FIFA Title Update - June 8th

DoonansNDragons
3 posts FIFA Developer
Hey FIFA Fans,

The latest title update for FIFA 18 is now available on XB1 and will be available shortly on PS4. The PC version will be released in the near future.

This update includes the following:

Made the following changes in FIFA World Cup™:
- Added new players to the qualified team's rosters for use in all FIFA World Cup™ modes.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™:
- Added a check to ensure that the player is on the most up to date FIFA World Cup™ rosters after leaving any of the FIFA World Cup™ modes.
- Seeing invalid squads available for selection in FIFA World Cup™ Kick Off when entering into the mode following multiple lead profile changes.
- A crash after repeatedly selecting to restart a match in FIFA World Cup™ Kick Off.

Made the following changes in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team:
- Added the foundation that will allow for the addition of new players to FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team.
- Follow @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter for updates on when new players will be available.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team:
- Backing out of the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team club creation flow, when you had unclaimed items in FIFA Ultimate Team, would result in visual corruption.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Sometimes the chemistry chevrons on Player Items and Chemistry Style Items would incorrectly show full chevrons for all attributes.
- This was a visual issue only.

Addressed the following issues in Online:
- A single player leaving a Pro Clubs Drop-In Match during the pre-match flow will no longer cause the match to end for all players.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 18 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

Comments

• Druski5150
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So you guys are not even going to bother fixing number of substitutes to give us a full bench or adding group stage to Non FUT online WC mode?
  • OptimusFawkes
    59 posts Park Captain
    Don't forget to update Saul and Milinkovic-Savic's face, like you did on FIFA Mobile. They're both generic in the World Cup Mode. And Alisson too - his face is stupid ugly.
  • JohnDoe
    9677 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    hahahaha they used notes to write this:

Just when you think EA couldn’t get any more unprofessional, bam, they hit us with this. Nice. Can I work for EA, please? I’m a really lazy guy, too, I feel like I would fit the bill when it comes to corporate values and vision.
  • RayS
    18108 posts World Class
    edited June 9
    Soooo none of the issues raised by the entire forum community were addressed? ...

Should I be generous and assume these will be addressed in the next title update...?

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/395086/would-you-like-a-place-for-constructive-feedback-on-fut-wc-features-to-improve-fix-updated-answers
  • chris1
    3 posts Ball Boy
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Just when you think EA couldn’t get any more unprofessional, bam, they hit us with this. Nice. Can I work for EA, please? I’m a really lazy guy, too, I feel like I would fit the bill when it comes to corporate values and vision.

I mean this is from the help team social media where many people on there use mobiles to help. Also why does it matter that they used notes? Earlier today Valve contacted a skin website about a law suite through twitter DM's and then made a post about it and I didn't see anyone complain at the time (things might have changed since I seen it). Its a bit stupid saying that its unprofessional to use notes also because its quick and easy. Be happy that they are communicating with the community which we have bee requesting for years. You should thank them not call them out.
  • JohnDoe
    9677 posts League Winner
    edited June 9
    chris1 wrote: »

I mean this is from the help team social media where many people on there use mobiles to help. Also why does it matter that they used notes? Earlier today Valve contacted a skin website about a law suite through twitter DM's and then made a post about it and I didn't see anyone complain at the time (things might have changed since I seen it). Its a bit stupid saying that its unprofessional to use notes also because its quick and easy. Be happy that they are communicating with the community which we have bee requesting for years. You should thank them not call them out.

Thanks for making an account just to say that. Huh, your account is actually 3 years old, but this is your first post. Weird. Anyway, I can tell you’re a fierce EA supporter. Best of luck to you in your endeavors, but I do believe EA shouldn’t communicate like some random Instagram model. It’s easy to type this up as an article on their website. I’m sure EA can afford to have someone do that.

Also, where’s that Valve tweet?
  • HBK1925
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who were the players added? Did they add Paolo Guerrero?
  • chris1
    3 posts Ball Boy

Thanks for making an account just to say that. Huh, your account is actually 3 years old, but this is your first post. Weird. Anyway, I can tell you’re a fierce EA supporter. Best of luck to you in your endeavors, but I do believe EA shouldn’t communicate like some random Instagram model. It’s easy to type this up as an article on their website. I’m sure EA can afford to have someone do that.

I mean I have had an account for years to play EA games.. I just don't care enough for forums. Also the CSGO twitter put out a tweet saying regrading the (I forgot the name of the website) situation and there is a link and the screenshot of the DM is on there.
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 9
    So no multiple squads, no friendly games and no co-op in FUT WC (icon) mode. The things the community wanted the most.

Hopefully we get at least the players which are actually at the World Cup now. Like Reus. Gimme Reus.
  • JohnDoe
    9677 posts League Winner
    edited June 9

I mean I have had an account for years to play EA games.. I just don't care enough for forums. Also the CSGO twitter put out a tweet saying regrading the (I forgot the name of the website) situation and there is a link and the screenshot of the DM is on there.

Just saw it, and it’s a completely different situation. They still used the proper channel to communicate the information to the community, the DM screenshot serves as evidence which validates what they’re communicating. I’ve seen plenty of legal documents which incorporate screenshots of texts as evidence, once again, this is nothing out of the ordinary.

