Comments

• kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    I miss futre
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    I miss futre

Yeah...

EA really spoiled it by slashing so many legends. I don't think I've really gotten over it!
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Batistuta has not been added since I requested him 2 pages ago

Not acceptable!

I'll wait
  • Ofthewelsh
    TwoZebras wrote: »

Not acceptable!

I'll wait

Batistuta.. That would reel me in for next year, I can't deny it.

I keep seeing a heavy bias towards recently retired ex premier league players, which makes me sad. So many better options from across world football, stretching back years.
    Mario Kempis is another Argentinian. Too many Brazilians to mention. There are so many truly iconic players who I'd rather see than some of the usual suspects mentioned.
    I just hope there is a healthy number added this year. 2 or 3 new Iconswill not cut the mustard.
  • TwoZebras
    edited June 2018
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    TwoZebras wrote: »

Not acceptable!

I'll wait

Batistuta.. That would reel me in for next year, I can't deny it.

I keep seeing a heavy bias towards recently retired ex premier league players, which makes me sad. So many better options from across world football, stretching back years.
    Mario Kempis is another Argentinian. Too many Brazilians to mention. There are so many truly iconic players who I'd rather see than some of the usual suspects mentioned.
    I just hope there is a healthy number added this year. 2 or 3 new Iconswill not cut the mustard.

The rights must be bugger to get.

Only reason they'd go for Crespo over Batigol surely

Mexico is another. Hugo Sanchez and Marquez and they go for Hernandez?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    But worrying there doesn’t appear to be an icon addition like last year. Would suggest they don’t have a massive new icon for us.
  • TwoZebras
    They haven't confirmed if this years icons are going to be in 19 either have they? Will suck if R9 is gone
  • Ofthewelsh
    Jesus.. it's worse than I feared.

If there is no significant addition, be it a top tier line up, or multiple usable new icons, then I will be very, very sad
  • Keano
    12920 posts Has That Special Something

If there is no significant addition, be it a top tier line up, or multiple usable new icons, then I will be very, very sad

Same, realistically I just want the return of George best, but with their profits etc you'd expect a few bigger names to be signed up etc. Else this whole rebranding of Icons was for nothing & you may aswell just have kept Jamie Carragher & Gary Neville who were club legends, but by no means football legends outside of their league.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    I just hope they can keep the big boys for 19.

(R9, Gullit, Vieira, Maldini, Dinho, Henry etc.)
  • Ofthewelsh
    The sceptic in me has always suspected that the move from Legends to Icons was nothing more than a cynical move by EA to cut down on image licensing fees. Honestly, removing some of the most beloved cards in the game, and so very many of them, makes no sense until you remind yourself that the are only paying image rights to around 20 players now, compared to around 70 I think? Previously.
    12 months on. I'm still grumpy about it..
  • kfcbucket21
    6075 posts Big Money Move
    The sceptic in me has always suspected that the move from Legends to Icons was nothing more than a cynical move by EA to cut down on image licensing fees. Honestly, removing some of the most beloved cards in the game, and so very many of them, makes no sense until you remind yourself that the are only paying image rights to around 20 players now, compared to around 70 I think? Previously.

And less in packs
  • Keano

Oh aye & the ones like Giggs, Fowler, Neville, Carragher etc that people would only use if a fan of that club they played for etc could've been cut off, but Best for example was a well used/loved player, as were other big ones (he's just mine). So they could've cut the costs without removing usable Icons, as a lot of legends were killed like Scholes who just wasn't worth having as he couldn't play in a game like this like he does irl.
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Anyone but Best
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Santiago wrote: »
    Anyone but Best

What's wrong with Best?
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Shane wrote: »
    Anyone but Best

What's wrong with Best?

IIRC he seems to think being an alcoholic was a choice...
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Anyone but Best

What's wrong with Best?

He isn't the best
  • Keano
    Anyone but Best

What's wrong with Best?

He isn't the best

You arn't Kermit the frog but here we are :trollface:
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Keano wrote: »
    Anyone but Best

What's wrong with Best?

He isn't the best

You arn't Kermit the frog but here we are :trollface:

tenor.gif
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3982 posts National Call-Up
    with icons or very good players from the past there are so many to choose from

garrincha would be nice
    players like john Charles and Stanley Matthews would be a cool addition

the dutch players in the 70s apart from the great man above could all be added

johnny rep
    Robbie rensenbrink
    van der kerkhof twins
    arie haan
    johan neeskens
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    I’m gonna be really disappointed if they don’t add some interesting names. Icons are basically all I care about on this game for the first many many months of the game. Even if it means some of the current ones have to go. Don’t mind some rotation so I don’t use the same players every year.
  • Joestoe
    4708 posts National Call-Up

What is worse than you feared?

Also, more general question; What do you guys think about Cruijff and Gerrard being rumored to be in FIFA 19?

Personally, I never expected Cruijff to be in the game but after he made his appearance in PES, it looks to be slightly more credible. It may be sensible if the family agreed with EA that the costs for the licensing would partially/completely go to the Johan Cruijff Foundation.

It'd be my gamers dream come true to have the true Dutch great in the game. Although the fact that he said he never wanted to be in a video game because he wanted kids to play outdoors instead of on their consoles makes me kinda split in two thoughts.

Anyway, he's by far the most influential person the sport has ever known. Without him, Barcelona wouldn't be the club it is today, said so by many Barca legends. Beside Barca, he changed the game as a whole with his ideas. I'd do anything to have him in my team. A 96-97 rating would be right IMO, as he's truly up there with Pele and Maradona as the all time best players the sport has ever known.
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I still fully expect an announcement of new Icons. Probably only a handful, but definitely expecting some.
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I still fully expect an announcement of new Icons. Probably only a handful, but definitely expecting some.

August.
  • kriaco
    3 posts Ball Boy
    Roberto Mancini
    Cantoná (NECESSAIRE)
    Gianluca Vialli
    Roberto Baggio
    Pantegana Klinsmann
    Beppe Baresi
    Zidane
    Beckham
    Edgar Davids

then, to like more nations players (me too):
    Weah
    Eto'o (when retire)
    Suker
    Savicevic
    Kantchelskis
    Boniek

• Addicksfan
    3245 posts National Call-Up
    Magico Gonzalez would be the icing on the cake and so left field.....c'mon EA
  • Tribute
    1295 posts Professional
    I miss futre

I miss that forumer who was in love with Futre and drew cartoons about him.
  • Daveofwales01
    8346 posts League Winner
    John Barnes or Des walker would be interesting picks among others who did so much for young black players to be accepted in a sport where tolerance is tough to attain.
  • Ofthewelsh
    John Barnes or Des walker would be interesting picks among others who did so much for young black players to be accepted in a sport where tolerance is tough to attain.

Please god no.. and I'm a forest fan! If you want to recognise that, viv Anderson is arguably more worthy..

Personally though,I hope there isn't another English player. Not because I've got a problem with England, it's just I'd rather see something different.
    I hope to god there's a whole raft of new icons, but I'm not hopeful. (If we got a good release, similar in number to the legend additions each year, then I'm sure an Englishman amongst those would be acceptable!) hopefully some which pre date the premier league..
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rivaldo, Romario, Müller, Eusebio or Zico are the ones I'd realistically love to get. Would start a RTG around any of them.