. This step will ensure Fifa to be a good esports game
  • SVKslato8
    Joonlar wrote: »
    When you pick a gamemode, the next menu screen that appears should be one that forces you to choose between 'Assisted' or 'Manual', with a brief description under each tile, along with current online player population count.

^^ This idea gives manual garuanteed visibility. ^^

A huge problem with Manual currently is that it's optional and hidden away in the 'filter' section that no one ever looks at.

Also, remove Semi-Assisted filter from online altogether. No one plays it anyway and it unnecessarily segregates the online search, as it makes people unsure whether to pick semi or manual.

I think its brilliant idea but maybe too late to implement in FIFA19
  • SVKslato8
    agentxyz2 wrote: »
    3.k Views and 211 comments. I'd say this is a relavent topic heading into FIFA 19

the numbers say it should be relevant but there are more relevant topics like night lights, starheads and so...it doesn't make a sense to me though.
  • SVKslato8
    based on demo release and the better feeling of assistance I hope EA devs have noted this topic and lets see how it translates to competitive mode.
  • I've been playing on manual since FIFA 12 but have recently quit playing altogether after buying every game since 12 and playing nearly every day, with some breaks here and there, for the last 6+ years.

Assistance is broken. It's what leads to the feeling of a lack of control. It's the reason why super improbable and unlikely stuff happens in the game.

Most of all, it takes a very significant skill component out of the game (admittedly resulting in faster paced and higher scoring games).

Assistance is very anti-competitive. As others have pointed out, aim assistance is considered cheating in any competitive shooting game for a reason - if we're talking purely about competition then it should be a test of skills.

It would be great if the system was at least tweaked not to actively discourage manual play. As it currently stands, it is impossible to find manual matches. There is no way to know when manual players are online, there is no proper tournament system for it, and the existing matchmaking system of picking search filters and locking in your settings ahead of time all but guarantees that NOBODY will ever chose manual.

At the VERY LEAST, please make it so that I will be (more likely to be) matched with players using manual controls, even when I haven't chosen to filter the search by manual-only.

It's a simple tweak in the background. I don't understand why it doesn't already work this way, unless EA wants to actively discourage manual play (which is my belief).
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    It would make sense for a competitive mode to be manual. It’s just the community wouldn’t play it.

I don't agree with that if you had a good option like a division mode players would play it. Currently, you have to select options to finds players online.
  • If you gave everyone an AIMBOT in any FPS and had it enabled by default, then you made an option for people to "disable" the aimbot... if they are up to the challenge... but there was no way to play games with people without aimbot enabled... so your challenge is not to play other people on manual but every else but you has the AIMBOT.

This is FIFA in a nutshell. You can't come on here and complain about assisted when 99% of the people use it and think they are good at FIFA because of it.. but but but a pro can beat you 40 - 0. yes.. a pro who's skill is based around mechanics that assist him in aiming... so he's the best at assisted vs the others... pro's dont mean anything... pro's are just the top 1% of everyone based on the rules EA made. the second EA makes a pro level league 100% manual is the day all the pro's have to go re-learn how to be a pro.
  • vk45
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    Anyone wanna play some FIFA19 or WC2018 DLC on semi or manual? HMU vk45
  • SVKslato8
    Zurchi wrote: »
    If you gave everyone an AIMBOT in any FPS and had it enabled by default, then you made an option for people to "disable" the aimbot... if they are up to the challenge... but there was no way to play games with people without aimbot enabled... so your challenge is not to play other people on manual but every else but you has the AIMBOT.

This is FIFA in a nutshell. You can't come on here and complain about assisted when 99% of the people use it and think they are good at FIFA because of it.. but but but a pro can beat you 40 - 0. yes.. a pro who's skill is based around mechanics that assist him in aiming... so he's the best at assisted vs the others... pro's dont mean anything... pro's are just the top 1% of everyone based on the rules EA made. the second EA makes a pro level league 100% manual is the day all the pro's have to go re-learn how to be a pro.

