FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

• SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    hebininja good ideas but I think this is the place to post it, unless you have a huge volume of followers then we can use tweet or instagram
  • speeches123
    79 posts Park Captain
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    hebininja good ideas but I think this is the place to post it, unless you have a huge volume of followers then we can use tweet or instagram

EA on their help section said they don't really listen to us/here. It needs to be from the 'outside' in my view to get people who do not come to these forums thinking about it too
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How can people sit here and say pros aren’t skilled yet the same people win 36-40 games every weekend and then people struggle to win 10 games a weekend and you’re gonna sit there and say it’s not skilled, I’ve got 38 a few times in champs and I’m not gonna he told I’m not good at the game, it’s like all games have some sort of ai assistance and are played professionally, fortnite has a bloom system which is a spread if you’re bullets hit so your aim could be on them and the other persons aim is one them but one person hits every bullet and one hits not and they have a hundred million dollar prize pool and that’s more out of the users hands than anything, also call of duty has aim assist and that’s a million dollar prize for finals and you just have to get your gun near them, madden had a system where the game tackles for you and catches the ball and evades people and that’s a major pro games, same as nba 2k where some shots go in and some don’t and that’s not up to the user it’s up to the game, no game is full manual ever will be successful and to even suggest it is stupid, people who play on manual think know they aren’t good enough to compete so they think they’ll try and be the best at another game mode and push that try and make themselves seem great when it’ll never happen as I would say less than 0.1% have ever tried manual anyway, that’s like me saying I play call of duty without aim assist so let’s make a non aim assist tourney to show how great I am compared to pros who use it. The game is played the way it is made so that means comp will always be that way, stop trying to make yourself feel better about how poor you are at the actual game and move on
  • Sporter
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don’t need FUT Champs to be manual, just some sort of manual support.

It’s really fun and rewarding to play, but it’s massively unfair against assisted players - like trying to win Moto GP on a pushbike.

So a filter would solve that.

Likewise all skill games are fully assisted, but manual requires some sort of practice mode to be able to get good at it. The arena is not enough really.

To the guy who commented above me (can’t really spell that to be honest), assisted requires skill to be at the top and undoubtedly, in my view anyway, the people already at the top would remain there, for the majority at least.

I reached Gold 1 last weekend before making the switch to manual. I didn’t really play WL as I assumed I would be thrashed nearly every game. Did manage 2 wins out of 5, just to get some rewards.

It’s certainly harder than assisted and you make so, so many mistakes that are no nigh on impossible to make on assisted. You have to be really careful with where you pass and how much power you use (which of course makes you very predictable and easy to counter).

I’d recommend you give it a go. Obviously those saying the pros have no skill is delusional, otherwise they wouldn’t be pros.

But it’s equally as delusional to dismiss the skill required to play manual, I reckon.

FIFA has a hardcore mode, it’s just no one knows about it or even plays it.

I think FIFA manual could be considered in the same league as Counter-Strike in terms of skill, if the best players saw a career opportunity through it.
  • Bouboe112
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Manual full is not the priority here guys.. make shooting more skill-based by making it semi-manual so you at least have to aim somewhat at the goal.. this is so much more rewarding and decreases the huge gap between attack and defence we had in fifa 18. In fifa 18 attacking was just too op in conparison to defending and it killed the joy of scoring when every match ends in 8-7. The skill must be brought to shooting and also passing offcourse. The timed finishing is a good first steo maybe but please just makw it semi manual in champs and the highest ranks of fut rivals !
  • Massikiller
    78 posts Park Captain
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    How can people sit here and say pros aren’t skilled yet the same people win 36-40 games every weekend and then people struggle to win 10 games a weekend and you’re gonna sit there and say it’s not skilled, I’ve got 38 a few times in champs and I’m not gonna he told I’m not good at the game, it’s like all games have some sort of ai assistance and are played professionally, fortnite has a bloom system which is a spread if you’re bullets hit so your aim could be on them and the other persons aim is one them but one person hits every bullet and one hits not and they have a hundred million dollar prize pool and that’s more out of the users hands than anything, also call of duty has aim assist and that’s a million dollar prize for finals and you just have to get your gun near them, madden had a system where the game tackles for you and catches the ball and evades people and that’s a major pro games, same as nba 2k where some shots go in and some don’t and that’s not up to the user it’s up to the game, no game is full manual ever will be successful and to even suggest it is stupid, people who play on manual think know they aren’t good enough to compete so they think they’ll try and be the best at another game mode and push that try and make themselves seem great when it’ll never happen as I would say less than 0.1% have ever tried manual anyway, that’s like me saying I play call of duty without aim assist so let’s make a non aim assist tourney to show how great I am compared to pros who use it. The game is played the way it is made so that means comp will always be that way, stop trying to make yourself feel better about how poor you are at the actual game and move on

Three things on you comment.

