FIFA players and or points should transfer to FIFA 19!! Do you agree?

chiromike78
57 posts Park Captain
As a suggestion for those that spend thousands of dollars on FIFA points to buy packs and build up their team such as myself. I have spent close to $3K over the course of the year to build up my team only to lose all of that progress when FIFA 19 comes out. I understand that this is a business and EA sports wants to make money but to show appreciation to the consumer I am suggesting that EA lets players who have purchased FIFA points for previous released editions of FIFA soccer to:

1.) Have the choice of keeping up to 11 players of their choice from FIFA 18 to make a team for their new team on FIFA 19.

or

2.) Allow FIFA 18 owners the choice to sell players from FIFA 18 and make a 1 time transfer for a certain amount of those coins (up to 1 million coins) over to FIFA 19.

or

3.) If FIFA 18 owners purchase FIFA 19 they will get bonus packs based off of the amount of FIFA points purchased from FIFA 18. For example (if you have spent over $500 in FIFA points in FIFA 18 you get 5 mega packs, if you have spent over $1000 in FIFA points in FIFA 18 you get 10 Megapacks, and so on and so forth)

or

4.) Listen to one of the suggestions below from FIFA 18 owners other than myself that agree with this.

In conclusion, These are only a few of many possibilities that EA Sports can do in FIFA 19 to make it fair for those that have spent hard earned money and time building up their FIFA 18 teams only to lose it all when they move on to FIFA 19. I'm sure many players that stop playing FIFA because of the inability to transfer coins or players would continue to support FIFA 19 and continue to play it if EA compromises with it's consumers. Hopefully EA sports can see eye to with its consumers and fans and do something to show that they are listening to them. Thank you for reading...from another FIFA fan

Comments

• Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    EA would never give up millions in revenue as a good will gesture...

The way they see it is you spent 3k and you will spend close to or beyond that again.. anyone who spends 3k is addicted to opening packs...

It's all down to you.. no one forces you to buy fifa 19.. why not keep 18 for another year and buy fifa 20?
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    A, you're an idiot for spending 3k on this game (sorry)

B. People like you are big part of problem with the game and why EA runs riot with their DLC hardsell.

C. Players should never carry over to the next game. There is no sense to that idea. Players move club, players retire, players get downgraded, We already have dozens of cards of the same player, why carry their old cards over too.

There is nothing wrong with EAs model of reset and start again. The problem lies in people with zero self control who blow obcene money on a video game. Even though they know the game only has a 12mth life span.
  • Fab
    19704 posts Club Captain
    I'm glad you understand EA is a business, but I do not think you understand the magnitude
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    You will get a 10% discount on the next Fifa title, that is as good as it gets!
  • X111
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Sorry, I think that is a really bad idea. When you spent 3k on the game you knew what was involved. EA know people like you will spend the same amount again next year so why would they try and hinder that.

Also, for players who don't spend any money on the game other than buying it in the first place it is a chance to play online on a level playing field for a little bit without get matched with ridiculous $$$$$ squads.
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    Please no. Well only see gullit and r9 from the beginning :(
  • VagisilFC
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    #gambleresponsibly
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Maybe bring in generations for friendly games but these ideas would only benefit the rich
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Nope. Coins and players would ruin FUT a lot earlier than it gets ruined usually.
  • Gromit
    edited June 2018
    . I'm sure many players that stop playing FIFA because of the inability to transfer coins or players would continue to support FIFA 19 and continue to play it if EA compromises with it's consumers.

Let me fill you in with the truth.

People haven't walked away from FUT because they couldn't carry their teams over.

They've walked away because its gone from a £40 game that you might throw another £50 -£100 fifa points on over the year. And it was a good game with a lot of fun and variety.

To a £79.99 ultimate edition where players are constantly bombarded with promotions for cards of every colour of the rainbow. Where your
    Encouraged to spend at every corner and theres allegations of shady coding designed to encourage these spends. And for all that we end up with a more boring generic game than ever before

We've lost bronzes, we've lost silvers, we've basically lost non rares and we're even starting to lose rare golds as damn near every team is just full of special cards.

People have left because the game is a shady mess, its awful. Lost all its fun and charm and been ruined by greed and stupid people falling for it.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    No.
  • SanderFC
    3249 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018
    1. Player/league license contracts are limited for a certain period (x editions/years), after that they can be extended if both parties agree. For example, the Russian league will be PES exclusive next year so EA will only be able to use that league limited.
    2. Will ruin a big part of FUT (building up your ultimate team)
    3. You get packs based on how much you played the previous edition. Rewarding people for buying FIFA points in the past doesn't make much sense

Be happy they don't give you huge advantages as it will ruin the game. Look at World Cup mode; it is way more interesting for people who started with hardly any coins while there isn't really a reason to still play for people who spent a lot of coins at release.

