FIFA 19: EXPECTATIONS VS REALITY

the_boss_gurveer
1962 posts Fans' Favourite
Expectations:
Better game play, better AI, no button delay, major changes in career mode, pro clubs, better servers, better pack weight, better GKs, and lot more....

Reality:
more expressions from managers on sidelines, real life ball boys, enhanced sterling's run, new designed menu, new animations for pack openings, very smooth looking demo.... 2 weeks later, one patch and it will be FIFA 17 2.0 all over again.

Comments

• Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not amped. First time in years
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite
    Forced semi-assisted passing and shooting in FUT Seasons and WL
  • Notformeclive
    2799 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopes : Something vaguely resembling football

Expectations: Pinball with a goal instead of a hole
  • RayS
    36971 posts World Cup Winner
    edited June 2018
    My buddy made a sombering prediction that eventually EA will do away with all game modes except for FUT... (kinda like how newest COD released without a campagin for the first time). Even besides the FP income, I would assume FUT is the most played game mode by far...

Sad to think about...
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    RayS wrote: »
    My buddy made a sombering prediction that eventually EA will do away with all game modes except for FUT... (kinda like how newest COD released without a campagin for the first time). Even besides the FP income, I would assume FUT is the most played game mode by far...

Sad to think about...

The newest cod does have a campain though? Lol. But they won't leave out FUT. Whilst people but hundreds of millions worth of points they won't leave it out.
  • Brownian_Motion
    380 posts Sunday League Hero

:D
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Lol. Just need the sounds now.
  • RayS
    36971 posts World Cup Winner
    AFC_95 wrote: »

Sad to think about...

The newest cod does have a campain though? Lol. But they won't leave out FUT. Whilst people but hundreds of millions worth of points they won't leave it out.

Does it? Lol idk that’s what he said...
  • mdizzl3
    12439 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 19 will be the greatest game ever created
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

And this is why everyone thinks you work for EA. Lol. It'll be poop.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Sad to think about...

Does it? Lol idk that’s what he said...

Hahaha yup. It was the first thing I played. Having said that, the campaign was very short.
  • ICUP
    6277 posts Big Money Move
    Expectations: Demo Amazing
    Game on Release: Average
    Game a month after release: FIFA 18
  • Safehands84
    4121 posts National Call-Up
    A game which allows a variety of formations and tactics. Want to just park the bus and spam long balls to some 98 pace striker fine but if your sending them balls with Manolas 9/10 they should be over hit or easily defended. Pace 98 striker shouldn’t be able to finish like Ruud Van Nistelrooy with his 75 finishing. Crossing should be viable if you have a good target man.

I expect a new formation will be OP and everyone will use. Probably 433 because crossing will be broke and Defoe will be out jumping Ramos.

They fix one thing and break another , same every year. I’ll buy for pro clubs and because I’m a gluten for punishment
  • AngryHawk
    334 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just please, please, please stop the "rubber-banding". I don't believe in scripting (where they decide who wins the game before its even played), but I do believe they allow players to get back in the game. I wish they would just take this completely out of any FUT Competitions.

WIsh List:

- No AI Manipulation
    - More Servers with better GEO Matching
    - Get Rid of Chem Styles
    - Better Career Mode (It would be nice if the Journey was a created character and not a random person)
    - GET RID OF R1 DEFENDING
  • Benja190782
    1948 posts Fans' Favourite

Then promise us the semi-assisted passing and shooting in FUT Weekend League and Seasons, please.

We need it so much, please please make it happen. I promise to buy 1000 packs if you do so.

Talk to the team and let us know what they think.

• mdizzl3

Then promise us the semi-assisted passing and shooting in FUT Weekend League and Seasons, please.

We need it so much, please please make it happen. I promise to buy 1000 packs if you do so.

Talk to the team and let us know what they think.

Yeah it's in there buddy, wait for the announcement. ;)
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Expectations:
    Better game play, better AI, no button delay, major changes in career mode, pro clubs, better servers, better pack weight, better GKs, and lot more....

Reality:
    more expressions from managers on sidelines, real life ball boys, enhanced sterling's run, new designed menu, new animations for pack openings, very smooth looking demo.... 2 weeks later, one patch and it will be FIFA 17 2.0 all over again.

Same as the last 2yrs

Every team plays the same, every 82 rated EPL team plays just as well as your TOTS team.

No bronze modes, no silver modes.

Constant promotions, DLC hard sell all year.

Pace pace pace

Chem still not relevant, players play just as well in any position.

Still have spammy stupid moves like driven pass.

Still have sliding tackles with 30ft radius, whilst standing tackles remain hopeless.

1 GK will save everything, the other will parry every rubbish shot into the path of another striker.

Folk will spend 2k on packs and think it was worth it.

I got out at 17, still playing it actually, and it's laughable, why anyone would continue to throw LARGE amounts of money at this game is beyond me. I played with 90+ rated teams for months, I face teams with discard golds and even rubbish loan cards. And even if I win, the game is a struggle from start to finish. There is no logic to the game at all, there is no point in 90+ rated players if some 81 rated player with 70 pace keeps pace, out muscles and passes and shoots just the same.

Awful awful awful franchise, ruined by greed by a company with no interest in making a genuinely good balanced game, they just engineer it to entice people to buy DLC. It's no different to these mobile phone games you buy that limit your experience unless you buy DLC.

It's a sham for sure.