First, Because others have some automatic mechanics, doesn't mean they are correct, I mean, if play COD I would also complain about the auto aim.

Second, sports based game cannot be compared with COD, Fortnite etc, there is much more, much much more assistance in fifa than you have on COD, just think about it, on fifa everything is assisted, the player movements, every single pass you make, shoots, tackle. On COD is just the shooting.

Third, these guys that want more manual controls, aim for a better football experience, because ping pong passing isn't real. It's the price for having a simulation game, the game should reproduce/simulate reality.
    You can look at fifa in 2 ways, a football simulation game, or simply a game, and if you think of fifa as simply a game, manual controls doesn't make any sense of course ;) but that is not the point.

And of course there is some skill required, but the skills are not football based. The skills you need are correct timing 50% and exploit the game mechanics that better work other 50%.
  • mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something

First, Because others have some automatic mechanics, doesn't mean they are correct, I mean, if play COD I would also complain about the auto aim.

Second, sports based game cannot be compared with COD, Fortnite etc, there is much more, much much more assistance in fifa than you have on COD, just think about it, on fifa everything is assisted, the player movements, every single pass you make, shoots, tackle. On COD is just the shooting.

Third, these guys that want more manual controls, aim for a better football experience, because ping pong passing isn't real. It's the price for having a simulation game, the game should reproduce/simulate reality.
    You can look at fifa in 2 ways, a football simulation game, or simply a game, and if you think of fifa as simply a game, manual controls doesn't make any sense of course ;) but that is not the point.

And of course there is some skill required, but the skills are not football based. The skills you need are correct timing 50% and exploit the game mechanics that better work other 50%.

It's not a simulator. It's a game, designed to be fun to play and engaging enough that people will follow it as an esport. EA will have done their research into what the majority want and what works as the best setup for their public tournaments.

What manual players need, is a simple filter that helps them find like minded players to play against. Manual players are very much in the minority and will never be catered for in the same way, don't kid yourselves.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain

I want to share my experience in fifa to answer you. I've always been a really really calm, patient and reasonable guy. I start playing fifa in 2004 and never miss a fifa or a pes or a football game since that year. In fifa 17 i started fut champs with my really really cheap team (Zielinski-Badu-Donsah in the middle) and it was really difficult to play and stay focus for all 40 matches, but i've always blame myself for every goal conceeded and chances missed. I started in january with my gold 3 (20 won) and improving in 3-4 months i've started to make regularly elite 2-3 'without difficulties'. This year i started with my honest russian league like every year and i've made gold 1. Week by week, playing with my russian league i've noticed that in this fifa you could not play without a decent squad (WHY?). So i started to see champions channel and activate fifa trainer to see how improve my skills. I noticed driven shots, ping-pong, kick-off (that i have not conceeded too much until january) and really assisted passes. What happened next? Significate change in defense (due to lacks in defense of casual players that blame on it) and fifa trainer hided for your opponent and in the champions channel (WHY?) After January patch i've ALWAYS done 27 wins. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. How is it possible? Playing worse or better didn't change anything. Worse or better matchmaking (same week i played vs Megabit, Testotier and Eisvogel 3 german pros and i'm italian and maybe next week without ending all matches 27-2) ALWAYS 27.

