The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

NLW squad builder

Advait
14717 posts World Class
Have Pogba and James untradeables and 30-40k to spare

Came up with this
https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5508132

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Bump
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    U want a 40k competitive meta? Or a 40k hipster, but useable squad?
    Looks okayish otherwise
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    krappen07 wrote: »
    U want a 40k competitive meta? Or a 40k hipster, but useable squad?
    Looks okayish otherwise

Hipster :D

Jk anything playable is fine
    Has to be NLW though, of course
  • mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    "NLW"

Did you take, out of sudden a small trip to 2015? :D
  • Manda1997
    1778 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018
    NLW, boy that takes me back
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Bring back class!

• mHazard
    Manda1997 wrote: »
    NLW, boy that takes me back

Yeah, FIFA16 was year when everyone started using EPL in FUT and FIFA17 no one knew what those weird letter combinations stood for, except META. The rest is history. I'm out while I still have little bit of self esteem left.
  • mHazard
    Advait wrote: »
    Bring back class!

It's lost cause, brother. :cry:
  • krappen07
    Never really understood why it was such a thing.. was it for the challenge of it? Or are there just a lot of people playing FIFA with autism?
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    mHazard wrote: »
    Advait wrote: »
    Bring back class!

It's lost cause, brother. :cry:

I've got this #savior
    Never really understood why it was such a thing.. was it for the challenge of it? Or are there just a lot of people playing FIFA with autism?

The former
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks solid. If you're looking to improve it in the future as you earn coins maybe you can get Hazard LM, IF Alonso LB, Umtiti LCB and Ter Stegen in goal.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Soooo at the risk of being ridiculed, what is NLW?
  • Mini_Miudo
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Soooo at the risk of being ridiculed, what is NLW?

No Links Wasted

So each and every player has just the right amount of links to get full chem - no more, no less. Take a look at the team and you'll see what I mean.

For example, Carrasco has a red link, a green link and a yellow link. If you turned that red link into a yellow link, he would still be on full chem but that link would be "wasted" because he does not need it to be on full chem.
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    edited June 2018
    Damn, I didn't even realise NLW was still a thing!

Takes me back to the good old days of my many squad series' on Futhead, back in the FIFA 14/15 days. I really enjoyed building a new squad most days, it was always great to see someone comment about how they really got along with the squad in-game.

Adding to the post above by @Mini_Miudo , a good way to visualise NLW is by counting the number of links a player has. NLW is all about making sure the number of players someone links to is equal to the sum of their chemistry links, where
    - Green links are worth 2
    - Orange links are worth 1
    - Red links are worth 0
    (also note a perfect link - same nation, same club - is worth 3 as well)

If a player links to 3 other players, then they'll need any combination of the above links to equal exactly 3 (no more, no less).

Oh yeah, and on the squad, you can't really do much better for the price. Not sure about the formation but you'll have a tough time getting James and Pogba on full chem (with NLW) in any other formation
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Think I've done it 5k over budget.

Screenshot_20180612-115205.png

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5509637
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    edited June 2018
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Think I've done it 5k over budget.

Screenshot_20180612-115205.png

https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5509637

Cheers mate, that is clever, but Sanchez at RCM in a false nine would fail me too often due to poor shooting
    If only Guarin was still at Inter!
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Looks solid. If you're looking to improve it in the future as you earn coins maybe you can get Hazard LM, IF Alonso LB, Umtiti LCB and Ter Stegen in goal.

Interesting, thanks!
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Damn, I didn't even realise NLW was still a thing!

Takes me back to the good old days of my many squad series' on Futhead, back in the FIFA 14/15 days. I really enjoyed building a new squad most days, it was always great to see someone comment about how they really got along with the squad in-game.

Adding to the post above by @Mini_Miudo , a good way to visualise NLW is by counting the number of links a player has. NLW is all about making sure the number of players someone links to is equal to the sum of their chemistry links, where
    - Green links are worth 2
    - Orange links are worth 1
    - Red links are worth 0
    (also note a perfect link - same nation, same club - is worth 3 as well)

If a player links to 3 other players, then they'll need any combination of the above links to equal exactly 3 (no more, no less).

Oh yeah, and on the squad, you can't really do much better for the price. Not sure about the formation but you'll have a tough time getting James and Pogba on full chem (with NLW) in any other formation

Cheers. Formation isn't an issue, I can perform well with it
  • Team Sam
    2157 posts Fans' Favourite
    Awesome that you're still fighting the good fight.

Here is mine, however it feels like cheating with the introduction of legends...

Screenshot_20180605-134451.jpg
  • Team Sam
    2157 posts Fans' Favourite

Haha, bit of both probably.

I started doing it for the challenge as making hybrids was easier.

It was more common before WL came in and everyone got more desperate to win.

Once you get into it, it's properly addictive and really hard to go back. I've made a few teams this year that aren't NLW, but it still slightly bugs me. If there's an option for NLW with worse players I'll probably still take it!

I also insist on symmetrical card colours. If I have an IF right wing, the left wing also needs upgrading!
  • krappen07
    Team Sam wrote: »

Haha, bit of both probably.

I started doing it for the challenge as making hybrids was easier.

It was more common before WL came in and everyone got more desperate to win.

Once you get into it, it's properly addictive and really hard to go back. I've made a few teams this year that aren't NLW, but it still slightly bugs me. If there's an option for NLW with worse players I'll probably still take it!

I also insist on symmetrical card colours. If I have an IF right wing, the left wing also needs upgrading!

Cool!

• wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Aaah I see. Thanks for the explanation @Mini_Miudo and @Stevie_G
    Looks like too much thinking about for my scatter brain tho thanks!