OT: Your most anticipated 2018 releases following E3.....

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Very impressed with whats been on show so far lads this year at E3, some incredible looking games coming our way.

For me The Last of us 2 looks a show stopper, Red Dead Redemption 2 will serve to feed my want for a decent online gaming experience instead of the offering of the cancerous FIFA 19 among a handful of others (Fallout 76 looks damn incredible.....)

So for this years upcoming releases what are your most anticipated? I'm going to play through The Last of Us as i never actually managed to finish it (yes.... i'm in disgrace....)

What you saying chaps?

Comments

• M@nt!c
    3262 posts National Call-Up
    Last of us 2, RDR2, Spiderman, that samurai game and maybe The division 2
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Also looking forward to Last of Us 2 and Red Dead. Also really pumped for Elder Scrolls 6.

Not so excited for Fallout but I'll still probably get it.

Smash Bros and the Pokemon Yellow remaster look great for the Switch.

Edit: Forgot about that Cyberpunk game, anything from CD Projekt RED gets me excited.
  • keyroy
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last of us 2 looks unreal
  • Zv1k0
    5859 posts Big Money Move
    I have a thing for WW2 and Battlefield so that's the only game I'm interested in at the moment(already preordered).
    But there's no doubt I'll play The Last of Us 2 one day, probably when it's on sale. As a F1 fan, I'm also interested in that but nothing yet, it's today I think.

I have 0 interest in Fifa right now. :D
  • Waspy
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    I have a thing for WW2 and Battlefield so that's the only game I'm interested in at the moment(already preordered).
    But there's no doubt I'll play The Last of Us 2 one day, probably when it's on sale. As a F1 fan, I'm also interested in that but nothing yet, it's today I think.

I have 0 interest in Fifa right now. :D

I agree 100%. TLoU 2 looks set to steal the show IMO. Incredible visuals as well
  • CeeQue
    10757 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2018
    Fallout 76 and The last of Us 2 look the best for me. Ghost of Tsushima looks crisp and ASC Odessy is a God of War prequel with the ASC name.
  • Waspy
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Fallout 76 and The last of Us 2 look the best for me. Ghost of Tsushima looks crisp and ASC Odessy is a God of War prequel with the ASC name.

missed that one, i'll take a look
  • v4vendetta1978
    2797 posts Fans' Favourite
    Any game that stops me playing this crud
  • Xx_iou_cheesecake_xX
    2678 posts Fans' Favourite
    Smash Ultimate looks class, hoping for a story mode like Brawl had.
    Competitive Smash is hard.
  • A_Snipe
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    The last of us. And red dead. I’m hoping they get me away from fifa. Especially from the week days. And just get my 11 wins weekends
  • swfcfan89
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm intrigued by Death Stranding because it's a Kojima game but I still have no idea what it is. I was pleasantly surprised by Fallout76. The Last of Us 2 looks great as expected. Cyberpunk2077 will be a definite purchase, mainly due to it being CDPR. Ghost of Tsushima looks the part but I'll wait for reviews.

RDR2 wasn't at E3 but that's an obvious purchase.

Even though it'll be a few years before release, The Elder Scrolls VI was the biggest reveal for me.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9962 posts Has That Special Something
    LUL Only interested in BO4 and Fifa19 (though the latter will no doubt be crap), but that was already the case before E3.

Only played about 23% through TLOU, so not really interested in the 2nd game. I just don't get captivated by story games, which is a shame as I'm sure it's a great game.
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    LUL Only interested in BO4 and Fifa19 (though the latter will no doubt be ****), but that was already the case before E3.

Only played about 23% through TLOU, so not really interested in the 2nd game. I just don't get captivated by story games, which is a shame as I'm sure it's a great game.

Yes it is amazing. Gets better every chapter. I was like you also until I played the Mass Effect trilogy. Long time ago though
  • JamieT96
    edited June 2018
    LUL Only interested in BO4 and Fifa19 (though the latter will no doubt be ****), but that was already the case before E3.

Yes it is amazing. Gets better every chapter. I was like you also until I played the Mass Effect trilogy. Long time ago though

So much love.
  • Waspy
    TBH i think the current market is in dire need of a good, engrossing SP game like TLoU2. Struggling to recall anything SP that ive played that was anywhere near as good as TLoU (despite not finishing it). Never played any o the Uncharteds or GoW games which is a shame.

Looking at playing through Resi Evil 7 as of tonight though so hopefully that's enjoyable
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    JamieT96 wrote: »

So much love.

Best games I ever played. Would give away my 15 years of fifa played until now to be able to play Mass effect for the first time again
  • JamieT96
    Waspy wrote: »
    TBH i think the current market is in dire need of a good, engrossing SP game like TLoU2. Struggling to recall anything SP that ive played that was anywhere near as good as TLoU (despite not finishing it). Never played any o the Uncharteds or GoW games which is a shame.

Looking at playing through Resi Evil 7 as of tonight though so hopefully that's enjoyable

Get on the latest GOW, fantastic game.
  • Waspy
    I really enjoyed heavy rain and (this is a huge throwback) Fahrenheit. two incredibly engrossing SP games.
  • Waspy
    edited June 2018
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Get on the latest GOW, fantastic game.

@JamieT96 forgot about it until now really. i'll need to dig out that YouTube recap video!!!
  • aberry1000
    2310 posts Fans' Favourite
    It is going to be an amazing October+ for gaming

COD black ops, battlefield, red dead,

hopefully no time for fifa
  • Orison
    47580 posts FIFA Cover Star

GoW and Detroit: Become Human (story written by David Cage who also wrote Heavy Rain)
  • Waspy
    Orison wrote: »

GoW and Detroit: Become Human (story written by David Cage who also wrote Heavy Rain)

@Orison this has immediately sparked my interest now, thank you for that. Will binge read information on it! Have you played it yourself?
  • Orison

@Orison this has immediately sparked my interest now, thank you for that. Will binge read information on it! Have you played it yourself?

Yeah.

Personally I loved it, the impact your choices have is insane.
  • Waspy

Yeah.

Personally I loved it, the impact your choices have is insane.

im going all in
  • Waspy
    wow.... The new Resi evil 2 remake looks incredible!!! The nostalgia is real!
  • CeeQue

I never understood how people can be chuffed over games that just been remasterd. I meam yeah they look cool but thats it. A couple things here and there but it still is the same game from 02.

Its like the FF VII fanatics waiting for that remaster.
  • JamieT96
    edited June 2018

I never understood how people can be chuffed over games that just been remasterd. I meam yeah they look cool but thats it. A couple things here and there but it still is the same game from 02.

I can't wait for Spyro remastered this year.

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    Ghost of Tsushima looks amazing, that was only a side quest they showcased. Cyberpunk should be quality with CD Projekt Red behind the helm. Kojima is a genius, Death Stranding will be epic.
  • Orison

I mean FFVII will be a completely different game as will be RE2.

Capcom will use a different camera perspective and the RE7 engine so the story might stay the same, but all mechanics and visuals will be completely different.
  • CeeQue
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Ghost of Tsushima looks amazing, that was only a side quest they showcased. Cyberpunk should be quality with CD Projekt Red behind the helm. Kojima is a genius, Death Stranding will be epic.

What Assassins Creed should be doing. Now they just made it ala God of War esq with a GTA wanted level.