So starting answer you. I could say YES in all games there are skills. YES pros are good. They're pros.
    But in FIFA 18 there were too much frustrated things that matter in the game. You've told about cod and fortnite but in cod or fortnite there aren't players controlled by I.A. . In cod, fortnite, battlefield it is YOU,your joystick and your connection. Yes there's luck, yes there's aim assistance, but it's always YOU, your joystick and your connection. (Battle Royale is not a real competitive).
    In FIFA there are 10 players that you don't control.
    In FIFA 17 one problem was that if you can control properly the defense, it was difficult to create chances.
    In FIFA 18 I.A. is too random, with a single pass it could happen that ramos toty and vieira or three players make the same mistake (leave their position to try an interception) and you can't manage that situation.
    One match they are perfect and one match they can't be controlled.
    Too much goals conceeded in blind-turned back situations. Too much goals conceeded with 4-5 tunnel passes a row. TOO MUCH ASSISTANCE.
    YES PROS ARE PROS, BUT THE REST OF THE WORLD? I can see people in this fifa that one week make gold 1 and next week make silver 1. One week make elite 2 and next week gold 2. Other people that make ALL weeks 32 or 23.
    There's too much randomness. And i'm not talking about kick-offs (crosses or through passes bugs) and gk-driven shots.
    THERE WERE TOO RANDOM SITUATIONS. TOO MUCH SITUATIONS WHERE YOU CAN'T MAKE ANYTHING.
    You've told about pros. Never seen so much frustration also between pros (Kurt that stop playing during a world tournament could be an example).
    Yes there's skill in everything, but connection and servers are something that really matter and can't be changed and it's ok with that. But WE DON'T NEED TO ADD OTHER FACTORS.

Regarding Full Manual yes i really understand that could be hardcore. But the average level of players is going high. They need to do something and one thing that can be added and it's really based on skill is making passing, shooting, crossing, defending more manual.
    Next year i hope we'll have tactical skills that never matter in previous fifas. And i also hope that shooting will be skill-based with Timed-Finishing.
    But Passing, that is THE fundamental of football, is something that should surely be reviewed and made more manual as possible.

"It’s certainly harder than assisted and you make so, so many mistakes that are no nigh on impossible to make on assisted. You have to be really careful with where you pass and how much power you use (which of course makes you very predictable and easy to counter)."

And in addition manual controls could hide the real bugs in the game and creating real football situations, tactically and technically. The real 'problem' is that you have to train really hard to master all aspects of the game. So this close the doors to all casual players. Also 40 matches in 3 days are out of mind considering that with full manual you need to always think on everything (power, direction of passes and shots, creating chances, tactical changes, EVERYTHING). It should be something assisted but 85-95% manual. That is what we ask.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain

Agree
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

It's not a simulator. It's a game, designed to be fun to play and engaging enough that people will follow it as an esport. EA will have done their research into what the majority want and what works as the best setup for their public tournaments.

What manual players need, is a simple filter that helps them find like minded players to play against. Manual players are very much in the minority and will never be catered for in the same way, don't kid yourselves.

It's not a simulator game... but they pretend to consider fifa a simulation of a football game.
    The beauty of football is that can be played by everyone, because it requires you and a ball.
    You can play it everywhere at any times alone or with other people.
    You can play it having fun or you can play it seriously. Everything you do, you're training yourself to improve your skills.
    If it was like you think no one should have the goal to don't miss a shot or a pass. When you're watching cristiano ronaldo (or kross or modric or every top player) you know that between matches there is a professional player (a pro) that trains himself everyday to don't miss a pass, don't miss a shot, to be PERFECT on the pitch.

Why a pro on fifa should be assisted on passing or shooting? Why can't we have a game (THAT IT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME) where your skill matters? A game where if you trained hard in passing or shooting, you get rewarded?
    Why can't we got this? People won't stop buying packs during toty or tots and people that really love would play the game till the end because the game make you always improving your skills. It's obvious that full manual will make you think 'why should i buy modric if bakayoko makes the same things?' But THAT should be the work of EA and simulation. For that reason i think that a 5% of the game shouldn't be manual.
    But between 60% skill of FIFA player + 40% I.A.&assistance and 100% skill of FIFA player almost everyone will choose 100% skills.
  • Moiizer
    6709 posts Big Money Move
    Cheers lads, had a good laugh reading this thread.

FWIW Manuel competitive mode would be a pointless thing, not enough people interested to play the game that way, and i saw somewhere saying pro players cant be considered pro players lmao. Anyone going 160/160 in a qualifying month is a pro in my eyes lol.
  • Anybody interested in drafting one up somewhere so we can continuously keep reposting it in various places?