So true but EA is very likely not going to implement full manual, so lets be happy with new game play where we see less assistance and more tactic. Maybe Full manual players can beat the opponents with tactics
  • WeirdAdd
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This is an age old debate, since the days of FIFA 2009. EA Devs dont care, and when you try to bring up this at tournaments all of the assisted players go soft and don't want to try. Its very anti-competitive and only allows the worst players to feel accomplished. Then the whole gamerbase is loaded with trolls and children no intelligent play and just exploiting the game to its fullest. Good to see you @Joonlar !!!
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    I saw a YouTuber showing off this year’s secret manual pass modifier. And the pass was almost off the bounds.
  • agentxyz2
    815 posts Professional
    smnox wrote: »
    I saw a YouTuber showing off this year’s secret manual pass modifier. And the pass was almost off the bounds.

I'd rather into open space instead of right into the preprogrammed path and interception lane of assisted passing
  • jertt
    75 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    Most Fifa players don't even know manual exists. They just boot up the game and play. You have to entice them with a shiny new mode and then they will try it. EA should try building a new mode for manual players and see if people like, at least you know then if there is a demand.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m not getting into a debate over manual v assisted because imo people can choose to play and enjoy the game how they like. I’m playing manual atm but it’s a love-hate relationship for me, I go for long periods of time playing manual then switch to semi or assisted because even after playing manual for a few years on and off it still frustrates me. Especially shooting.

But the main point of my comment is that for people who have played assisted forever they would need about 4 years to undo all the things they have found instinctive if they switched to manual, lol.

And we are living in a time of instant gratification so can you really see people spending the time and effort, and putting up with the initial frustration to learn manual controls. Adjusting to a new game every year is hard enough for many.

Sorry, I applaud the effort and appreciate the enthusiasm in this thread. But unless it gets support from pro players and a large number of people then I just don’t see it happening.
  • SVKslato8
    I don't agree that you need 4 years to learn to play without assistance. Its more less about change of your play...you cannot blindly pass and rely on AI to do the work for you. You need to build the play, pass carefully and learn to shield and first touch to keep the ball in your possession.

I convinced few of my friends to try manual and they actually liked it as they could see the control is in their hands rather than complaining about the AI passing and shooting (all the assisted players blame the game and they are right)

On the other hand they never kept playing manual as they found it too hard and inconvenient instead of easy passing and shooting and relying on AI to do everything for them.

I think full manual is just another tier of difficulty level, the highest one. I know its not for everyone, and I don't want it to be for everyone, it should be for hard core players only and that is the reason why its kept aside by EA.

Ea offers competitive mode in FUT with all assistance. Whole competitive community is laughing about it and its the main reason why it doesn't have the competitive status.

Its a shame because game has a great potential for competitive gaming in pro clubs as well as in FUT, it just needs a little adjustment (full manual controls) that could drive the game to status of competitive games.

My main point in the whole discussion is to show respect to full manual players and request for a real competitive mode where skill is based on player accuracy rather than based on finding and using the exploits of the game mechanism with help of AI assistance
  • rubberglovelove
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You can play full manual to decent level in maybe two weeks practice .It's not hard anymore....makes game so much more rewarding.Assisted controls are really pathetic....
  • eladlad
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    Gk can't throw the ball on the ground with manual pass setting in fifa 19.
    It wasn't a problem on the demo, but it seems like the gk on the full game just can't pass the ball on the ground with his hands. Even if you tap the pass button he will throw it high in the air.
    Found out it only happens with manual passing. EA please fix it.
  • Aussie85
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    Its impossible to get a manual game through the match making section in seasons. Defently needs a separate comp. If anyone's interested im keen for some manual games so feel free to add me.
    Ps4
    jimm393
  • SVKslato8
    @EA_Andy do we know if this was passed to developers?
  • Balazska01
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I would like to have manual vs manual option with leaderboard in the ultimate team game mode as well.
    Thank you