Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

FIFA 19 proposal for competitive modes with full manual settings only

SVKslato8
413 posts Sunday League Hero
edited July 2018
Hi guys, who agrees that any competitive mode in FIFA19 should be played without any assisted passing(overpowered accuracy and ping pong passing), assisted scoring(overpowered low driven shots) or assisted defending (contain)?
Post edited by SVKslato8 on

Comments

• Walsgrove_V2
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who agrees that there are countless threads on this already?
  • maksi
    6026 posts Big Money Move
    You have manual H2H Seasons mode and leaderboard.
  • SVKslato8
    do you call that a competitive mode?
  • Uberman
    15625 posts World Class
    I'd rather kms than everything be full manual.
  • SVKslato8
    why do you need assistance if you want to compete with your skills with others? Do you see counter strike aim assist or other competitive games assisting to pro players except FIFA?
  • RadioShaq
    14150 posts Moderator
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.
  • SVKslato8
    Do you really want esport game that FIFA strives to be with assisted game? Let them have assistance in other modes as option but no in competitive mode.
  • Uberman
    15625 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    People never really wanted a manual game. Just defense to be harder and offense easier. Once you ask about offense going manual then most are against it.

This. No one wants full manual. Defending needs to be harder though
  • SVKslato8
    Can you be a pro player in esport game without full manual control except FIFA? I assume NO. I am referring only to competitive mode for pro players.
  • RadioShaq
    14150 posts Moderator
    It would make sense for a competitive mode to be manual. It’s just the community wouldn’t play it.
  • SVKslato8
    I get your concern, that's why I propose to exclude competitive mode from FUT and the community could still play assisted FUT mode.And all pro events (online+offline) would be in full manual mode. It should be a privilege to play in competitive mode which should be earned by mastering the skills in full manual settings
  • agentxyz2
    788 posts Professional
    edited June 2018
    Lol babies can't let go of their assistance and think their gods at FUT Champs even though they are crutched on Assisted
  • hooligan87
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Those who are against manual control - you are incompetent! You can't do anything without a computer! What is manual control??? - when the ball flies to wherever you have directed(aimed)! You hard because you do not know how to count the shots and passes! So you do not understand and do not know how to play soccer! You are not used to aim, and just press the button and wait for the computer to score a goal for you! Are you enjoying a beautiful goal?! It's funny because you have nothing to do with it! Because of such weaklings suffer real players! You weaklings have to compete with each other, and cyber football should be only on manual control!
  • hooligan87
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Any fool can play on auto-control! On manual-play only those who really know how and loves to play! I believe that FIFA should have more modes and competitions for manual control! Should give more prizes and awards! Developers may not clean up auto-control, but they should understand that real professionals play on manual settings! The game should respect these people and pay more attention to them!
  • Benja190782
    875 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2018
    Nobody knows that they actually want full manual controls, because most people have never tried the settings and actually found out, how beautiful and rewarding real football can be!

Full manual or atleast semi-assisted controls is needed for the FUT online Seasons and WL.
    Which means that FIFA will be an true E-sport for the first time ever if done!

The physics in FIFA were build for manual controls! It’s really that simple! The game comes alive and is much more rewarding when you score on full manual or even semi-assisted.

It’s clear to me that it’s the only way if EA want a true competitive game with FIFA 19!

Most important is players like Christian Eriksen will be very usefull with his passing, just as Gabriel Jesus is today with his speed drible all over the pitch.

On assisted controls Christian Eriksen is just as good as every other player when it comes to passing. Because everybody is Toni Kroos in FIFA 18. Not a single pass is missed.

On manual everybody is in the same boat. No help so if you suck at football you’ll suck in FIFA.

Today in FIFA 18 my 7 year old son can pass from defence to attack with his eyes closed because of the overly assisted passing.

Competitive? Naa not really...

• SVKslato8
    agree with you but no semi-assisted only full manual
  • jokeaway
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nobody knows that they actually want full manual controls, because most people have never tried the settings and actually found out, how beautiful and rewarding real football can be!

Full manual or atleast semi-assisted controls is needed for the FUT online Seasons and WL.

The physics in FIFA were build for manual controls! It’s really that simple! The game comes alive and is much more rewarding when you score on full manual or even semi-assisted.

It’s clear to me that it’s the only way if EA want a true competitive game with FIFA 19!

Most important is players like Christian Eriksen will be very usefull with his passing, just as Gabriel Jesus is today with his speed drible all over the pitch.

On assisted controls Christian Eriksen is just as good as every other player when it comes to passing. Because everybody is Toni Kroos in FIFA 18. Not a single pass is missed.