I own a couple of domain connected to Fifa Full manual, I might setup a quick page collect ideas and a "Full Manual Manifesto" there... :D
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    84 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa19 can be the same as Fifa18 but such a minor change to set full manual setting to any online mode with no option to change it would make a major difference. In full manual you have to adjust the play style and you have to build up play in order to make a chance to score and the most rewarding thing is to score a goal. the best thing is that it looks an feels almost like a real football with all the passing mistaked and finishing wide

Sounds great that mate but it's very hard. I agree it would be much more rewarding. If it was available I'd try it out for sure.
  • Mr. Soper
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    NO. All you manual guys need to give it a break. You are like .0000001% of the FUT population
  • Mr. Soper wrote: »
    NO. All you manual guys need to give it a break. You are like .0000001% of the FUT population

No one is saying that Manual is the only way: we are simply asking to promote it a little and let us have ways to play together easily (not only in FUT).

• SVKslato8

First of all aim assist on controller in a shooting game is completely different thing.
    In FIFA you can aim to corner flag and you will get a beautiful goal, is this skill what you are referring to?

For example in Fortnite or COD you still need to aim and its not like you just push the aim button and game will do everything for you compared to FIFA where you theoretically don't need to aim at all just push the pass and shoot buttons.
    Defense in FIFA is pretty close to NFL auto defense because lot of players just leave everything to AI and they just switch their player to forward and wait on the half to get the through ball after AI gets the ball. Is this a skill?

Have you seen any AI assistance in shooting games with mouse and keyboard?

Pro's are skilled I admit but only to certain level.
    Is it real skill to wait for AI defense? maybe
    Is it real skill to know where is the sweet spot of a shot regardless of the aim? maybe

What we strive to do here is to make the aim important factor of the skill.
  • SVKslato8
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Cheers lads, had a good laugh reading this thread.

FWIW Manuel competitive mode would be a pointless thing, not enough people interested to play the game that way, and i saw somewhere saying pro players cant be considered pro players lmao. Anyone going 160/160 in a qualifying month is a pro in my eyes lol.

Its not about interest its about creating a skill gap, there will be always interests to win FIFA e-world cup.

I agree pro's train they do what they can to show they are better than the rest and they are, but you have to admit there is very small skill gap currently.

Pro's would train and master full manual or what ever the setting EA will set for competitive mode.

Its that simple to turn off the assistance to create a skill gap, to create a true e-sport game.
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect

First of all aim assist on controller in a shooting game is completely different thing.
    In FIFA you can aim to corner flag and you will get a beautiful goal, is this skill what you are referring to?

For example in Fortnite or COD you still need to aim and its not like you just push the aim button and game will do everything for you compared to FIFA where you theoretically don't need to aim at all just push the pass and shoot buttons.
    Defense in FIFA is pretty close to NFL auto defense because lot of players just leave everything to AI and they just switch their player to forward and wait on the half to get the through ball after AI gets the ball. Is this a skill?

Have you seen any AI assistance in shooting games with mouse and keyboard?

Pro's are skilled I admit but only to certain level.
    Is it real skill to wait for AI defense? maybe
    Is it real skill to know where is the sweet spot of a shot regardless of the aim? maybe

What we strive to do here is to make the aim important factor of the skill.

I agree with you massively that the game has to be harder, i wasn’t getting on your case I was saying that Fifa isn’t the only game where AI is a factor but back to FIFA, the game needs to be harder, I agree that maybe not fully manual because I think that takes away from the game and I agree I would separate the field massively in terms of skill and I think that’s a good thing, obviously full manual could lead to lots of mistakes which don’t happen in real football like passing it from Cb to cb like that’s a pass which should really have no error but where as the driven ball into attackers feet does need some sort of manual control to it as it’s so easy and should be difficult to perform like he weight of a pass should be fully manual I could live with that. Fifa is about making money you have to know that so if hardly any of the players can play that way then they will play something else entirely as it won’t be fun getting hammered every game, I know where you stand and I do agree they need to maybe intergrate somehow into FUT, but it’s hard with nobody currently really playing that way so to make fut champs full manual then the whole community would go into meltdown so if there was a game mode for each fine but not to change it over but changes do need to be changed and stop making it so noob friendly
  • agentxyz2
    814 posts Professional
    Agreed. At the root of this topic. The purpose for promoting Manual is to create a larger skill gap. At the moment the huge assistance in the game can help little Timmy be relatively as good as John Doe
  • speeches123
    79 posts Park Captain
    For the love of anything. Will someone from EA please respond as to why there isn't even a filter option on FUT like regular seasons?

