FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

  • Mosaaab
    66 posts Park Captain
    manual settings is fun to play .. but unfortunately the current status of manual is awful. the passing system and receiver awareness is very bad. EA should put some efforts to improve manual, then I am pretty sure a lot people will try it and have fun with it. manual is the only way for this game to move forward.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    So let’s play full manual!
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Let's gather all full manual players
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Let's gather all full manual players

    Let’s go. But we are separated by platforms.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't see a difference in platforms, we are all on one side in competitive modes against so called pro's and others with assisted settings
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I don't see a difference in platforms, we are all on one side in competitive modes against so called pro's and others with assisted settings

    You’ve said let’s gather. I’ve thought you propose to coprorate on some community of full manual players for playing agains each other with full manual. That’s why I mentioned about platforms.
    In case you’ve proposed in abstract there’s nothing bound with platforms.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    how in the world can you play online on full manual....you never have lag or delay? that would be a nightmare
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So PS4 European players, who wants to play some full manual matches in 18?
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Baners wrote: »
    how in the world can you play online on full manual....you never have lag or delay? that would be a nightmare

    When you have lags or delay it’s no matter the control type you use.
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    Baners wrote: »
    how in the world can you play online on full manual....you never have lag or delay? that would be a nightmare

    The same way we play manual on regular seasons. Majority of the time it's fine/no different to assisted.
  • it's hard enough on assisted
  • everyone here pro Manual, like they are fifa, did u ever try it it's ****
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    EA should reward people with packs and coins for taking the challenge at either semi-assisted or full manual controls.

    That would make people play more realistic and more people would discover the art of beautiful football.

    The physics are a ton better on manual settings. It’s like it was made for that somehow.

    I’m on Xbox - Full manual or semi assisted players. Invite me. Gamertag: Benja190782
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baners wrote: »
    how in the world can you play online on full manual....you never have lag or delay? that would be a nightmare

    I play only full manual online since 2008 its hard, its disadvantage against assisted but its the best feeling when you score, when you win and you really enjoy playing FIFA that way
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I don't see a difference in platforms, we are all on one side in competitive modes against so called pro's and others with assisted settings

    You’ve said let’s gather. I’ve thought you propose to coprorate on some community of full manual players for playing agains each other with full manual. That’s why I mentioned about platforms.
    In case you’ve proposed in abstract there’s nothing bound with platforms.

    OK lets make a list of full manual players, please comment here with your names and consoles and I will create a list of it
  • Mosaaab
    66 posts Park Captain
    I play full manual .. how ever, the current state of manual game play is awful, players seem dump while receiving the ball .. awareness is very bad. I am gonna give it another try, when fifa 19 comes. the new features in fifa 19 feel rewarding and might fix a lot of issues in manual playing style.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    SVKslato8 wrote: »

    OK lets make a list of full manual players, please comment here with your names and consoles and I will create a list of it

    I can share my data. But the thing is I don’t play FIFA since I bought FIFA 17 untill EA revamp Career Mode.
  • Bouboe112
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy

    Pleaseee tell the team in charge of competetive fut in fifa that fut champs and rivals should be more manual in terms of passing and shooting. Please let them bring back skill in fifa so we can play realistic well thought football in stead of ping pong low driven goals every year.

    Please
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Bouboe112 wrote: »
    @EA_Andy

    Pleaseee tell the team in charge of competetive fut in fifa that fut champs and rivals should be more manual in terms of passing and shooting. Please let them bring back skill in fifa so we can play realistic well thought football in stead of ping pong low driven goals every year.

    Please

    They will do it never. Just learn it:
    Most players don’t want to acquire skills in FIFA and manage with full manual controls through. Most players just want that playing football video game would be dumb and easy.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...
  • speeches123
    80 posts Park Captain
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    It's not just about that. It's about being able to play just other manual players in FUT like you can in regular seasons. That was we can have a 'manual leader board/comp' like regular seasons
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    There will be no modes. If so we can play another game. What do you think?
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    have you played the demo? can someone from beta version share comments to manual vs assisted setting?
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    have you played the demo? can someone from beta version share comments to manual vs assisted setting?

    As it's a closed beta and everyone in it is under NDA no one should be sharing their comments about the beta on here.
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    It's not just about that. It's about being able to play just other manual players in FUT like you can in regular seasons. That was we can have a 'manual leader board/comp' like regular seasons

    Yes fully agree...but the option was there already in fifa18 but only a few players are playing full manual.

    We need EA to encourage more players to change from arcade fully assisted to pro fully manual settings

    And we need a competitive mode only in full manual.

    I admit there is some skill needed for esports world cup pro's because in competitive mode everyone is equal only skills decide and as we could see msdossari's defense was the key to success.

    But the game play was all about quick passes and possession and driven goals...I would like to see these pro's have the same possession and precise passes on full manual...that requires real skill!
    We could see football close to simulation with errors and small mistakes that decide, but so far we are still on arcade play.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    It's not just about that. It's about being able to play just other manual players in FUT like you can in regular seasons. That was we can have a 'manual leader board/comp' like regular seasons

    Yes fully agree...but the option was there already in fifa18 but only a few players are playing full manual.

    We need EA to encourage more players to change from arcade fully assisted to pro fully manual settings

    And we need a competitive mode only in full manual.

    I admit there is some skill needed for esports world cup pro's because in competitive mode everyone is equal only skills decide and as we could see msdossari's defense was the key to success.

    But the game play was all about quick passes and possession and driven goals...I would like to see these pro's have the same possession and precise passes on full manual...that requires real skill!
    We could see football close to simulation with errors and small mistakes that decide, but so far we are still on arcade play.

    Fully agree. I think competitive mode was brought in ut to increase number of players playing it (so the number of players who shops = money) and to see more various teams.

    BUT

    THINKING OF THE BEST FIFA PLAYER:

    ME: He shouldn't miss a pass ... FIFA: ASSISTED (with icons & best players) + TUNNEL / INVISIBLE FEET

    ME: He shouldn't miss a shot ... FIFA: ASSISTED (with icons & best players) + TUNNEL / GK I.A.

    ME: He should switch players really fast ... FIFA: Yes (5% Depends on connection)

    ME: He should close all options ... FIFA: Maybe (DEFENDERS I.A. + PARK THE BUS or Ultra def. from 1')

    ME: Pressing perfectly ... FIFA: DEFENDERS I.A. + Connection + Depends on the game (Impossible in fifa 18)

    ME: Interceptions ... FIFA: DEFENDERS I.A. + Connection + TUNNEL / INVISIBLE FEET

    ME: Tactical Advanced ... FIFA: 4-3-2-1 / 4-1-2-1-2 (2) + 4-2-3-1 (+ 3-4-2-1 if losing)

    ME: Create wow chances ... FIFA: ASSISTED PASSING + DEFENDERS I.A. + Connection + TUNNEL + PING PONG

    WTF?!?!? Where is skill?
  • renopeno
    15 posts Ball Boy
    Alex wrote: »
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I2iky10 wrote: »
    fifa 19 demo is more manual, but in the full game...

    have you played the demo? can someone from beta version share comments to manual vs assisted setting?

    As it's a closed beta and everyone in it is under NDA no one should be sharing their comments about the beta on here.

    Instead of contributing to the discussion, this is where you decide to jump in and post a reply..
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Obviously skill element was really missed in FIFA 18, lets see what is the skill factor in FIFA19.

    I get the point that if AI interaction has to be there from obvious reason (you cannot control all 11 players at once), there has to be manual setting for everything else that user can control. Otherwise what is the point of skill in this game?

    In FIFA 18 the only skill I could see in e world cup was the defense which is manual (quick switching of players and closing the gaps, almost never tackles but only waiting for interceptions) which Msdossary mastered and that's why he won it. All the games were the same with ping pong passing to the box then skill move to make a space for a shot and low driven shot and the same scenario repeat again.

    Competitive department in EA should review the whole e-world cup setup, I liked the live streaming and marketing behind but they need to find a setting how to mitigate the AI interaction and increase the importance of user interaction. (Something is wrong with the game if Pro player rage quits on live event due to abuse of AI interactions, where he couldn't do anything to stop 3 kick off goals in a row)
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    Obviously skill element was really missed in FIFA 18, lets see what is the skill factor in FIFA19.

    I get the point that if AI interaction has to be there from obvious reason (you cannot control all 11 players at once), there has to be manual setting for everything else that user can control. Otherwise what is the point of skill in this game?

    In FIFA 18 the only skill I could see in e world cup was the defense which is manual (quick switching of players and closing the gaps, almost never tackles but only waiting for interceptions) which Msdossary mastered and that's why he won it. All the games were the same with ping pong passing to the box then skill move to make a space for a shot and low driven shot and the same scenario repeat again.

    Competitive department in EA should review the whole e-world cup setup, I liked the live streaming and marketing behind but they need to find a setting how to mitigate the AI interaction and increase the importance of user interaction. (Something is wrong with the game if Pro player rage quits on live event due to abuse of AI interactions, where he couldn't do anything to stop 3 kick off goals in a row)

    agree. at this moment hope is all i have
  • SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    We can ask EA....EA is there any change in competitive mode in FIFA 19?
Sign In or Register to comment.