Tips to beat squad battles on Ultimate Difficulty for the weekly objective?

alanrudy
1557 posts Play-Off Hero
edited June 2018
It's one thing I haven't done yet. Out of the few times I really gave it a go, a 2-0 or 3-0 loss is my best result and it just seems almost pointless. Beating Legendary 5-0 seems easier. I really do just want to beat them at ultimate once at least....and even though I don't do this against anyone online....I'm dabbing on that AI so hard when I score! Any tips?

Comments

• Futfanatic
    15984 posts World Class
    alanrudy wrote: »
    It's one thing I haven't done yet. Out of the few times I really gave it a go, a 2-0 or 3-0 loss is my best result and it just seems almost pointless. Beating Legendary 5-0 seems easier. I really do just want to beat them at ultimate once at least....and even though I don't do this against anyone online....I'm dabbing on that AI so hard when I score! Any tips?
    What do you get for it?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    best way is to play ultimate where the opp team preferably has low rating and most important low chemistry
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Heal to heal flicks.

Spread the ball wide
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    Wait, you have to win four games on ultimate? Do you get a random tots player or something? Could even 5% of the community manage that?
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    best way is to play ultimate where the opp team preferably has low rating and most important low chemistry
    it has no influence on difficulty, every player is 99 rated on Ultimate

• BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    Wide formations, heel to heel and fake shot. Don’t rush into tackles. Jockey is your friend around the box.
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class
    Libguy wrote: »
    Wait, you have to win four games on ultimate? Do you get a random tots player or something? Could even 5% of the community manage that?

Don't you get an untradeable small prime players pack or some ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Not worth it unless you are just doing it for the challenge of doing it
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    maksi wrote: »
    it has no influence on difficulty, every player is 99 rated on Ultimate

feels easier to me, low chemistry anyway
  • Libguy
    5380 posts Big Money Move
    Idek wrote: »

Don't you get an untradeable small prime players pack or some ****

I didn’t check the objectives today but, yeah, a small prime sounds about right. That’s ridiculous for something that hard. I don’t even know if I’d try it for a random tots player. It’d really have to be some unique kit or unique player before I’d put any effort into that.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    Just played a match got beat 3-2 the CPU only had 3 shots one of them a pen. Apparently they don't make fouls even though they run through your players.
  • VagisilFC
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ultimate diff is basically the last 10 minutes of a legendary/world class game for the whole 90+ minutes.

It would be a great challenge if you had a month to complete it and where rewarded with an Ultimate Pack …

The only thing that I can think of that would be harder, is not conceding in the last 10 minutes in 5 consecutive wins on WC or above
  • Idek
    17630 posts World Class
    They could have even done something like win 10 matches on ultimate difficulty this week and you get an untradeable ultimate pack
  • GoalGiant
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s so difficult, I’ve tried 3 times and been bullied every go. Any specific way to do this?
  • forearms
    6304 posts Big Money Move

NornIron wrote: »
    Just played a match got beat 3-2 the CPU only had 3 shots one of them a pen. Apparently they don't make fouls even though they run through your players.

That's the result of EA "fixing" the red card issue from earlier in the year. Now, the CPU can hack away with impunity. Rather than change the way it plays, they settled for another quick fix.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Idek wrote: »

Don't you get an untradeable small prime players pack or some ****

Yeah, I'm just doing it for the challenge of doing it. I hadn't tried ultimate in a long time so maybe because my team is better now I only lost 2-1 first game, going to try some more today/ this week.
    BMANUTD wrote: »
    Wide formations, heel to heel and fake shot. Don’t rush into tackles. Jockey is your friend around the box.

Thanks. Already incorporate most of those in my game, I think I just need to bring it all together and stay focused because sometimes I'm on auto pilot when I play AI.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    3rd try, I'm up 1-0 in the 87th minute and 5'8 Salah (sandwiched between 6' TOTS Ramos and 6' TOTS Higuain) beats them to a header for the equalizer, lol. I went on to lose 2-1 in et, I'm getting closer though.
  • VARD67876
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've lost i think 2 games on Legendary since before Christmas and i can't be bothered with playing Ultimate.

Like has been said every player gets 99 key stats whether they are a 46 rated bronze or a ToTS along with the game just cheating i could probably do 4 wins but who knows how many attempts so not worth it for the reward.
  • nj10
    2868 posts National Call-Up
    I thought the thing with ultimate difficulty is that all players play like they have 99 stats and 100 team chem no matter what you play against?
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018
    nj10 wrote: »
    I thought the thing with ultimate difficulty is that all players play like they have 99 stats and 100 team chem no matter what you play against?

I think it's just 99 stats and the same chem they started with, not 100% sure though.
  • fresero92
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Go to control settings change the defense to legacy defending that helps a lot. During the second half use fake shoots the defense tend to stay still after a fake shoot or a skill move
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    fresero92 wrote: »
    Go to control settings change the defense to legacy defending that helps a lot. During the second half use fake shoots the defense tend to stay still after a fake shoot or a skill move

Thanks, I didn't want to create bad habits for online, but after the AI went to the camera to celebrate I just might try this, haha.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    99% cannot do this
    I have never won even one on ultimate

completely ridiculous objective
    more trash from ea
  • joehuk
    8208 posts League Winner
    alanrudy wrote: »
    fresero92 wrote: »

Thanks, I didn't want to create bad habits for online, but after the AI went to the camera to celebrate I just might try this, haha.

Lol

For a small prime gold players pack I'm not even going to attempt this crap.

I used ultimate difficulty last year all year won some lost some was a good challenge.

This year it's not even worth the hassle when the AI get boosted to 99 rated such an outrageous move by EA to make it more difficult.

• Numlocked_
    2804 posts Fans' Favourite
    VagisilFC wrote: »
    Ultimate diff is basically the last 10 minutes of a legendary/world class game for the whole 90+ minutes.

It would be a great challenge if you had a month to complete it and where rewarded with an Ultimate Pack …

The only thing that I can think of that would be harder, is not conceding in the last 10 minutes in 5 consecutive wins on WC or above

Spot on! :D I don't think even 1% of the community can handle this challenge. And they give ❤️❤️❤️❤️ rewards to accomplish so it's not worth it
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did it! Won in PKs, TOTS Messi equalizer in 100', TOTS Dybala motm. Kept the online defending, key (for me at least) was patience! Look at possession, I tried to make only secure passes and then slowly, very slowly, build up play. Again, I wasn't doing it for the pack and may not go for all 4, just to beat Ultimate.

14671239_10153988598952469_5498682730439370220_n.jpg
    20180609_232853.jpg
    FIFA_18_FUT_Squad_Battles_In_Menus_12.jpg
  • kraid
    7700 posts League Winner
    It’s really not that hard, won 4 of 4 but then went back to legendary. Unless you’re winning by 5 goals your better of with legendary, was cool to get 3k points for a 5-1 win though.