Players slow to react

Ishouldbe@work
111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
What am I doing wrong? I pass the ball and player receiving stands there and will not move for like what feels forever,opposite team takes corner,the ball headed out to my player and again there whole team is behind the ball by time my player has adjusted,player trigger run and again no one moves until it to late.

I am not the greatest player,more losses than wins but I don't care I just want my players to do what I my fingers are telling them to.
I manual player swap 4321 possession play.
Can anyone help
thanx in advance.

Comments

• RycoGFX
    752 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I get the same thing, pretty sure its server lag. Pisses me off when my players just let the ball hit them or watch it go past there feet...
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you abuse high pressure, your players will react super fast but if you play fairly then players can reack really slow at times.
  • ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2015
    You need to put more weight on the pass if that happens of switch to the player receiving the ball and run forward.

Lag messes up your timing when defending and passing.
  • Ishouldbe@work
    I play loads of people that use hi pressure,and I pretty sure they got attribute cards on most there team,they run around like Usain Bolt,1st to ball can never catch them and they intercept anything,hacks me off.
  • leon1309
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    I have had it for a few days now and it is also in offline games..so it must be something on EAs servers end. I tried all of the supposed cures (new squad, etc.), but to no avail and it is noticable on players with high agility as on the players with low...

I pass the ball and the player recives it, but now refuses to move for a while; I do a skill with the player, would be through on goal, he does not move again; and the player switching seems to be even more messed up as usual...i mean if i have to press switch 5 times or more to get to the player i want (analog stick flick has the same result) something is clearly off with the game...again..

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    leon1309 wrote: »
    I have had it for a few days now and it is also in offline games..so it must be something on EAs servers end. I tried all of the supposed cures (new squad, etc.), but to no avail and it is noticable on players with high agility as on the players with low...

I pass the ball and the player recives it, but now refuses to move for a while; I do a skill with the player, would be through on goal, he does not move again; and the player switching seems to be even more messed up as usual...i mean if i have to press switch 5 times or more to get to the player i want (analog stick flick has the same result) something is clearly off with the game...again..
    its not the servers, its the gameplay.

• RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also, it works the same way in normal seasons with with any team for example wigan
  • Ishouldbe@work
    Looks like I will have to just keep playing and hope I and the game play improve.
  • leon1309
    edited June 2015
    Thing is it played fine for me durring most of the bundes liga period, but now i struggle to even play a decent offline game (my GK would let in the stupidest of shots, AIs GK would save 14, just as example, should have been goals)... it defenitely feels like even offline games as suffering from barely noticable (input) lag...

You would pass the ball to open player, but game does not switch to him, and the ball instead rockets off his heel out of bounds - and that was supposedly controlled pass you did...and the list goes on...
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thing is it played fine for me durring most of the bundes liga period, but now i struggle to even play a decent offline game (my GK would let in the stupidest of shots, AIs GK would save 14, just as example, should have been goals)... it defenitely feels like even offline games as suffering from barely noticable (input) lag...
    There is not lag offline, all you have to do is know how to beat the Ai which is tough of course but once you know you know how to do it, it gets really easy and boring of course even on Legendary.

• presti
    3 posts
    edited June 2015
    This is why i don't understand some of the guys records, due to this reason alone i lose games. I had 16 shots on target and was CLEARLY miles above my opponents skill lvl, he had 4 on target and beat me 2 - 1. I just could not make moves and all of the above posts issues kick in.

I'm a firm believer in the S or H word, if your team is too highly rated then you lose to a sheet team of silver. It is not skill rated anymore - Fifa can not be a competitive game until this is sorted.

EA had a choice with Fifa - Make the worlds best and only competitive football game OR make lots of money. They chose money.

Whats more surprising is that no other company has come out and smashed EA to the heavens with a new title, its crazy really.
  • leon1309
    I did not say it is hard to play against offline AI (if you have a good team), but lately it defenitely feels like there is sort of lag present even in offline games. And i do know there should be no lag in offline games, from what i read...
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did not say it is hard to play against offline AI (if you have a good team), but lately it defenitely feels like there is sort of lag present even in offline games. And i do know there should be no lag in offline games, from what i read...
    Ok fair enough, even though I don't think I've ever felt any offline lag.
  • TheMighyBee
    647 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's the high pressure and aggression that makes your players feel laggy. EA need to remove the negative impact it has on the other team. It shouldn't make my players slower, weaker and less skilled. If they sorted it out along with the fouling it would be the best FIFA yet.
  • RichieDaSavage
    1747 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's the high pressure and aggression that makes your players feel laggy. EA need to remove the negative impact it has on the other team. It shouldn't make my players slower, weaker and less skilled. If they sorted it out along with the fouling it would be the best FIFA yet.

• ContraCode64
    2065 posts Fans' Favourite

Yep, broken game mechanics + the speed of FUT gameplay + any server issues (lag, etc) = a mess.

• Korthan
    2407 posts Fans' Favourite

Yep, broken game mechanics + the speed of FUT gameplay + any server issues (lag, etc) = a mess.

That's it, the magic formula right there. Sometimes the emphasis is on one more than the other two. Agree with the 'negative impact' point too and indeed most of what has been posted.

All we need is for EA to fix it. I'm done raging and posting about it. Either the issue(s) is addressed or it's not. I won't be playing again until it is fixed. That's not a threat, I'm just happier now that I know what has been causing my 'losses' and insane bad 'luck' and I can't put up with it anymore. If EA fix it then great, if not then there's other games. For my part I will try and get better internets... :D

• Keano16
    680 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA lag
  • Vinnie
    1373 posts Play-Off Hero
    It is basically your connexion with your opponent.

Delay.

But I think we can blame the matchmaking which still broke since set last year
  • Fieldtrip
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Korthan wrote: »

That's it, the magic formula right there. Sometimes the emphasis is on one more than the other two. Agree with the 'negative impact' point too and indeed most of what has been posted.

All we need is for EA to fix it. I'm done raging and posting about it. Either the issue(s) is addressed or it's not. I won't be playing again until it is fixed. That's not a threat, I'm just happier now that I know what has been causing my 'losses' and insane bad 'luck' and I can't put up with it anymore. If EA fix it then great, if not then there's other games. For my part I will try and get better internets... :D

what do you mean by better internet?