You won't lose your progress btw, they don't delete your FUT 18 club the day they release FUT 19.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7605 posts League Winner
    I actually think being able to keep one icon and port Them over to 19 would be fair. Not realistic but fair. But it couldn’t work with TOTY, tots or an inform.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    yes everything should transfer over
    EA is so greedy they make you start all over

offer 2 modes one with transfer over and one with start over
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Truthurts wrote: »

Nothing should transfer over. Coming up against full icon teams within the first two minutes will not be fun.
  • Nervous_Nick
    6874 posts Big Money Move
    No thanks. The best time in fifa is the first 2-3 months...when there are no totys, no tots and icons are super expensive.
  • Gromit
    Truthurts wrote: »

Lol yeah great idea.

Kid puts the disc in day 1. Sets off with his 60 chem starter team full of B list prem players and faces a 90+ rated team. ......dont think so.

All these special cards have just ruined everyone and ruined the game. There's no fun anymore. Just 90mph foot tennis with these bloated cards.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Nope, clean slate every year. Starting fresh is half the fun
  • Mmandras
    5932 posts Big Money Move
    No, this is the key idea to start fresh of every season.
  • Purplejacket
    3846 posts National Call-Up
    Gromit wrote: »
    A, you're an idiot for spending 3k on this game (sorry)

B. People like you are big part of problem with the game and why EA runs riot with their DLC hardsell.

C. Players should never carry over to the next game. There is no sense to that idea. Players move club, players retire, players get downgraded, We already have dozens of cards of the same player, why carry their old cards over too.

There is nothing wrong with EAs model of reset and start again. The problem lies in people with zero self control who blow obcene money on a video game. Even though they know the game only has a 12mth life span.
    Its his money, so ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    Is it just me or have been gotten an influx of idiots posting in the past few days who keep pushing ideas that make zero sense from a business point of view?

If that's how it's to be, how about EA pays everyone a couple hundred dollars to play the game? I mean, it's no less realistic than some of the stuff I've been reading
  • Workhorse25
    305 posts Sunday League Hero
    As a suggestion for those that spend thousands of dollars on FIFA points to buy packs and build up their team such as myself. I have spent close to $3K over the course of the year to build up my team only to lose all of that progress when FIFA 19 comes out. I understand that this is a business and EA sports wants to make money but to show appreciation to the consumer I am suggesting that EA lets players who have purchased FIFA points for previous released editions of FIFA soccer to:

1.) Have the choice of keeping up to 11 players of their choice from FIFA 18 to make a team for their new team on FIFA 19.

or

2.) Allow FIFA 18 owners the choice to sell players from FIFA 18 and make a 1 time transfer for a certain amount of those coins (up to 1 million coins) over to FIFA 19.

or

3.) If FIFA 18 owners purchase FIFA 19 they will get bonus packs based off of the amount of FIFA points purchased from FIFA 18. For example (if you have spent over $500 in FIFA points in FIFA 18 you get 5 mega packs, if you have spent over $1000 in FIFA points in FIFA 18 you get 10 Megapacks, and so on and so forth)

or

4.) Listen to one of the suggestions below from FIFA 18 owners other than myself that agree with this.

In conclusion, These are only a few of many possibilities that EA Sports can do in FIFA 19 to make it fair for those that have spent hard earned money and time building up their FIFA 18 teams only to lose it all when they move on to FIFA 19. I'm sure many players that stop playing FIFA because of the inability to transfer coins or players would continue to support FIFA 19 and continue to play it if EA compromises with it's consumers. Hopefully EA sports can see eye to with its consumers and fans and do something to show that they are listening to them. Thank you for reading...from another FIFA fan

Nice try pal
  • xFATAL
    5472 posts Big Money Move
    Terrible idea. Everyone would have "End Game" teams at the start of fut, I would get bored within a month. Nobody forced you to spend 3k on the game, YOU made that choice.
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Terrible idea. Everyone would have "End Game" teams at the start of fut, I would get bored within a month. Nobody forced you to spend 3k on the game, YOU made that choice.

maybe EA could let us carry over items, players, but they should be harder to get overall.. seeing as most have Gullit and everything they want within a year
  • OZero
    7475 posts League Winner
    I think people should be allowed to carry forward one baby icon with rating under 90 and one normal gold player with rating under 86 as an appreciation for his effort in 18. Nothing else. The idea is just to let you have an easier opening.

• Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    EA would never go for that for obvious reasons. And it would probably ruin the game. That said, some better loyalty rewards would be nice. There’s no reason big spenders couldn’t have a few 100k packs waiting for them at the start of Fifa 19.

And who cares how much he’s spent. I’ve spent at least that much. It’s almost like I have some special place wherein I’ve stashed many thousands of dollars and I have the ability to access these dollars instantly whenever I want. It’s either that or magic. One of the two.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    dumb idea
  • TimRUFC
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    Absolutely horrible idea :dizzy:
  • GoalGiant
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would ruin the new game before it even started, everyone would have a team of prime icons within the first day of launch, then what else is the point?
  • Nervous_Nick
    6874 posts Big Money Move
    What about End Game SBCs in september?
    You submit a 90 rated team and you will get a mega pack in fifa19.
    You submit a 91 team and you’ll get a 50k pack in fifa19, and so on....