FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

• SVKslato8
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited July 2018
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.

Thats because most cant be bothered to learn how to play without assistance - its really quite hard. It would show many so called pros, that there actually nor that good in reality.

Just because most dont want it doesnt mean it shouldn't happen. Competitive modes should have no assistance at all - or its not about pitting your gaming/football skills - its about who can work the exploits better.

FULLY AGREE, there is no place for FIFA in competitive e-sports world while there is assistance allowed
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    It would make sense for a competitive mode to be manual. It’s just the community wouldn’t play it.

the vast majority of the community shouldnt be able to play competative modes - if they cant be bothered to put the time in to learn how to play it.

No reason you cant have other modes for those who cant be bothered to put the time in.

As usual, we are catering for the mediocre, lazy masses who want everything quick and easy and believe that makes them good at something. Competitive modes SHOULD be hard, SHOULDNT come easy, and SHOULD need work to master.

Ultimately, pandering to the masses in the community just shows EA isnt committed to becoming an ESport - just an arcade game.

Ultimately Fifa NEEDS a Manual Only mode - be that something like Divs but forced manual, or a true competative competition. If you have a "professional league" mode, which was effectively Divisions but forced fully manual, and the rewards you got for promotion/titles etc were a lot higher than normal divs (say 3x the coins per game, 3 x the coins per div complete and some kind of card reward - be that packs or players) then people will play it - and people will get better at manual - and FIFA will loose all the rubbish (or most of it) that so many complain about at present - and Fifa will finally become a decent game to play.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.

Thats because most cant be bothered to learn how to play without assistance - its really quite hard. It would show many so called pros, that there actually nor that good in reality.

Just because most dont want it doesnt mean it shouldn't happen. Competitive modes should have no assistance at all - or its not about pitting your gaming/football skills - its about who can work the exploits better.

100% I think that fut champions will go one step at the time to full manual settings.

Maybe in fifa 19 we'll have manual defending and semi-assisted passing and shooting and in fifa 20 full manual settings (it's an example but i hope something similar).

You should think also that esports are growing up quickly and they were proposed to the olympic committee like few days ago. (fifa included)
  • SVKslato8
    I2iky10 wrote: »

100% I think that fut champions will go one step at the time to full manual settings.

Maybe in fifa 19 we'll have manual defending and semi-assisted passing and shooting and in fifa 20 full manual settings (it's an example but i hope something similar).

You should think also that esports are growing up quickly and they were proposed to the olympic committee like few days ago. (fifa included)

Its hard to imagine that fifa with assisted competitive mode would be olympic sport.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    I2iky10 wrote: »

Its hard to imagine that fifa with assisted competitive mode would be olympic sport.

And for that reason they will go on full manual settings. Maybe not in the next fifa to not be a drastic change to everyone. But in 2 or 3 fifa, i think it will be full manual. (fut champions or competitive mode)
  • SVKslato8
    It would make sense for a competitive mode to be manual. It’s just the community wouldn’t play it.

the vast majority of the community should be able to play competative modes - if they cant be bothered to put the time in to learn how to play it.

No reason you cant have other modes fore those who cant be bothered to put the time in.

As usual, we are catering for the mediocre, lazy masses who want everything easy and believe that makes them good at something. Competitive modes SHOULD be hard, SHOULDNT come easy, and SHOULD need work to master.

Ultimately, pandering to the masses in the community just shows EA isnt committed to becoming an ESport - just an arcade game.

This is the best argumentation I have seen on what the competitive game should be like.
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain

the vast majority of the community should be able to play competative modes - if they cant be bothered to put the time in to learn how to play it.

No reason you cant have other modes fore those who cant be bothered to put the time in.

As usual, we are catering for the mediocre, lazy masses who want everything easy and believe that makes them good at something. Competitive modes SHOULD be hard, SHOULDNT come easy, and SHOULD need work to master.

100000000% AGREE
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2018
    I actually dont buy the "the community dont want it" argument. Let face it - the community want lots of things EA fails to deliver. I do ge there will be a few who are so used to assisted they dont want to chance as they wound be as good - but for most they will play what is provided.

Ultimately its about EAs "golden" obsession that is FUT - in all its formats. Why? because it makes money - millions and millions in pack/FP sales. I get that - their a buisiness.

However, they feel (like many in the community that have made the argument) that going forced manual will kill that revenue. Who's going to fork out real money, in the hope of getting a player with top passing/finishing/dribbling skills if it s all in the hands of the real player anyway (which it would be in manual) and those stats are meaningless.

