These SBC Cards future uses?

GoalGiant
1703 posts Play-Off Hero
Looking at the new Sbc’s on main UT, there’s easily around 30 new SBC Cards, some which are useless. They’re too low rated to be SBC fodder, and very unlikely to make people’s first teams, so why was this released?

I personally think they were released for weekly objectives, so it may be like ‘assist 30 goals with Netherland players” which is why we got strootman, and so on for different nations.
I also think we will see more nation Sbc’s, potentially requiring the SBC card. This is plausible as we’ve been given ‘average’ players which could be submitted along other players to get a higher rated player.
Or, I also suspect we will see an SBC very much like futswap, as a lot of people will have substantial amounts of SBC cards, which could be exchanged into a single player, perhaps someone who’s played well in the World Cup.

Thoughts?

Comments

• cube_mine
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    considering how abd stuff like dalbert is, I would assume this
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    cube_mine wrote: »

Yeah, nothings going for Dalbert apart from pace :lol:
  • cube_mine
    GoalGiant wrote: »
    cube_mine wrote: »

Yeah, nothings going for Dalbert apart from pace :lol:

especially as it costs an 85 rated brazil team
  • LukakuMUFC
    1984 posts Fans' Favourite
    They should've put these out at the start of fifa, would be so much more useful
  • cube_mine
    LukakuMUFC wrote: »
    They should've put these out at the start of fifa, would be so much more useful

or around the time of the futswaps
  • iBarçaBoy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    i also think they will be required for other premium sbc's...
    But they have the same design as the league SBC and futswap items so i have more then enough of them...
  • GoalGiant
    1703 posts Play-Off Hero
    iBarçaBoy wrote: »
    i also think they will be required for other premium sbc's...
    But they have the same design as the league SBC and futswap items so i have more then enough of them...
    Yeah, potential end of eras and stuff, might crack on with them all now just in case
  • Hippyboy6
    16883 posts World Class
    I said it on the other thread, it's very unlikely they'll be a requirement for future SBCs (in a FUT swap way) without them stating it to start with. The backlash would be ridiculous if they announce it after & if it was a swap thing, announcing it now would encourage a lot more people to do them so makes no sense not to say.

There will be weekly requirements, so maybe you'd have to use an SBC card.
  • cube_mine
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    I said it on the other thread, it's very unlikely they'll be a requirement for future SBCs (in a FUT swap way) without them stating it to start with. The backlash would be ridiculous if they announce it after & if it was a swap thing, announcing it now would encourage a lot more people to do them so makes no sense not to say.

Im more thinking that sbc cards (inc the ones from league sbc's) will be needed for a player of the match sbc or a eoe sbc
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I have completed Perez because Dep are my fave La Liga team.
    Complete Mourinho because he is useful in a team for chem.
    Rest serve no purpose.
  • Hibee
    12044 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah but there is no time limit. So they could release SBCs that need them and people could still obtain them.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6966 posts Big Money Move
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Rest serve no purpose.

Not lindelof and rashford to complete your full special Man Utd team?
  • Yusuf11
    1837 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hibee wrote: »

Yeah but there is no time limit. So they could release SBCs that need them and people could still obtain them.

This. I remember an SBC that required them last year
  • Andyh60
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    team of them (ignore chem) or say min of 5 with a bit of chem for prime icon will only be slightly worth doing for.
  • Diggy
    13628 posts Has That Special Something
    They seem pointless, maybe they will be needed in the future but as they have no time limit you will be able to do them as required
  • iBarçaBoy
    1567 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yusuf11 wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »

This. I remember an SBC that required them last year

there were multiple sbc's where they where usefull.
    Only reason i keep/done them.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Rest serve no purpose.

Not lindelof and rashford to complete your full special Man Utd team?

Next on the list.... Obviously.
  • MattDaddy V1
    1619 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm guessing they'll probably throw a few score/assist x amount of goals with a festival player tasks into the weekly objectives.

Also it said about squad battles, so maybe they'll want you to use one or two in your squad unless the give one away as a reward like the shirts.

Also they'll probably release futties or 2nd chance SBC's that require x amount of special cards so these are cheaper alternatives to league SBC cards.