The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

No park the bus in Fifa 19

1
Sami
208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
According to chuboi on Twitter.

Good decision but lets see if they make people actually defend rather than the AI doing the work.

Comments

  • BeerBelly
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sure buy on day one
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Sami wrote: »
    According to chuboi on Twitter.

    Good decision but lets see if they make people actually defend rather than the AI doing the work.

    Hahaha funniest ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I've read in awhile.
  • VARD67876
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2018
    Not many people actually play PTB, It's the CTs that allow you to sit 7 players deep and narrow, and 3 players really high that exploit the game mechanics
  • Low Ki
    12110 posts Has That Special Something
    VARD67876 wrote: »
    Not many people actually play PTB, It's the CTs that allow you to sit 7 players deep and narrow, and 3 players really high that exploit the game mechanics

    Yep, super low pressure with aggression up to make them sit deep but attack like a swarm of bee's when their opponents have the ball.
  • Warrior
    1777 posts Moderator
    Too gassed for this, played against too many PTB this year :(
  • jonkero
    5897 posts Big Money Move
    Lol its football so you can park the bus for sure
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still not buying
  • Benja190782
    1669 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sami wrote: »
    According to chuboi on Twitter.

    Good decision but lets see if they make people actually defend rather than the AI doing the work.

    Lets see if they make people actually attack rather than the assisted doing all the passing and shooting.
  • deang07
    8350 posts League Winner
    its irrelevent if its still so ai assisted
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Sami wrote: »
    According to chuboi on Twitter.

    Good decision but lets see if they make people actually defend rather than the AI doing the work.

    Lets see if they make people actually attack rather than the assisted doing all the passing and shooting.

    They will for about a month to get people buying the game. Then they'll patch it all and, as someone on the forums said, it'll be FIFA 17.3
  • ZizioGardo
    1435 posts Professional
    deang07 wrote: »
    its irrelevent if its still so ai assisted

    But this is a great thing for the game. PTB should never have been a feature in FIFA to begin with.
    I've wanted EA to remove it from the game ever since they introduced it.


  • ozcs_69
    3772 posts National Call-Up
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Still not buying

    100% not pre ordering , EA took us for joy ride this fifa, not gonna get fooled again
  • deang07
    8350 posts League Winner
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    deang07 wrote: »
    its irrelevent if its still so ai assisted

    But this is a great thing for the game. PTB should never have been a feature in FIFA to begin with.
    I've wanted EA to remove it from the game ever since they introduced it.


    it wont make a diff custom tactics can recreate ptb and worse
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Still not buying

    100% not pre ordering , EA took us for joy ride this fifa, not gonna get fooled again

    Same. I'm waiting until at least Christmas, once they've done the patch to make it like FIFA 17.3. If it's no better than 18 I'm not getting it.
  • ItsWideRight
    928 posts Professional
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    Still not buying

    100% not pre ordering , EA took us for joy ride this fifa, not gonna get fooled again

    Same. I'm waiting until at least Christmas, once they've done the patch to make it like FIFA 17.3. If it's no better than 18 I'm not getting it.

    compared to fifa 18 fifa 17 is one of the best fifa's ever made.
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    The problem is not in parking the bus, it's the help those players get from the AI while defending.
  • silverdale10
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    I take it the AI will still be able to camp 11 players in the final third for 80 miniutes in Squad Battles.
  • FifaSlider
    58 posts Park Captain
    They're masking a symptom but not solving the issue - overpowered AI defending.
  • Mattheos
    1450 posts Professional
    FifaSlider wrote: »
    They're masking a symptom but not solving the issue - overpowered AI defending.

    This. The gameplay this year is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tier. As someone said this years game makes 17 look like one of the best ever made. In terms of handing out colourful cards this year has been pretty good but that 's where it stops.
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite
    Why listen to anything they have to say / show about gameplay? We all know, after week 1 they will patch it and change everything we originally bought the game for, to cater for the 'casual' (Trash) players.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    It will be the best gameplay ever on the demo.
    Followed by a week of it on the actual game followed by 51 weeks of stressful stupid gameplay.
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't care. I was max abuser back in fut 17 with 4321 and ptb+ca and got sick of that, but this fut 18 i am 4231 or 4222 all on default (no CT), and ALWAYS balanced. And i am enjoying that and enjoying results making with that. I do lose some silly games bcs i am open in defense sometimes, but i just don't care.

    Actually, this Fut 18, since i am ALWAYS on balanced and default CT, i saw how team is managed without my control when they suddenly start to press or move back leaving ball to other side etc. So, for me that just doesn't matter, it is all up to game "magic".
  • Joestoe
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Mdx wrote: »
    It will be the best gameplay ever on the demo.
    Followed by a week of it on the actual game followed by 51 weeks of stressful stupid gameplay.

    Yup. I remember the first week of FIFA 18 was some of the most fun times I've had on FIFA, ever. Then, in one patch they completely changed the feel of the game and made it stressful, stupid and almost a carbon copy of FIFA 17. Completely different game compared to the demo.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.

    Yeah I don't mind the PTB tactic, it's more the lack of skill in defending that is required to operate it.
  • mdizzl3
    12417 posts Has That Special Something
    CharlieC wrote: »
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.

    Yeah I don't mind the PTB tactic, it's more the lack of skill in defending that is required to operate it.

    Defending is too easy? Not many games end with low scores though?
  • CharlieC
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.

    Yeah I don't mind the PTB tactic, it's more the lack of skill in defending that is required to operate it.

    Defending is too easy? Not many games end with low scores though?

    If you leave the defenders to do the job and don't even touch the controls it is very hard to get past them on PTB. Its the human element that makes the mistakes. I just want more of that and less AI.
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.

    The problem isn't the fact that it's hard to break down a PTB defense, it should be difficult. The problem is the fact that a perfect driven pass to their striker and first touch 1-2 leads to them being clear through on goal

    It should be incredibly difficult to score if you have your team set to PTB. It's way too easy to find strikers with aimless clearances
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    I hope they don't remove a genuine tactical feature because people don't like trying to break down their opponents team.

    The problem isn't the fact that it's hard to break down a PTB defense, it should be difficult. The problem is the fact that a perfect driven pass to their striker and first touch 1-2 leads to them being clear through on goal

    It should be incredibly difficult to score if you have your team set to PTB. It's way too easy to find strikers with aimless clearances

    This is spot on.
  • RadioShaq
    15612 posts Moderator
    Ptb isn’t even that good. Like others said the real problem is how easy passing and possession is in game. Nerf that and people won’t need to leave 6 defenders back to take on 3 attackers.
Sign In or Register to comment.