On manual everybody is in the same boat. No help so if you suck at football you’ll suck in FIFA.

Today in FIFA 18 my 7 year old son can pass from defence to attack with his eyes closed because of the overly assisted passing.

THIS!!
  • Recoba
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    No. Manual is for noobs.
  • SVKslato8
    Recoba wrote: »
    No. Manual is for noobs.

Try full manual first...its so lame and easy to play with full assisted settings
  • SVKslato8
    jokeaway wrote: »

THIS!!

Lets share this so EA would hear us
  • GargabeGame
    61 posts Park Captain

And the only way to do that is to build the "ping pong" mode where everyone spams one-twos, or rush to the wings to exploit the crosses ? I mean...
    Nevermind the people asking for updates on the other modes, let's keep feeding the cows with FUT additions without deriving from the norm that's been the last 2-3 years : cattering to mindless gameplay, where somebody can just rip through your defense with assisted missiles.

Grats on regressing instead of evolving.
  • SVKslato8
    i guess ping pong is a result of EA decision to make casual player even to pro player to create a feeling that anybody could beat anybody and be the best player. I understand they want to keep all casual players with the game to buy the legaly doubtful lootboxes (packages) but there has to be a mode for pros and experienced players with full manual setting
  • I2iky10
    71 posts Park Captain
    I LOVE THIS POST. TOTAL AGREE.
    FIFA is a football game and if you don't know football, you can't be a pro, thanks to park the bus with ramos toty and maldini and spam x or a to ping-pong and score with ronaldo turned back out of the box.

Competitive mode need to be manual only, competitive mode should be manual only.

But most of all why a game should be all assisted? Where is the satisfaction of players that really learn to master something? Where is the satisfaction in passing, if all players are pirlo, iniesta and modric?
  • Hyper_Sniper
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    I suck at manual but it makes sense that competitive players should HAVE to use Manual as they are supposed to be the pinnacle of FIFA players rather than having everything assisted.

Can't see it happening though as Competitive is all about making EA money and having manual won't make EA more money
  • GrimboSlice
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2018

And the only way to do that is to build the "ping pong" mode where everyone spams one-twos, or rush to the wings to exploit the crosses ? I mean...
    Nevermind the people asking for updates on the other modes, let's keep feeding the cows with FUT additions without deriving from the norm that's been the last 2-3 years : cattering to mindless gameplay, where somebody can just rip through your defense with assisted missiles.

Grats on regressing instead of evolving.

Evolution is a masonic myth. Research.
    Knowledge is POWER.
  • SVKslato8
    edited June 2018
    I suck at manual but it makes sense that competitive players should HAVE to use Manual as they are supposed to be the pinnacle of FIFA players rather than having everything assisted.

Can't see it happening though as Competitive is all about making EA money and having manual won't make EA more money

You never know what can happen but I am sure there is a way how to make competitive mode full manual while keeping their income for lootboxes in FUT
  • ESPORTS without a doubt MUST be manual to be considered competitive.

It really is a shame that so few people try manual because it is by far the most rewarding way to play. IMO the thing to do is to make a “Manual Seasons” mode for online seasons and UT. That way the assisted players can play how they like and EA still make their money.

If people feel like they want to test their skill they can try “Manual Seasons”, but leave it completely optional. EA should have significantly higher coin rewards in UT as an incentive to get people to try it out.
    Even better, they could have “CR7” as a reward to every player who wins division 1 on manual. That’ll get people playing it!

There really is no reason not to do this.
  • Benja190782
    875 posts Semi-Pro
    I know one thing - if FIFA 19 is anything like 18 with the unbelievable assisted passing and shooting leading to ping pong passing etc. I’m not even gonna try making FIFA 19 a good and competitive football game in any online mode.

I’ve been trying all year in FIFA 18 and It was obviously a waste of time.

@Recoba can we have a reason why manual controls is for noobs? Or are you just a troll?

• SVKslato8
    Fifa19 can be the same as Fifa18 but such a minor change to set full manual setting to any online mode with no option to change it would make a major difference. In full manual you have to adjust the play style and you have to build up play in order to make a chance to score and the most rewarding thing is to score a goal. the best thing is that it looks an feels almost like a real football with all the passing mistaked and finishing wide
  • SeanDCFC
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should be semi-assisted at the very least, unfortunately EA make their game more automatic every year and they even patch the game to make it more automatic. This is a company who make a game where your players slide and lunge automatically as well as make them clear the ball by themselves. Unfortunately Fifa players actually want this garbage so it will only get worse.