• Hazarddddd
    784 posts Semi-Pro
    Drogba..
  • Fab
    17541 posts World Class
    mertesacker
  • freakjas
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    Some YouTubed that is at the World Cup event tweeted about Raul, his tweet got deleted a few mins later
  • Daveofwales01
    8345 posts League Winner
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    John Barnes or Des walker would be interesting picks among others who did so much for young black players to be accepted in a sport where tolerance is tough to attain.

Please god no.. and I'm a forest fan! If you want to recognise that, viv Anderson is arguably more worthy..

Personally though,I hope there isn't another English player. Not because I've got a problem with England, it's just I'd rather see something different.
    I hope to god there's a whole raft of new icons, but I'm not hopeful. (If we got a good release, similar in number to the legend additions each year, then I'm sure an Englishman amongst those would be acceptable!) hopefully some which pre date the premier league..

His name just wouldn't come to me when I wrote that, hence the among others lol.
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    John Barnes or Des walker would be interesting picks among others who did so much for young black players to be accepted in a sport where tolerance is tough to attain.

Please god no.. and I'm a forest fan! If you want to recognise that, viv Anderson is arguably more worthy..

Personally though,I hope there isn't another English player. Not because I've got a problem with England, it's just I'd rather see something different.
    I hope to god there's a whole raft of new icons, but I'm not hopeful. (If we got a good release, similar in number to the legend additions each year, then I'm sure an Englishman amongst those would be acceptable!) hopefully some which pre date the premier league..

His name just wouldn't come to me when I wrote that, hence the among others lol.

Another forest legend! They've been a bit thin on the ground in recent years!
    I really hope they get it right. Pay attention to the community EA. I beg you!
  • Daveofwales01
    8345 posts League Winner

Had an old mate who was a forest fan, he's been waiting for a hero for a long time now
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up

Had an old mate who was a forest fan, he's been waiting for a hero for a long time now

Most of us gave up waiting for a hero, and started praying for a miracle when Fawzad ran the club into the ground. It's looking much better now though.

In terms of icons, the game deserves names like Baresi, Figo, Stoichkov, Nedved and several others back. It is crying out for new icons like Batistuta, Davids, Thuram or anyone who brings a different skill set to the game. Seedorf to boss midfield, Boban or Savicevic, platini even, pulling the strings in very different ways, each one highly effective.

The current group of Icons just limits the game in so many ways.
  • Daveofwales01
    8345 posts League Winner

Most of us gave up waiting for a hero, and started praying for a miracle when Fawzad ran the club into the ground. It's looking much better now though.

In terms of icons, the game deserves names like Baresi, Figo, Stoichkov, Nedved and several others back. It is crying out for new icons like Batistuta, Davids, Thuram or anyone who brings a different skill set to the game. Seedorf to boss midfield, Boban or Savicevic, platini even, pulling the strings in very different ways, each one highly effective.

The current group of Icons just limits the game in so many ways.

To be honest I'd take a version where the only icon was cantona, even if everyone else had a choice. I just need to use him, don't care if I have a poor team around him and lose every game, just need cantona in my life
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional

Need Ian Rush.
  • Squanch
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited August 2018
    TwoZebras wrote: »
    Batistuta has not been added since I requested him 2 pages ago

Not acceptable!

I'll wait

Still nothing. If they do Batistuta he needs 99 shot power for sure.

Nedved needs to come back.

Plus:
    Baggio
    Totti
    Figo
    Barnes
    Gazza
    Vieri
    Pirlo
    Vidic
    Carvalho
    Ballack
    Kahn (with a trait that makes him randomly argue with his CB on the half way line if his team are losing)

Plus I think (like they have with the NBA actually) EA should do ones for players who are more cult figures than genuine bonafide icons.

Players like:
    Gianluca Vialli
    Zola
    Veron
    Cassano
    Ferrara
  • ChrisLFC
    7035 posts Big Money Move
    Actually surprised EA seemed to get a lot of the desirable Icons in the game.
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    without seeing how anyone plays yet of course, if I go 3atb again I believe my personal endgame CAM/CM trio would be Gullit, Socrates, Ballack. Looking forward to seeing the weak foot ratings on the last two.

Guess I'll be opening a lot of bronze packs again this year.
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Actually surprised EA seemed to get a lot of the desirable Icons in the game.

They got slippy G's stats all wrong though, how can his balance be that high?

IMG_20180914_212520.jpg
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    IMG_20180914_212525.jpg