What will happen to FUT 18 after FIFA 19 is launched?

rajudas
331 posts Sunday League Hero
edited June 2018
I have been playing FUT 18 for a week now, I absolutely love it.
My question is as FIFA 19 is to arrive at September, what will happen to FUT 18 then?
I know that one can carry their FUT 18 coins to FIFA 19 but what if someone don't buy FIFA 19.
I will absolutely want to but not sure at the moment if I could get it, bit too much expensive for me right now.
So, if i stick with FIFA 18, will I be able to play FUT 18 like now?
The online contents like Squad battles, SBC, online divisions etc. will be available or EA will stop FUT 18 service?
Does ultimate team work for FIFA 17 now?

Comments

• IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    You can't carry coins over to 19 and yeah server carries on but I'm not sure about squad battles
  • rajudas
    IDARYL wrote: »
    You can't carry coins over to 19 and yeah server carries on but I'm not sure about squad battles

Ohh, I didn't know that about the coins.
    I hope they continue the good stuffs.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah when the latest release comes out, you start fresh. The only thing which carries over is your catalogue points (for coin boosts etc). If you continue to play 18, you’ll find there’s still a few people who play it but much less. You’ll most likely also find that there’s no more Sbc’s and stuff. The market also goes to hell, there’s only a few of each people so prices are randomn. This stuff tends to happen a few months after the new release as more and more play 19.

You’re more than welcome to enjoy 18 as long as you like, you may just find the quality decreases after the release of 19.
  • rajudas
    GoalGiant wrote: »
    Yeah when the latest release comes out, you start fresh. The only thing which carries over is your catalogue points (for coin boosts etc). If you continue to play 18, you’ll find there’s still a few people who play it but much less. You’ll most likely also find that there’s no more Sbc’s and stuff. The market also goes to hell, there’s only a few of each people so prices are randomn. This stuff tends to happen a few months after the new release as more and more play 19.

You’re more than welcome to enjoy 18 as long as you like, you may just find the quality decreases after the release of 19.

I see it, most of the people will move to FIFA 19 and EA too will not value the old game much with new content because they will focus more on FIFA 19.
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    rajudas wrote: »
    GoalGiant wrote: »

I see it, most of the people will move to FIFA 19 and EA too will not value the old game much with new content because they will focus more on FIFA 19.

Yeah, makes sense as most of the player base will be on Fifa 19. They close down the servers after like 4 years or so, so it’s all relative on players who move or stay on current versions.
  • CR7BRUH
    3870 posts National Call-Up
    I'm staying on 18 (well if I can resist)
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    Nothing carries over except your XP level and you will likely find that the only modes available will be

Seasons ( will be fine and heavily populated all year)
    Draft (nobody will be playing so will have no very little chance of finding an opponent)
    Single matches (you MAY find an opponent but they will be harder to find)

WL is over and I imagine Squad battles will be over too
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    But I hope there will be still people playing the FUT icon mode. I used to play the WC Mode (with actual current WC players back then) years after it came out, like in 2016 and had no problem finding opponents. Would still play it today but EA shut down the servers.
  • This is an ordinary fraud (!!!!) steeling and dishonest practice by EA !!!!!!! Many people were building theirs FUT teams consequently for months, did for example SBC for prime icons , and spending tones of money on FIFA points (real money not your goofy **** coins) - real money that you are now stealing by not allowing to transfer those player cards to newer FIFA !!!!! I do understand your policies regarding coins but If you don’t want the mess with cards - make older ones untraceable- but for God’s sake let people keep their icons or untraceable player cards once they want to switch into fifa19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you’re allowing players to do some **** SBC , earning untraceable version of players if you know perfectly that this became useless next September!!!!!!! You are just a fraud!!!!
  • forearms
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    Whyphy_xy wrote: »
    This is an ordinary fraud (!!!!) steeling and dishonest practice by EA !!!!!!! Many people were building theirs FUT teams consequently for months, did for example SBC for prime icons , and spending tones of money on FIFA points (real money not your goofy **** coins) - real money that you are now stealing by not allowing to transfer those player cards to newer FIFA !!!!! I do understand your policies regarding coins but If you don’t want the mess with cards - make older ones untraceable- but for God’s sake let people keep their icons or untraceable player cards once they want to switch into fifa19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you’re allowing players to do some **** SBC , earning untraceable version of players if you know perfectly that this became useless next September!!!!!!! You are just a fraud!!!!

