EA'S Experiment with Card Weights.

Card weights are a big issue for EA atm.

They obviously are having issues creating the right balance of card weights with these TOTS and are underestimating the effect of it on the market.

TOTS MC and BPL were the high cardweights in the sense that so many 88+ TOTS were packed, they have been lowered so they sell and some are practically being given away...

Then now you have the BBVA, biggest league for the high rated players and look at Dani Alves, going for 1m on PS. Thats 2 TOTS Diego Costa's for a RB who's extinct.

People thought the bundesliga was bad as they had to wait for Muller & KDB to appear but still there were hundreds on the market.
Ricardo Rodriguez was packed loads in comparison to Alves.

Now card weight is low, hoarders/traders are swarming on all the players to make a quick buck on when EA sing to their tune.

Basically. There will never be no middle ground in FUT. They can try and get players selling between their ranges, but until supply meets demand, that will never happen.
But EA are also scared of a TOTS MC situation where there is so many cards not selling, because that's 10x worse

And then you have a TOTY Kroos situation when a card is unsellable at 800k min, but their range drops to 500k-800k and the same player goes extinct.

TL;DR - The more this goes on, the less of a clue EA look like they have and all this chat about Fifa 16 being 'better' because of ranges is all a pipedream.

Comments

• AFWard
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    You have to remember there are a lot of coins floating around at the moment so hoarders can afford to buy up all the players.
    In 16, there will hopefully be no illegal coins so people will not be able to mass hoard.

The problem was never going to go away in 15 with ranges, it was a test to see if it could work in 16 and in my opinion, despite being against ranges initially, I think in 16 it should work well as long as EA can stop millions of illegal coins entering the game from the start.
  • iD33J91
    6389 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah it's a tough one to work out. There's negatives for too many and too few cards on the market, and card weights really haven't been worked out properly yet. That being said, EA need to up card weights right now....

Better to have more cards on the market than too few
  • TheMighyBee
    647 posts Sunday League Hero
    Most of the BBVA players are 88+, that's why they are so hard to pack. Getting nif Neymar, Ramos, Suarez and Alves is hard enough before this TOTS. Packing Messi or Ronaldo is like winning the lottery!
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    Most of the BBVA players are 88+, that's why they are so hard to pack. Getting nif Neymar, Ramos, Suarez and Alves is hard enough before this TOTS. Packing Messi or Ronaldo is like winning the lottery!
    No, the card weight is really really low, compared to BPL/Bundes TOTS. Hazard, Robben, Aguero, Lewan, De Bruyne were also very high rated, but they were pulled a lot.

You literally get 0 players over discard when you open like 500k-1mil worth of packs this week. Insane
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move

But Muller and Lewa are 94 rated for 400-500k, Alves is 89 and he's 1m. With LB/RB being the least important positions in the game it only further proves that his price is ridiculous.
  • AFWard wrote: »
    You have to remember there are a lot of coins floating around at the moment so hoarders can afford to buy up all the players.
    In 16, there will hopefully be no illegal coins so people will not be able to mass hoard.

The problem was never going to go away in 15 with ranges, it was a test to see if it could work in 16 and in my opinion, despite being against ranges initially, I think in 16 it should work well as long as EA can stop millions of illegal coins entering the game from the start.

Solid points really, but again. People will look to gain coins however possible. And hoarding is a very reputable way to make profit even in a low coin market. The main issue really is whether they stop people generating coins out of nowhere etc as that's the main cause for price fluctuations more recently imho.
  • schwarzgelben
    896 posts An Exciting Prospect
    TL;DR - The more this goes on, the less of a clue EA look like they have and all this chat about Fifa 16 being 'better' because of ranges is all a pipedream.

EA fail to understand that players selling on one end of the price range or the other actually affects whether people will buy a player or not. When you can see the end of the line but the line doesn't move, you stop participating in the market. Players near their minimum might be market valued around that spot, but panic is created out of fear of a price range adjustment and nobody winds up buying. Now the card is unsellable. Similarly if a player is at the high end of their range false demand is created from investors buying hoping for an increase.

Price ranges are a self-fulfilling prophecy. Their only natural end game is a situation where players cannot be sold or cannot be bought.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    "They can try and get players selling between their ranges, but until supply meets demand, that will never happen."

On playstation some of the players, like Muller, aubameyang, De bruyne and others were actually selling between their bands for most of the week.
  • AFWard
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    AFWard wrote: »

Solid points really, but again. People will look to gain coins however possible. And hoarding is a very reputable way to make profit even in a low coin market. The main issue really is whether they stop people generating coins out of nowhere etc as that's the main cause for price fluctuations more recently imho.

Agreed, but hoarding in 16 should be difficult because everyone starts with 0 coins, so as long as EA can stop illegal coins entering the game I think hoarding will be less of an issue.
    I think we are saying the same thing in different ways, the only way ranges will work in 16 is if people have to generate coins legitimately through playing and trading
  • Antiversum
    5885 posts Big Money Move
    They have to raise aagin so the next bunch of hoarders will sell for profit who missed it first time.
  • AFWard
    916 posts Semi-Pro

EA fail to understand that players selling on one end of the price range or the other actually affects whether people will buy a player or not. When you can see the end of the line but the line doesn't move, you stop participating in the market. Players near their minimum might be market valued around that spot, but panic is created out of fear of a price range adjustment and nobody winds up buying. Now the card is unsellable. Similarly if a player is at the high end of their range false demand is created from investors buying hoping for an increase.

Price ranges are a self-fulfilling prophecy. Their only natural end game is a situation where players cannot be sold or cannot be bought.