EA’s situation is completely different. Updates aren’t random, it’s not as if some mysterious AI is writing lines of code and randomly uploading updates. They should’ve planned this a heck of a lot better, instead of having yet another update with no IG patch notes, only to then half-**** a tweet and call it a day.

If this is perfectly acceptable, then I sure as heck hope to work for a company like EA one day.
  • chris1
    3 posts Ball Boy

Just saw it, and it’s a completely different situation. They still used the proper channel to communicate the information to the community, the DM screenshot serves as evidence which validates what they’re communicating. I’ve seen plenty of legal documents which incorporate screenshots of texts as evidence, once again, this is nothing out of the ordinary.

EA’s situation is completely different. Updates aren’t random, it’s not as if some mysterious AI is writing lines of code and randomly uploading updates. They should’ve planned this a heck of a lot better, instead of having yet another update with no IG patch notes, only to then half-**** a tweet and call it a day.

If this is perfectly acceptable, then I sure as heck hope to work for a company like EA one day.

At this point I really don't care much but all I want to point out is you said they should have planned out this but I am pretty sure EA Corey (The guy that tells the community almost everything that wont get him fired) said this was an accidental update for xbox users (it might even mention it on the notes screenshot) but because the update was not supposed to be released and it kind of was, they rushed to put this together and last minute probably realised that they have been good with communicating recently and should probably tell people the situation. But I still don't see what is wrong with notes, as long as it gets the job done who cares?
  • JohnDoe
    9677 posts League Winner

At this point I really don't care much but all I want to point out is you said they should have planned out this but I am pretty sure EA Corey (The guy that tells the community almost everything that wont get him fired) said this was an accidental update for xbox users (it might even mention it on the notes screenshot) but because the update was not supposed to be released and it kind of was, they rushed to put this together and last minute probably realised that they have been good with communicating recently and should probably tell people the situation. But I still don't see what is wrong with notes, as long as it gets the job done who cares?

Yeah, I guess you’re right, who cares? Their brand image isn’t great, anyway, it’s not like this will make any sort of difference. If it were great, then sure, I’d say stuff like this could make a difference. But at this point, it’s actually not even bad, compared to most of the stuff they do.
  • Aldo1290
    16 posts Ball Boy
    What time is this update for ps4?
  • Campino
    22063 posts Club Captain
    Since the WC mode I can’t update anything on my Xbox anyway cause it crashes it, I can’t even uninstall fifa
  • Aldo1290
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Never mind they just did
  • Aldo1290
    16 posts Ball Boy
    And STILL NO Paolo Guerrero
  • AdrianYeo
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I updated the Xbox updates, no face update... looks the same as before for normal fut mode..
  • Hulkmodus
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    So no multiple squads, no friendly games and no co-op in FUT WC (icon) mode. The things the community wanted the most.

Hopefully we get at least the players which are actually at the World Cup now. Like Reus. Gimme Reus.

This. Totally agree
  • Slinkylfc24
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 9
    how about you add more teams to this world cup mode already bored with it, they don't have to be licensed, just generic kits thats all, also add a draw to the custom world cup mode rather than us sorting the groups ourselves
  • Lee321
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    Hey FIFA Fans,

The latest title update for FIFA 18 is now available on XB1 and will be available shortly on PS4. The PC version will be released in the near future.

This update includes the following:

Made the following changes in FIFA World Cup™:
    - Added new players to the qualified team's rosters for use in all FIFA World Cup™ modes.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™:
    - Added a check to ensure that the player is on the most up to date FIFA World Cup™ rosters after leaving any of the FIFA World Cup™ modes.
    - Seeing invalid squads available for selection in FIFA World Cup™ Kick Off when entering into the mode following multiple lead profile changes.
    - A crash after repeatedly selecting to restart a match in FIFA World Cup™ Kick Off.

Made the following changes in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team:
    - Added the foundation that will allow for the addition of new players to FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team.
    - Follow @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter for updates on when new players will be available.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team:
    - Backing out of the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team club creation flow, when you had unclaimed items in FIFA Ultimate Team, would result in visual corruption.

Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
    - Sometimes the chemistry chevrons on Player Items and Chemistry Style Items would incorrectly show full chevrons for all attributes.
    - This was a visual issue only.

Addressed the following issues in Online:
    - A single player leaving a Pro Clubs Drop-In Match during the pre-match flow will no longer cause the match to end for all players.

Thanks to those who’ve provided feedback. Throughout the course of the FIFA 18 season we'll provide you with more information and updates if and when they become available.

The FIFA Team

So it’s another useless update then really , I think u should try addressing the real issues u know the ones what’s driving people away
  • WarrenBarton
    2626 posts Fans' Favourite
    I want hairy legs for my virtual pro.
    I’m sick of all these leg shaving wimps.
    Hopefully they just forgot to mention it in the patch notes :| .
  • VagisilFC
    1183 posts Professional
    :o PC not guinea pigs...………….. what next, referee bias removed????
  • Kylez97
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dembélé, Mertens, Lemar, etc, are still generic in other modes following Title Update and latest squads download.
  • eddopoolfc
    237 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Still no multiple squads in WC mode.

What an absolute joke.
This discussion has been closed.