Do you pause at the start of the game and change formations?

Kyranst
473 posts An Exciting Prospect
Interested to see the responses. I never do it because I personally think it’s effort because you have to do all the tactics as well.

Some people think it’s cheap and to some extent it is but is it worth all the players being full chem? Probably.

Comments

• Nodge86
    3510 posts National Call-Up
    I do but only because I had to in the one nation WL. Never did it before that and only do it now because I had to keep some players from that weekend.
  • Mattheos
    1757 posts Play-Off Hero
    No.
  • Cenzo180
    729 posts Professional
    As of Friday I now sub on Salah straight away. I say Friday because I only realised on Friday that he will get the chem of the person he replaces.
  • selb
    7393 posts League Winner
    Cenzo180 wrote: »
    As of Friday I now sub on Salah straight away. I say Friday because I only realised on Friday that he will get the chem of the person he replaces.

That's not how subs work, subs get 6.25 chem.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    selb wrote: »

That's not how subs work, subs get 6.25 chem.

5 chem.

And no, I don't. I have in the past when I was "tryharding" so as to not be at a disadvantage vs other people who do it, but I hate doing it and it's late in the game.
  • Pughy30
    29066 posts Player of the Year
    Can’t be bothered to do it I just build my team as I’m gonna use it
  • Alex_cr
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    Never. And I’ve played in WL with teams with as little as 63 chem and still finished where I always do.
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    Yes i do

I want to play with the players i enjoy playing with. I also have to lots of different leagues and players to hybrid because of the TOTS SBC. I also play 41212(2) and just dont have the coins to buy most of the central version of players i want to play with.
  • Alex_cr
    5933 posts Big Money Move
    ILevis wrote: »
    Yes i do

I want to play with the players i enjoy playing with. I also have to lots of different leagues and players to hybrid because of the TOTS SBC. I also play 41212(2) and just dont have the coins to buy most of the central version of players i want to play with.

Just try them off chem for one match. It really makes so little difference. I had Mbappe on 2 and he still banged them in for me.
  • Kyranst
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    ILevis wrote: »
    Yes i do

Just try them off chem for one match. It really makes so little difference. I had Mbappe on 2 and he still banged them in for me.

It’s a mental thing really, I never change my formation at the start and I’m fine with using my players on 6 or more chemistry.
  • BeastlyHusla
    7635 posts League Winner
    in SBs all the time... cuz idgaf aboot da AI
  • bberger
    6660 posts Big Money Move

lol, that's a dead wrong statement. He gets 6.25 chem (only if your squad has 100 chem) and even less if not
  • SupaNoodle1990
    31448 posts National Team Captain
    I do because of the amount of untradeables I have to fit into one team.
  • Diggy
    15140 posts World Class
    No but early on I did swap CB Lothar & CDM Marcel Becuse the other cards were so much more expensive
  • HullCity1904
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    I've played 35 games in WL, and 35 times the opponent pauses... ❤️❤️❤️❤️ annoying
  • MatteoDiBella
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No, it pains me that people cba to build an effective squad from the break, as that’s the whole point to this game mode. Also, does it really matter that tots Neymar is on 10 chem vs 7? My starting 11 has 6 different leagues and about 8 nationalities. 4 players are at 6-8chem but does it really matter to me? The answer is no. Unless your a pro and fut is how you make your living then you are trying way too hard in a game that’s SUPPOSED to be about having fun.

Nothing more satisfying than making a formation changer first half rage quit.
  • number7rocky
    6893 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Early in the game I did, now I don't need to I've got many icons that it's easy to build a team in my preferred formation, 41212(2) with only Tots Son on 7 chem. 90% of my WL opponents still change. I start Prime Gullit cam and Red Tots De Brunye at RCM, switch them if opponent pauses, so most the time :joy: if not I'll wait until half time etc...
  • Jonboyparker
    6759 posts Big Money Move
    I had a rule. Change if he the opposition pauses it or change at half time.
  • Kyranst
    No, it pains me that people cba to build an effective squad from the break, as that’s the whole point to this game mode. Also, does it really matter that tots Neymar is on 10 chem vs 7? My starting 11 has 6 different leagues and about 8 nationalities. 4 players are at 6-8chem but does it really matter to me? The answer is no. Unless your a pro and fut is how you make your living then you are trying way too hard in a game that’s SUPPOSED to be about having fun.

Nothing more satisfying than making a formation changer first half rage quit.

Exactly like me.
  • Cenzo180
    729 posts Professional
    bberger wrote: »

lol, that's a dead wrong statement. He gets 6.25 chem (only if your squad has 100 chem) and even less if not

I saw a thread where other people said otherwise but I’ll take your word for it mate. In all honesty I could be subbing on TOTY messi and Ronaldo and it wouldn’t make a difference as I am that bad!
  • Kyranst
    bberger wrote: »

I saw a thread where other people said otherwise but I’ll take your word for it mate. In all honesty I could be subbing on TOTY messi and Ronaldo and it wouldn’t make a difference as I am that bad!

Pretty sure EA confirmed that a sub would have a maximum of 6.25/6.5 chemistry depending on the squad chemistry.
  • TSpiers1UK
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    No...but then I’m capable of talking to girls without stuttering and dribbling all over the place
  • Andrux2k
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    only when I face 41212 or 4312, and I switch to 4222
  • Nervous_Nick
    6716 posts Big Money Move
    I never change formation. Sometimes i do a quick switch of players...like dinho starts at ST at 7 chem and i move him to CAM (otherwise he’d play at 4 chem).
  • JED_JD
    1719 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep, change formation and set all my tactics, takes me 20 seconds max to sort it all
  • GoalGiant
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    No I have respect for myself, and I have respect for my opponent. Just wastes everyone’s time for so little benefit
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    Depends on the formation I’m playing against. If at this stage you’re not countering different formations you’re an idiot
  • aceofknaves73
    998 posts Professional
    This might sound weird to most, but the squad / formation i see on the squad screen is how i like it to remain in game. Thats just me though, always been that way since 09!
  • mdizzl3
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    I always pause at the beginning for the full 30 seconds to create a little emotion for the match. I usually then get a good spanking
  • Boysie91
    13401 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely not!