Again, I think this has been brought about because people expect EA to drop or increase the ranges regularly which causes hoarding and a stagnant market.
    In 16, if the ranges are set to a sensible amount EA shouldn't need to change them on a regular basis (and IMO shouldn't change them regularly) thereby putting confidence back in the market.
  • Shocksqt
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    Caps are the issue full stop.

If they weren't there then these cards would be on the market all the time giving people the option if they want to buy or not.

I understand EA had to do something about the amount of coins floating around on the market, but instead of tackling the issue directly (Coin glitch) they have made the market hard for people to buy the cards.

People can blame hoarders all they want but they are taking control of a volatile market well.

For example, I flipped 2 TOTS boatengs today for 1mill when i bought them both on wednesday for 730k each because i noticed the market was beginning to thin out on the bundes TOTS.

Easy 500k profit

This will happen soon to BPL cards aswell
  • AFWard
    916 posts Semi-Pro
    Shocksqt wrote: »

If they weren't there then these cards would be on the market all the time giving people the option if they want to buy or not.

I understand EA had to do something about the amount of coins floating around on the market, but instead of tackling the issue directly (Coin glitch) they have made the market hard for people to buy the cards.

People can blame hoarders all they want but they are taking control of a volatile market well.

For example, I flipped 2 TOTS boatengs today for 1mill when i bought them both on wednesday for 730k each because i noticed the market was beginning to thin out on the bundes TOTS.

Easy 500k profit

I don't blame hoarders at all, before caps I traded up to 8million which in its way is a form of small scale hoarding.
    My point is that you wouldn't be able to afford to hoard players in 16 if the only way you can generate coins is playing and trading (normally).
    I reiterate that EA shouldn't be regularly changing ranges in 16.
  • Shocksqt
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shocksqt wrote: »

Easy 500k profit

I don't blame hoarders at all, before caps I traded up to 8million which in its way is a form of small scale hoarding.
    My point is that you wouldn't be able to afford to hoard players in 16 if the only way you can generate coins is playing and trading (normally).
    I reiterate that EA shouldn't be regularly changing ranges in 16.

This isnt necessarily correct,

I normally trade with Cheap NIF's around 3-5k price range and can easily make around 300k per week with more at the weekend.

These new tournies every week seem to eb an ongoing thing and could continue into 16 which is another hugely profitable way to make coins.

Put effort into trading and you can make 1mill per week on NIF's.

I started with 0 and was up to 6mill recently and didnt really get into IF trading when it was popular because i started the game late.

This WILL still be here in 16.

Infact i think it will be worse.
  • Smudge
    4999 posts Big Money Move
    I don't really know why they keep raising the maximum caps on near-extinct / completely extinct players by little amounts, if they raise it by a large amount this will cause a lot of people to list, then eventually the true value will be reached or they can narrow it down much further.
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think the big problem is that they raised the card weights but kept the price ranges high. If you're going to be introducing alot of players in the market, it's obvious that you have to lower his price. But no, they made sure alot of players were packed and gave high price ranges. That sounds obvious to me, it baffles me how noone at EA is able to see that. and tbf, the notion of minimum ranges has always made no sense to me. If there weren't minimum ranges none of this would be a problem. Players would eventually stabilize at a lower value, and at least they would sell.
  • schwarzgelben
    In 16, if the ranges are set to a sensible amount EA shouldn't need to change them on a regular basis (and IMO shouldn't change them regularly) thereby putting confidence back in the market.

In order to set ranges to a reasonable amount to leave for a long time, they need to be set very wide. Early in the title, when players like Koscielny were selling for between 10-20k, market movement happens quickly based on one good TOTW or even a good pack offering. It's just not feasible to accomplish both their "goal" of restricting coin movement and not have price ranges cause the binary can't sell/can't buy effect.

Right up through TOTY is usually the most fun time of the year for the market. It won't be next year.

• schwarzgelben
    Smudge wrote: »
    I don't really know why they keep raising the maximum caps on near-extinct / completely extinct players by little amounts, if they raise it by a large amount this will cause a lot of people to list, then eventually the true value will be reached or they can narrow it down much further.

Because that involves setting price ranges regularly to keep up with heavy fluctuations, which EA has already clearly demonstrated they're incapable of doing. And I get that, because that's a lot of cards and a lot of manual labor. The reasonable thing would be to spend their time on patching exploits and let the people best at determining market value(the players) do what they do best rather than trying to do it for us.
  • TheMighyBee
    647 posts Sunday League Hero
    No, the card weight is really really low, compared to BPL/Bundes TOTS. Hazard, Robben, Aguero, Lewan, De Bruyne were also very high rated, but they were pulled a lot.

You literally get 0 players over discard when you open like 500k-1mil worth of packs this week. Insane

It will be interesting to see what happens come monday\tuesday. If the market is still empty they may well increase the card weight. Hazard and Aguero were extinct at this point during the BPL TOTS,
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I really liked their way of handling MC TOTS and BPL. Just high cardweights, lower prices. More packs being opened because of higher cardweights. I had a ton of TOTS players packed during that time and I kept opening and opening cause it was FUN. Ever since Bundesliga I tried it then gave up and I barely touched fifa.
  • ContraCode64
    3474 posts National Call-Up
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    I really liked their way of handling MC TOTS and BPL. Just high cardweights, lower prices. More packs being opened because of higher cardweights. I had a ton of TOTS players packed during that time and I kept opening and opening cause it was FUN. Ever since Bundesliga I tried it then gave up and I barely touched fifa.

Same. Whilst packing a high-value player and not being able to cash in on it is frustrating, it's far less frustrating than opening pack after pack and being given nothing of worth in return or developing RSI from spamming the market to find an extinct card.

EA are really sucking the fun and life out of TOTS this year.