Cannot stop losing in World cup mode

Tzatziki78
64 posts Park Captain
I am usually a div 1 - 3 player in online seasons mode with a pretty close win / loss ratio, im no pro but I consider myself a good player because I have been playing this game since 1998. I don't know what is going on in world cup mode though. I am losing 18 / 20 games I play , and the majority of the games I lose I can see I'm clearly playing some new comers to the game... The main reason I'm losing is the performance of my players is really terrible. It is such a mismatch most games because how bad my players are playing. I'm on the verge of stopping world cup mode and waiting till people go back to normal mode... Am I only one going through this??

Comments

• No, man.... Same here. World Cup mode is shi..t.
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You have to feed fhose new comers with excitement.Otherwise they will quit fifa .
  • Master110
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    What team are you using?
  • Tzatziki78
    64 posts Park Captain
    Master110 wrote: »
    What team are you using?

Honestly I've tried them all now. They all mess up the same BS, can't run fast, passing is atrocious, shots are tame and they leave acres of space in defence open. I have seen handicapping in FIFA , but not quite as bad as this in world cup mode... Is it cos they wana hook more and more kids onto FIFA by allowing them to beat better opponents?? I have to say yes
  • Master110
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    Tzatziki78 wrote: »
    What team are you using?

Honestly I've tried them all now. They all mess up the same BS, can't run fast, passing is atrocious, shots are tame and they leave acres of space in defence open. I have seen handicapping in FIFA , but not quite as bad as this in world cup mode... Is it cos they wana hook more and more kids onto FIFA by allowing them to beat better opponents?? I have to say yes
    In world cup mode you face anyone. In seasons you face your own skill.

Look at custom tactics screen.
  • Ayman1
    13 posts Ball Boy
    1. Divisions doesnt make you a good player, if you want to know your real worth, you need to play weekend league.

2. Why would you ever quit a mode just because you're bad at playing and lose? You're one of the reasons why developers remove skillgap and make the game easy for everyone involved.

There is a reason you lose.
  • JohnDoe
    10541 posts Has That Special Something
    Ayman1 wrote: »
    1. Divisions doesnt make you a good player, if you want to know your real worth, you need to play weekend league.

2. Why would you ever quit a mode just because you're bad at playing and lose? You're one of the reasons why developers remove skillgap and make the game easy for everyone involved.

If you're a consistent D1 winner, you're a good player, imo.
  • Ayman1
    13 posts Ball Boy
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Not necessarily, because all the true good players doesn't bother wasting their time playing 8 matches to get 15k coins. They're all in weekend league.
  • Master110
    818 posts Semi-Pro

Not necessarily, because all the true good players doesn't bother wasting their time playing 8 matches to get 15k coins. They're all in weekend league.

LMAO no one good plays FUT. PRO players = full manual. Not fully assisted.
  • JohnDoe
    10541 posts Has That Special Something

I face players using loads of red cards nearly every single day in D1.
  • Master110
    818 posts Semi-Pro

I face players using loads of red cards nearly every single day in D1.

Go to your own forum and talk about FUT with the other assisted players.
  • maksi
    6378 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    "pro" means professional, you can only play assisted for money on tournaments

there is no PRO fifa manual players

• Zidane11
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2018
    That is very weird as i could win the cup once with mexico and various times made it to the finals with teams as colombia, switzerland and even the netherlands as a not qualified team??
  • Master110
    818 posts Semi-Pro
    maksi wrote: »
    "pro" means professional, you can only play assisted for money on tournaments

there is no PRO fifa manual players

LMAO that is embarrassing for the game. Its like playing a fightin game for money and mashing one button for a combo.

Fut is to blame for fully assisted only players. Ea know nothing about football. Ping pong assisted passing
  • Madz04uk
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Try using 4231 and no player instructions.
    The game mode is slower, so take your time and disect your opponent.

Try and pick up a few icons through the sbc.

Good luck
  • Korthan
    2392 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 2018
    Me too. My players are always slower to react, turn, control the ball, easily pushed off the ball...now a supposedly regular game mode is the same for me as the 'win packs' special tournaments have been for years - unplayable. FUT World Cup that is.
  • No, man.... Same here. World Cup mode is shi..t.