It's such a simple implementation as theoretically it's using the same system already in use on another mode
  • vk45
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Make assisted tournaments worth a little, semi tournaments worth a decent amount of coins and manual tournaments worth 500k and people will actually have the incentive to try them and learn (speaking of FUT, everyone playing ping pong assisted is the reason why I left it).

But other than that I literally cound barely find a seasons game with semi or manual in fifa 18 maybe because people don't know those settings exist or they just don't want to make their game harder.
  • Sporter
    We could set up a time in this discussion where we all jump on H2H and play with the ‘Manual Only’ filter.

Manual Mondays springs to mind...
  • speeches123
    79 posts Park Captain
    For the love of anything. Will someone from EA please respond as to why there isn't even a filter option on FUT like regular seasons?

It's such a simple implementation as theoretically it's using the same system already in use on another mode

@EA_Andy @EACoreySA @EA_Cian

Sorry, copied your names from another thread.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero

THIS!

• mdizzl3
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    I2iky10 wrote: »

It's not a simulator game... but they pretend to consider fifa a simulation of a football game.
    The beauty of football is that can be played by everyone, because it requires you and a ball.
    You can play it everywhere at any times alone or with other people.
    You can play it having fun or you can play it seriously. Everything you do, you're training yourself to improve your skills.
    If it was like you think no one should have the goal to don't miss a shot or a pass. When you're watching cristiano ronaldo (or kross or modric or every top player) you know that between matches there is a professional player (a pro) that trains himself everyday to don't miss a pass, don't miss a shot, to be PERFECT on the pitch.

Why a pro on fifa should be assisted on passing or shooting? Why can't we have a game (THAT IT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME) where your skill matters? A game where if you trained hard in passing or shooting, you get rewarded?
    Why can't we got this? People won't stop buying packs during toty or tots and people that really love would play the game till the end because the game make you always improving your skills. It's obvious that full manual will make you think 'why should i buy modric if bakayoko makes the same things?' But THAT should be the work of EA and simulation. For that reason i think that a 5% of the game shouldn't be manual.
    But between 60% skill of FIFA player + 40% I.A.&assistance and 100% skill of FIFA player almost everyone will choose 100% skills.

Yeah, as I said, it's a video game.

If they wanted to cater for the 'pros' with a manual mode they would. For now though, there is nothing to stop you starting a thread on here and getting a manual tournament rolling.

The majority just want a game they can pick up, play and have fun. For this reason, by default, passing & shooting assist is enabled.
  • SVKslato8
    Maybe we slipped from the route topic which is competitive mode, we don't want EA to change anything in the existing game modes. We just need a new competitive mode with full manual settings, simple isn't it?
  • Sporter
    Maybe we slipped from the route topic which is competitive mode, we don't want EA to change anything in the existing game modes. We just need a new competitive mode with full manual settings, simple isn't it?
    Not that bothered to be honest. I just prefer manual, I don’t need to prove I’m the best at it (because I’m not haha).

This is the only manual thread on the forum that I’ve seen, hence why so many people are posting their own views in here.

I’d love to just be able to play games against other manual users (none of my friends will touch it), even occasionally. The filter is a great idea but you can never get a game on it.

The closest I can get is Professional difficulty against the AI, but it lacks the competitiveness of online play.
  • speeches123
    79 posts Park Captain
    Sporter wrote: »
    Not that bothered to be honest. I just prefer manual, I don’t need to prove I’m the best at it (because I’m not haha).

This is the only manual thread on the forum that I’ve seen, hence why so many people are posting their own views in here.

I’d love to just be able to play games against other manual users (none of my friends will touch it), even occasionally. The filter is a great idea but you can never get a game on it.

The closest I can get is Professional difficulty against the AI, but it lacks the competitiveness of online play.

Also a manual thread here: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/402482/fut-control-filter-option-for-matchmaking#latest

I am not bothered by championships. Just the damn ability to filter control settings
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    The majority just want a game they can pick up, play and have fun. For this reason, by default, passing & shooting assist is enabled.

Firstly, full manual is pick up and play too, it just takes getting used to at first.

Secondly, I call nonsense on what you're implying. This forum and Reddit is filled with people taking their Weekend Leagues and FUT seriously. The desire for something a more skilled based and serious is there for many players.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    No.