Best Lone CDM in a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow?

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Given where we are currently in the games life cycle who has been the best CDM for you? With the exception of TOTY Kante of course....... Who do you rate as the best lone CDM?

Looking at the final piece of my team jigsaw, just sold TOTY Modric, he is decent but doesn't warrant what i paid for him, not to mention hes spiked following the removal of the requirements for this WL!

RCM i have TOTS Goretzka and LCM I have TOTS Talisca..... CAM is Prime Gullitt!

My Budget is about 400k though it would be nice to not have to use it all!!

Comments

• Waspy
    Would Allan be an issue (height wise)?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    I use prime rijkaard and he's been immense for me
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Vieira
    Then Allan
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    If you can stretch your budget 88 Vieira.
  • Thorny
    1057 posts Professional
    Vieira then Rijkaard.
  • Waspy
    JamieT96 wrote: »

absolutely straooed @JamieT96 :(

@Thorny Had Rijkaard but he got submitted for Prime Gullit :#

@Advait is his height an issue you think?
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    He don't get much love, but I thought tots casimero was extremely solid
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    Vieira
    Blanc
  • Waspy
    Anyone tried the Desailly CDM card at all?/
  • Amdp9
    2916 posts National Call-Up
    Try 88 Vierra and thank me later, said a good man @Clancy to me. I can’t sell him since CDM with Pace, Physical, Defense and Attack can’t complain and moreover dude is a machine doesn’t get tied. Carried me in WL trust me it will make a difference
  • Supermario911
    1224 posts Professional
    Prime Bakayoko..

Not even trolling, the guy is still a tank even with all the TOTS cards out there
  • Imtnt
    4868 posts Big Money Move
    To be honest something is not right with that formation.. no mater what player you put with no instructions, it should be engine or shadow chem style in order to thrive
  • Woodersinho
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prime Rijkaard is a nightmare to play against.
    I used TOTS Pique though, start him on full chem in a 5ATB formation then move him there, as long you slap any pace boosting chem style he's fantastic. No one gets past him and he's great in the air
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited June 2018
    If you're asking who THE BEST is, it's probably 91 Vieira, but with your budget go and get the 88 version. All the top players use him and with good reason. For the 'perfect' lone CDM you're looking for, you'll need height, WR, pace, strength and stamina - Vieira 88/91 has all of the key attributes, so he'll control the game for you.

There's a lot of good suggestions above for some alternative options that are still elite-tier. Prime Rijkaard and TOTS Fabinho are probably the other 2 elite options who you could consider.

If you are intent on saving coins, you could go for TOTS Gustavo, TOTS Casemiro or TOTS Matic, but they're a small rung down from the guys above
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Waspy wrote: »
    JamieT96 wrote: »

absolutely straooed @JamieT96 :(

@Thorny Had Rijkaard but he got submitted for Prime Gullit :#

@Advait is his height an issue you think?

Not at all... I thought it would be, but I was gladly disproved
  • invictus1
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Allan for me.
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    Allan is the value pick. Gustavo is very good if you prefer someone bigger

It isn't Vieira on a coins basis, he's far too expensive in comparison to the tots cards.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1189 posts Professional
    I use prime rijkaard and he's been immense for me

• Waspy
    Imtnt wrote: »
    To be honest something is not right with that formation.. no mater what player you put with no instructions, it should be engine or shadow chem style in order to thrive

@Imtnt you're absolutely right, it just wasn't functioning for me, at all. Bleeding goals, had my worst losing streak this FIFA if 5 on the bounce (not to mention only 1 goal scored!!!) so went back to my ild fave the 3-5-2.

many many thanks for all your helps gents, as always its hugely appreciated. Tried TOTS Allan, very impressed with him. Great card for a fraction of the price of the likes of TOTY Kante, 88 Viera etc.

Anyone else noticed an increased occurrence of the 'player passing to themselves' issue where they just kick the ball forward after an 'x' pass to nobody and run onto it themselves?
  • keyroy
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best iv used is prime petit
  • DeMolay145
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    use bakayoko and you are golden. FUT 18 is a joke.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12959 posts Has That Special Something
    I said Prime rijkaard earlier and after completing Ndidi yesterday, I can honestly say he would also be great as a lone CDM or paired with someone. Him and rijkaard are controlling the midfield for me
  • fifaplayerbol
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    93 Gustavo is a complete tank, perfect work rates, height, etc, needs a Hunter or a Shadow on him and you are good to go