Ok then
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    CR7BRUH wrote: »
    I'm staying on 18 (well if I can resist)

Im also staying on 18. I will just play an odd few games if im bored. Division 1 seems easy though compared to WL so i expect i will get bored quickly.....time to play other ganes again. Roll on rdr2.
  • Jono6989
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is an ordinary fraud (!!!!) steeling and dishonest practice by EA !!!!!!! Many people were building theirs FUT teams consequently for months, did for example SBC for prime icons , and spending tones of money on FIFA points (real money not your goofy **** coins) - real money that you are now stealing by not allowing to transfer those player cards to newer FIFA !!!!! I do understand your policies regarding coins but If you don’t want the mess with cards - make older ones untraceable- but for God’s sake let people keep their icons or untraceable player cards once they want to switch into fifa19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you’re allowing players to do some **** SBC , earning untraceable version of players if you know perfectly that this became useless next September!!!!!!! You are just a fraud!!!!

Hi welcome to FUT, feel free to enjoy and explore how the game works and has played out since it's very first iteration.
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero

Would be awful if everyone were allowed to transfer their players over.
  • rnmays1
    802 posts Semi-Pro
    That's actually an interesting point about squad battles. There's no reason why it shouldn't continue but they'll probably find a way to stop it
  • Guys, I’m not saying about transferring everything automatically!!!! I’m saying that those FUT teams are build with a huge time, and especially MONEY EFFORT!!! Why EA allowing to buy FIFA points to buy pack to build teams if this will be worthless for 3/4 weeks ... !!!!! I should be able to use the product that I was paying for in 100% for the reasonable period of time - longer than 2 months. How the hell I may use this product if I will loose 75% of opportunities ... this is seriously breaking of the law!!!!! At the end I’m I’m absolutely shocked that ea is ignoring people who payed them tones of money via FIFA points - many people spent more moneys on points then game itself- and they are not so stupid as they pretend and know it... I’m just surprised, and even more disappointed, that they don’t care about all of those ....
  • Whufc
    1334 posts Professional
    I didn’t really like 16 n 17 so was still playing 15 but there wernt many people playing it was always the same people I’d come up against
  • Apparently I was stupid and naive thinking that EA is honest and treat fairly people they are taking money from....
  • LiamSully
    6004 posts Big Money Move
    Apparently I was stupid and naive thinking that EA is honest and treat fairly people they are taking money from....

Yes. Yes, you were
  • Edward220967
    1508 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apparently I was stupid and naive thinking that EA is honest and treat fairly people they are taking money from....

Then don't buy the game/fifa points. I'm not a big fan of EA but I can understand why they won't transfer those things.
  • Idek
    10087 posts Has That Special Something

Is fifa 18 your first fifa?

FUT starts fresh every year, you don't like it then don't buy fifa points
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Guys, I’m not saying about transferring everything automatically!!!! I’m saying that those FUT teams are build with a huge time, and especially MONEY EFFORT!!! Why EA allowing to buy FIFA points to buy pack to build teams if this will be worthless for 3/4 weeks ... !!!!! I should be able to use the product that I was paying for in 100% for the reasonable period of time - longer than 2 months. How the hell I may use this product if I will loose 75% of opportunities ... this is seriously breaking of the law!!!!! At the end I’m I’m absolutely shocked that ea is ignoring people who payed them tones of money via FIFA points - many people spent more moneys on points then game itself- and they are not so stupid as they pretend and know it... I’m just surprised, and even more disappointed, that they don’t care about all of those ....