I get the thinking as well - but I dont actually belive it would harm that income too much - here's why. While many IGSs would be meaningless, many would still count. Physical attributes like height, strength, pace and acceleration, shot power, agility, positioning (after all 10 players will always be ai controlled even in manual) will always make a difference. And lets face it - those are the only stats people really take notice of anyway. Its all pretty much pace pace pace, with a bit of power power power. People will still want the fastest, strongest, most agile players in the game regardless of manual or assisted control. People care less about finishing than pace now (finishing in a bonus not the first thing they look at), and pace/strength is still more important than tackling skills at the back.

That said - I get why EA are playing "safe". But surly the way is to introduce fully forced manual modes - with lucrative rewards - and see what happens. If sales go down they can always cut the mode - saying "the community wernt playing it much", but if it took off, and revenues wernt hit much they could faze it in more and more - eventually leading to competative modes being the same. By that point most players would be used to fully manual anyway so its a non issue at that point.
    Post edited by paul24878306 on
  • I2iky10
    72 posts Park Captain
    I actually dont buy the "the community dont want it" argument. Let face it - the community want lots of things EA fails to deliver.

Ultimately its about EAs "golden" obsession that is FUT - in all its formats. Why? because it makes money - millions and millions in pack/FP sales. I get that - their a buisiness.

However, they feel (like many in the community that have made the argument) that going forced manual will kill that revenue. Who's going to fork out real money, in the hope of getting a player with top passing/finishing/dribbling skills if it s all in the hands of the real player anyway (which it would be in manual) and those stats are meaningless.

I get the thinking as well - but I dont actually belive it would harm that income too much - here's why. While many IGSs would be meaningless, many would still count. Physical attributes like height, strength, pace and acceleration, shot power, agility, positioning (after all 10 players will always be ai controlled even in manual) will always make a difference. And lets face it - those are the only stats people really take notice of anyway. Its all pretty much pace pace pace, with a bit of power power power. People will still want the fastest, strongest, most agile players in the game regardless of manual or assisted control. People care less about finishing than pace now (finishing in a bonus not the first thing they look at), and pace/strength is still more important than tackling skills at the back.

That said - I get why EA are playing "safe". But surly the way is to introduce fully forced manual modes - with lucrative rewards - and see what happens. If sales go down they can always cut the mode - saying the community wernt playing it much", but if it took off, and revenues wernt hit much they could face it in more and more - eventually leading to competative modes being the same. By that point most players would be used to fully manual anyway so its a non issue at that point.

1000000000000000000000000% AGREE
  • Massikiller
    78 posts Park Captain
    edited July 2018
    You don't need to force it to anybody.
    You just need to reward the players that play full manual.

Think about online seasons and pro clubs seasons.
    You just have 10 division and the only diference between them is the number of games you need to be relegated , promoted or win the title. And you only have one objective, which is, win the division 1 title, that's it.
    What if, instead of 10 divisions alone, you have, let's call them championships, where each one would have several (10 is too much I guess) divisions themselves, but each championship would have its own rules. Like one would be just like it is now, another could be having all the players with the same stats, another would be manual controls.

And that's it, right there, you introduce another layer of complexity to the game, new trophies/badges for each championship.

On FUT for instance, the obvious thing to do would be to reward with better packs if you play on the championship with manual controls.

with this kind of structure you don't force anyone to play manual, you just encourage them to and reward them.

And of course, for professional leagues, E-sport stuff, you would have the pro championship, which could be the manual controls championship ;)

There it is my 5cents.

Oh, one thing that should be improved is the controls themselves. On manual control there is no need to have a button for through pass, ground and lobbed, they could be replaced for something else, like distinguish shots with the head or foot, for instance.

Cheers
  • Janscharie
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    If ea just take a look at this topic they would see that manuall controlls SHOULD be implemented in every game mode.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Who knows is there a way in FIFA to play player vs player online with custom squads?

Are you sure this post is related to this topic? We are discussing full manual setting in online competitive mode

Yes, I am! The question is actual still.
  • SVKslato8
    Who knows is there a way in FIFA to play player vs player online with custom squads?

Are you sure this post is related to this topic? We are discussing full manual setting in online competitive mode

Can you please describe more what your comment meant in regards to full manual in competitive mode?
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited July 2018

Can you please describe more what your comment meant in regards to full manual in competitive mode?

