The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Defending in this game

DefyTheOdds001
233 posts Sunday League Hero
OK need a bit of advice or insight into what everyone else seems to be doing that I am not.

When defending other players seem to be able to predict exactly what my forwards are going to do, can't get past them with skill moves or body feints, it's almost like they have some sort of auto defend on.

However when I defend players seem to skill past my players with ease leaving them for dead.

I don't overdo the button for bringing a ai controlled team mate for cover and don't use high pressure defensive tactics is this what the problem is or am I missing something and there's an easy way to get past these defenders?

Comments

• soulstar
    619 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pass
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    Dude I get exactly the same. When I defend it's like two magnets repelling. When I attack the opponent just bulldozes me.
  • IPedro
    637 posts Semi-Pro
    I jockey skillers and when the time is right I'll stick a foot out don't use the team mate pressure it just brings people out of position on the rare occasions I'll try cut off a pass and use ye 2nd press to close down player with the ball, it's strange 8 games out of 10 I consider myself a decent defender I'll allways have the odd game where I switch off though
  • DefyTheOdds001
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recardo wrote: »
    Dude I get exactly the same. When I defend it's like two magnets repelling. When I attack the opponent just bulldozes me.

glad to know its not just me maybe we will find the answer here from someone.

• v Origin x
    1127 posts Professional
    Hold LT and jockey side to side until you know you can get the ball back and tackle, then commit to it and most of the time you'll get the ball back, be patient and don't go running in unless you know you'll win it back