If you've got any sense, buy 19 but don't give in to the DLC, get yourself a modest team and just play.

• maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Expectations:

tenor.gif?itemid=5966953

• Notformeclive
    2799 posts Fans' Favourite

Lol. Just need the sounds now.

May as well finish it off, that and the ball rolling all the way down the sideline and back behind the goal when it goes out for throw-in.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    This was the best fut yet but it’s not a runaway winner. I expect more content and similar gameplay. There’s still months of Fut 18 to play so I haven’t though much about 19 though.
  • Numlocked_
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    TeamRem wrote: »
    This was the best fut yet but it’s not a runaway winner. I expect more content and similar gameplay. There’s still months of Fut 18 to play so I haven’t though much about 19 though.

Do these people actually exist?
  • mdizzl3
    New modes to be brought in: to pack a player you must first qualify for the corresponding level, bronze, silver & gold.

BRONZE - Free to all

SILVER - £40 initial spend on FP and £15/month on points to remain in silver

GOLD - £85 initial spend on points and then £25/month on points to remain in gold mode.

Let's get rid of the riff raff!
  • Sirin
    2527 posts Fans' Favourite
    New modes to be brought in: to pack a player you must first qualify for the corresponding level, bronze, silver & gold.

BRONZE - Free to all

GOLD - £85 initial spend on points and then £25/month on points to remain in gold mode.

Ffs don't give them ideas
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

BRONZE - Free to all

:expressionless:
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7898 posts League Winner

And no matter how bad it is, you won’t change that opinion.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7898 posts League Winner

BRONZE - Free to all

This would be the best thing ever. That way everyone would be on PES and I would have no reason to play fifa.
  • ZizioGardo
    1438 posts Professional

Sad to think about...

I'm pretty sure his buddy is talking about COD Black Ops 4 that is going to come without a campaign.
  • mdizzl3

BRONZE - Free to all

This would be the best thing ever. That way everyone would be on PES and I would have no reason to play fifa.

No one is forcing you now,go and play PES
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Gromit wrote: »
    Expectations:

Reality:

Same as the last 2yrs

Every team plays the same, every 82 rated EPL team plays just as well as your TOTS team.

No bronze modes, no silver modes.

Constant promotions, DLC hard sell all year.

Pace pace pace

Chem still not relevant, players play just as well in any position.

Still have spammy stupid moves like driven pass.

Still have sliding tackles with 30ft radius, whilst standing tackles remain hopeless.

1 GK will save everything, the other will parry every rubbish shot into the path of another striker.

Folk will spend 2k on packs and think it was worth it.

I got out at 17, still playing it actually, and it's laughable, why anyone would continue to throw LARGE amounts of money at this game is beyond me. I played with 90+ rated teams for months, I face teams with discard golds and even rubbish loan cards. And even if I win, the game is a struggle from start to finish. There is no logic to the game at all, there is no point in 90+ rated players if some 81 rated player with 70 pace keeps pace, out muscles and passes and shoots just the same.

Awful awful awful franchise, ruined by greed by a company with no interest in making a genuinely good balanced game, they just engineer it to entice people to buy DLC. It's no different to these mobile phone games you buy that limit your experience unless you buy DLC.

It's a sham for sure.

If you've got any sense, buy 19 but don't give in to the DLC, get yourself a modest team and just play.

Just no. That’s a complete and utter lie. You’re just dead wrong there. I noticed a massive, massive difference after I started using teams filled with TOTS players and the occasional icon. Good players make the game so much easier, it’s not even funny. They even make it so you barely have to think to play well. You can just close your eyes and pass the ball around, or just try to shoot from awkward angles and see the ball fly in the goal in a just as awkward fashion. Worse players can do this, too, but they sure as heck can’t do it consistently.

I’ve said this before, we’d been asking for a FIFA where stats actually mattered for years, and we finally got one this year. Usually, when a player feels worse than expected, you can just take a look at his stats and find weaknesses which explain how he feels IG. The same goes for when a player feels better than expected. Stats do matter quite a lot this year. Minus goalkeepers, I have no idea what’s up with those. Won’t even touch that subject.

Having said that, they have to get rid of the Frostbite engine, as it’s just not a fit for FIFA, completely screws up the physics aspect of the game. That’d be a great start when it comes to improving gameplay. That’s the main issue with UT and FIFA in general at the moment.

Next up, content. I’m not asking for more, and I’m not asking for less, just that EA start listening to their customers, which were highly critical of a few content-related aspects, and rightly so. However, considering that just 2 iterations ago we had no SBC’s or WL, I think we’re doing alright now, those were good additions to the game. EA could also reintroduce the gold, silver and bronze cups, there’s no reason to get rid of those.

Finally, there’s a whole bunch of cosmetic issues which are a result of laziness or just plain dumb negligence, mostly regarding to kits and boots, which they could also fix. Wouldn’t require massive amounts of work, manpower or money, given that a bunch of dudes put together some seriously great mods for PES, which serve to fix similar cosmetic problems.
  • Joestoe
    10581 posts Has That Special Something
    Expectation: Non-stop live content :trollface:
    Reality: Revamped promo's of last year.

It's going to be the same circle all over again. I remember the first week of FIFA 18, it was so fun and dynamic. So EA was like; wait a minute, people are actually enjoying themselves but a small group of casual gamers. Lets introduce...... FIFA 17.2
    That demo became a complete lie if you compare it to the gameplay 1 week after release.