In FIFA player vs player is a competitive mode with the opportunity to play full manual. Now I would like to know is there a way to play this mode with full manual applying custom squads?
  • Altair14
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA did not say anything about the full manual for fifa 19?

it would be nice to play online Classic mode or FuT only in full manual with other players
  • SVKslato8

In FIFA player vs player is a competitive mode with the opportunity to play full manual. Now I would like to know is there a way to play this mode with full manual applying custom squads?

ok the only competitive mode in Fifa18 was FUT are you reffering to this?
    there are other modes where player vs player can compete (online seasons, online tournament for WC)
    in online season and tournament you use the default squads in FUT you can customize your squad, but its hard to find an opponent who plays full manual
  • SVKslato8
    Altair14 wrote: »
    EA did not say anything about the full manual for fifa 19?

it would be nice to play online Classic mode or FuT only in full manual with other players

No EA didnt mention it yet and it is only a proposal from the community so far.
  • Mosaaab
    66 posts Park Captain
    manual = freedom from garbage A.I
  • Bouboe112
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    Give us more manual gameplay EA !!! PLEASEEE IM BEGGING YOU?! Make shooting and passimg at least semi assisted in fut champs so it takes some skill to score and pass !!! Scoring goals is one of the hardest things in real life but in fifa you just press ttwice o and a low driven goes flying in the bottom corner regardless of where you aimed !! Make it more realistic plss ea. This is not competitive and certainly not fun !! When you score a goal you should get a sense of achievememt you actually did something which required skill !

Please Ea.. dont do this for another year
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited July 2018

ok the only competitive mode in Fifa18 was FUT are you reffering to this?
    there are other modes where player vs player can compete (online seasons, online tournament for WC)
    in online season and tournament you use the default squads in FUT you can customize your squad, but its hard to find an opponent who plays full manual

Now it’s clear. There’s no way to play head2head (which can be played with full manual) with custom squads. Sadly.
  • Altair14
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bouboe112 wrote: »
    Give us more manual gameplay EA !!! PLEASEEE IM BEGGING YOU?! Make shooting and passimg at least semi assisted in fut champs so it takes some skill to score and pass !!! Scoring goals is one of the hardest things in real life but in fifa you just press ttwice o and a low driven goes flying in the bottom corner regardless of where you aimed !! Make it more realistic plss ea. This is not competitive and certainly not fun !! When you score a goal you should get a sense of achievememt you actually did something which required skill !

Right! Come on EA it's time to consider the full manual community
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional

Why should we wait for full manual in FUT when it’s possible to play full manual in head2head games?
  • hooligan87
    240 posts Sunday League Hero

I don't know how long you can ignore this?! Why doesn't EA want to think about real players who want to play realistic football??? We're sick of auto-control! Developers should have logic - they should understand that we are right! Guys, we know that we are the best players, but not the fake Champions who win 40-0 in WL, who score the same goals in every match!
  • hooligan87
    When I score a beautiful goal on auto-control - I don't even want to watch the replay! Because I know that my merit in this goal is not present! Only stupid players enjoy such goals on auto-control! You look at the" best " goals of the week. They are all the same boring and arcade! How can you not understand that???
  • hooligan87
    It is not difficult for you to add manual control in all modes! You must understand that this is the most difficult to play, and then it should be evaluated more (prizes, awards)! We do not ask you to remove from the game auto-control, and just add tournaments manually! You look at PRO Clubs! They all play like Messi And Ronaldo thanks to the auto-control! Do you find it interesting?????
  • hooligan87
    I'm desperate! I don't know how many more people have to explain this to the developers! I love football, I know how to play it, but I can not fully realize myself, because the developers do not give such an opportunity! I think it's unfair!!!
  • hooligan87
    I find it funny when EA rewards fake Champions who just press buttons quickly and know the cons of the game well - where to shoot from, etc
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    hooligan87 wrote: »
    I'm desperate! I don't know how many more people have to explain this to the developers! I love football, I know how to play it, but I can not fully realize myself, because the developers do not give such an opportunity! I think it's unfair!!!

The same!
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    hooligan87 wrote: »

I don't know how long you can ignore this?! Why doesn't EA want to think about real players who want to play realistic football??? We're sick of auto-control! Developers should have logic - they should understand that we are right!

It will be ignored as long as casual players would bring them money.
    Why should EA care about prominently lesser community of hardcore players in case this won’t bring them more money?
    Developers have great logic, they’re smart. That is why we have exactly the game that it is.

It’s sadly I agree. I just tried to explain the situation.
  • SVKslato8
    edited July 2018
    I think they just need to change the rules of interactive world cup and set the full manual as default setting with no option to change it.

They can keep FUT the same as it is. We just need to disconnect it from E-world cup qualification and let it live its own life with weekly DKT and WL.

Interactive world cup needs to have different online qualification mode with forced full manual settings. In ideal world with the same rating for each player to highlight the user skills. (I guess we already had in the past an offline mode where we could equal the player ratings and let the result show the best user not the best AI players)

Win - Win solution for E-sports community and also for FUT community
    Post edited by SVKslato8 on