Do you know any good lawyers?
    Good luck with that
  • Deano2508
    2437 posts Fans' Favourite

You don’t start a new call of duty with your previous rank.
  • But I’m not taking about ranking place or coins at all... everything that I’m talking about are cards like those that we expect stay as they are!! ICONS or special untradeable cards !! I understand the policy if players are during their career, but in this case - In each next version of the game they will stay the same : prime Maldini or Nesta will be the same CB and Yashin will remain dead!! ... with one huge difference : some people spent time and money to get it except this will give EA opportunity to take money twice for the same product.
    Yeah, Idek, this is my first approach to FIFA and I thought continuation is a value in the game. Should be; otherwise it’s unfair for players that participate in FUT longer
  • CosmicDance
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you were allowed to keep all your players they would never sell their next product.

I have also spent a lot of hard earned money on the game, but I understand it's a yearly thing.

It is what it is, EA is a company, not a charity.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Anyway, slightly back on topic after the ramblings.
    From anyone with experience who has stayed on playing the "out of date FIFA", does the new version usually take all the numptys and game mechanics abusers with it? Or are they just as prevalent?
  • CosmicDance
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Anyway, slightly back on topic after the ramblings.
    From anyone with experience who has stayed on playing the "out of date FIFA", does the new version usually take all the numptys and game mechanics abusers with it? Or are they just as prevalent?

Hard question to answer.

I just don't think with all the promos and such they pump into the game that there will be many 18 dwellers.

I've had friends stay on FIFA for two years past it's year and only because they were good at it and there wasn't too much incentive for moving on.

This was FIFA 12 time though, so it's hard to compare.
  • rajudas
    On the main topic, EA have said that all other game modes will be available in FUT 18 only except the Weekend league and Daily knockout tournaments, (2 days ago I got a prompt message from FIFA TEAM while logging into the ultimate team) so squad battles will be available in FUT 18 after FIFA 19 is launched.

Coming to the topic of whether EA should let people carry their players to next FIFA, I don't think it's a good idea because firstly whoever plays FIFA and spending real money knows exactly how it works, so everyone spending money by knowing it, if you know that you will not be playing this game after 4 weeks then why spend money on it?
    Also every fut season starts fresh everyone knows it, however EA could do one thing to reward the users who spend lot of money and time in previous FIFA when they join a new one, EA could just give them in game rewards like some coins, packs etc. depending on their previous FIFA record (time spent and real money spent), this won't affect the market too much and also will make the user feel a bit happier.
  • Idek
    10087 posts Has That Special Something
    You do get some welcome back packs at the start of each fifa
  • Well, the disappointment about not being able to transfer players and/or coins to the next Fifa is understandable. Welcome to the rough world of games.

Why a transfer to the next Fifa can't work
    times shown with two examples:

Variant A) A player is at the beginning of his career, let's take Mbappé. It's running in Fifa 19 with an 87 OVR rating. There are different cards during the season, so he might get an 89 or 90 rating. Great. You could think that in Fifa 20 he will have a 90 or even higher OVR rating. At the end of the season he suffers a cruciate ligament rupture - six months break. Scoring for the coming season = 85 OVR
    Now that I've transferred my old cards, he's still running around at 87 or higher. Competition distortion!

Variant B) A player at the end of his career: Buffon starts with a normal 89 OVR rating in Fifa 18, in Fifa 19 he starts with 89 OVR. Of the cards in Fifa 18 up to a score of 98 OVR are not enough to talk about...

Also here is from the outset clear, the new "Normalo" cards interest nobody more

The system has been trimmed over time to absolute profit maximization, as long as this works there is no need for any publisher to fundamentally change the system.

Only if we, the players, demonstrate through our behaviour that we are not willing to support this business policy will anything change.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator