Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

Comments

• SVKslato8
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Let them have assisted game with FUT but let us have competitive mode with full manual for skilled players
  • I hope they add this. Play with full manual settings makes the game better. Looks like real football.
  • SVKslato8
    We all hope for couple of years but probably there is not enough demand from the community. I don't understand how department of competitive gaming in EA can let this happen. Esport community will never allow FIFA become a real Esport game with assisted gameplay
  • hooligan87
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tass, Gorilla, Castro and others are not the best players! These players are well used to auto-control, learn the same feints, shots. Play monotonous and not interesting! You look, they score the same goals! They are afraid of manual control! Because they will not be the best players. On manual control you need to be able to play! We must be able to calculate the strength and direction! The best players should only compete on manual control! On auto-control can play even a child who is good at using the gamepad, but who does not understand anything in football! The developers do not think about the players who are sick of auto-control and primitive football!
  • hooligan87
    I hate it when a player aims past the goal, and the computer scores a goal! I hate when a player has to make an inaccurate pass and has to lose the ball, but the computer helps him and he continues to attack!
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    For all this is a solution, don't buy or play fifa/fut19, it's that simple, im gonna miss this forum once both games release and have to look for a new place, that might actually be the hard part, been coming and posting on these forums and also the old ones, for a good 10 years now, could be less, anyway that's a long time of a habit to break.

My guess is fifa/Fut 19 Will be the same again as last few releases, with minor changes that the so called playerbase asked for, I won't bother again with frustrating gameplay for a hole Year, I have seen Enough.

I love the UT concept of building a team and all, but the gameplay and some elements need to be removed and /or fixed,specially servers for a game that earns Millions each Year,we all know what I mean with that, no use mention it on forum.

Im going pes19 they Improvement a lot, and I actually like their gameplay + im a old gamer(37) anyway, can't keep up with the kids, never got higher then E3 on 17 and gold 1 on 18, time for a Switch, maybe then EA Will listen if Enough ppl do it.
  • hooligan87
    Now this situation! Weak players compete with each other (determine who is strong among the weak), play different modes, and strong and real players slowly play in the seasons on manual control. Such players are not appreciated. That's unfair.
  • Boommaametw3
    1123 posts Professional
    Uberman wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.

This. No one wants full manual. Defending needs to be harder though

There needs to be a balance. Sometimes you see a passing lane, you block the land. And the 25 yards driven pass from Valencia goes straight through like he is David Beckham.
    It is shooting that needs to be manual. People just tap shoot no direction, straight in the middle and the kepper somehow dodges the ball on purpose. Pls scorelines 7-5 etc is not fun. Shooting must be exclusively skill based so games end 3-1,2-1 and 2-0 etc
  • SVKslato8
    Uberman wrote: »
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.

This. No one wants full manual. Defending needs to be harder though

There needs to be a balance. Sometimes you see a passing lane, you block the land. And the 25 yards driven pass from Valencia goes straight through like he is David Beckham.
    It is shooting that needs to be manual. People just tap shoot no direction, straight in the middle and the kepper somehow dodges the ball on purpose. Pls scorelines 7-5 etc is not fun. Shooting must be exclusively skill based so games end 3-1,2-1 and 2-0 etc

this balance could be in FUT or any other non competitive mode, but for esports mode for eworld cup there has to be only full manual
  • SVKslato8
    if somebody competent from EA would read this post or this forum they would make changes or at least they would communicate with us why it is or it is not possible
  • Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    SVKslato8 wrote: »
    if somebody competent from EA would read this post or this forum they would make changes or at least they would communicate with us why it is or it is not possible

Try live chat
  • C o b r a
    606 posts An Exciting Prospect
    if u suck with assisted controls isnt like u will be better using manual.. would be just a gimmick to look different
  • SVKslato8
    Dragond81 wrote: »

Try live chat

where is that possible?
  • SVKslato8
    C o b r a wrote: »
    if u suck with assisted controls isnt like u will be better using manual.. would be just a gimmick to look different

whole game play is different with full manual because you need to think...
  • agentxyz2
    788 posts Professional

No, if you suck with Assisted you will be much much worse on Manual. It creates an actual skill gap in the game. Manual requires more thought and precision. At the moment anybody can ping pong pass and shoot
  • SVKslato8
    Unfortunately full manual community is so weak and small. You can clearly see it when you try to play against full manual controls opponent, you need to wait 30 minutes and more to find a game. That is why we are calling for a competitive mode in FIFA with highest AI difficulty and full manual setting with no option to change it
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    I fully agree with the topic starter. But EA won’t listen to us because the full manual community is so small.
    All we have to do is to create our own small (at least at the very beginning) groups of people interested in full manual competitions and try to create our own tournaments.
  • SVKslato8
    I am fully with you and lets create full manual community and build it over time. What I still cannot understand is the competitive mode EA has chosen. Its crystal clear why the game play is tuned for casual players in FUT, but competitive mode is a nonsense. Competition is not for casual players, its for skilled players and professionals.

Imagine again counter strike pro player aiming to the left and conceding perfect head shot on the right, that is how the assisted passing and shooting works. All full manual players please leave a comment.
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    I am fully with you and lets create full manual community and build it over time. What I still cannot understand is the competitive mode EA has chosen. Its crystal clear why the game play is tuned for casual players in FUT, but competitive mode is a nonsense. Competition is not for casual players, its for skilled players and professionals.

Imagine again counter strike pro player aiming to the left and conceding perfect head shot on the right, that is how the assisted passing and shooting works. All full manual players please leave a comment.

Agree 100%, but i trust ea could use manual settings for fut champions in the future. There will be chances to using manual settings also in seasons, I hope.
  • GrimboSlice
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited July 2018
    FULL MANUAL IN COMPETITIVE MODES

AI ASSISTANCE OUT!!!

At the VERY LEAST

Sliders need adjusting to

AI 20%
    User input 80%
  • hooligan87
    Why can't the developers comment on their opinion about the development of manual control?! Is it difficult for you to add it to FUT? This is the most interesting and realistic gameplay in FIFA. But you're completely ignoring him. I am sure that if you add it to UT and give more prizes and awards-many people will love this mode! How much longer?! We do not ask to remove from the game auto-control! We ask you to make tournaments and modes for us!
  • Joonlar
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't know why they've never added a manual filter to FUT.

You'd think that EA would want as many people possible playing their money-making mode, but instead all manual players have been forced into Seasons, Co-op, or Friendlies for the past decade.
  • hooligan87
    ◄ Why the need for a manual control settings?

Personally, I recommend going to these settings as far as possible to everyone. They give a huge variety of your game, you really start to think in any situation as it will be better to do, try not to rush and play real football. Do not forget about the tactics and all sorts of sliders that give the game even more realism. ◄ Advantages of manual control versus automatic

- mechanical approach to a full-fledged football simulator.
    - control over game events by 99%.
    - game wealth of control and as a result-a variety of game situations in the development of attack, as well as the organization of defense.
    - strengthening of the human factor.
    - reducing the impact of the slaughter characteristics of top players.
    - adequate pace of the game.
    - increased effect of presence on the field.
    - similarity with the real (real) football.
    - close to the reality of the percentage of marriage in the transmission and the shots on goal.
    - non-linearity and unpredictability of the game.
    - equal game in all respects.
    - enhance the feeling of virtual ball in the game and coordination.
    - increase the influence of the TTD of each player on the field.
    - improved balance in the standard provisions, the corner. ◄ Disadvantages

- negative factor depending on the model of the gamepad.
    - the factor of possible difficulties and psychological barriers in the development.
    - high differentiation in the level of play experienced players and beginners.
    ◄ Outcomes and conclusions

Manual control settings have a huge potential for success in the environment of people who like to watch and play football, not in the arcade. Do not think that manual -play some incredible nerds and that's impossible, this is absolutely not true. You can learn these settings pretty quickly and they are definitely worth it! But this is a personal matter.
  • Bouboe112
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EAAAA MAKE FUT CHAMPS MORE MANUAL !!!! LISTEN TO US !!!

At least make shooting semi assisted so not every shot goes in even if you are aiming towards the corner flag.. make skill come back for gods sake.!!!

You have alienated a lot of people with **** fifa 18.. i have bougt your game since the start but now have setious doubt because if the lack of skill gal, lack of user control and lack of footbalk realism.
  • Sporter
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Is there a manual community on this forum anywhere?
  • SVKslato8
    Based on latest forum rules, lets not create other multiple posts but lets gather here. lets create a full manual community and if we get enough views and posts they will spot this thread and maybe we are heard by EA.
  • SVKslato8
    hooligan87 very good post...i agree with everything you wrote.
    Bouboue112 yes I am with you.
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    How about this:
    * D10 - D7 All type of control is allowed so new players can still enjoy playing against other players.
    * D6 - D4 Disable ASSISTED.
    * Above D3 Disable Semi Assited as well.
    * All competitive with money involved should be manual.
  • SVKslato8
    very good proposal from smnox but I am skeptic about it. EA focuses on casual gamers and your prosposal would be against them as all of the casuals would stuck between D10 - D4, in addition it would be even more difficult for full manual players to climb to top 3 divisions through all assisted players.
    Anyway by posting this proposals we can make the difference
  • Janscharie
    223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    very good proposal from smnox but I am skeptic about it. EA focuses on casual gamers and your prosposal would be against them as all of the casuals would stuck between D10 - D4, in addition it would be even more difficult for full manual players to climb to top 3 divisions through all assisted players.
    Anyway by posting this proposals we can make the difference

But you will learn

Assisted--semi assisted-- full manuall