YNWA: Salah and Manes World Cup Journey | Groups A-D results day 2 | Can Salah match Manes hot start

Wyojasond
9982 posts Has That Special Something
edited June 2018
Join me as we follow Liverpool wingers Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane on there World Cup journey. I’ll be taking over both teams and attempting to lead them to glory!

Both teams have some great role players and are in manageable groups, but nothing is for sure in this game and both players will need to be at the top of there game to see us advance. It’s almost time for these two teammates to say goodbye and become competitors. Can they bounce back from the UCL Final defeat and lead there teams to glory? Only time will tell....

(In the event that both teams meet in the tournament, I’ll let my kids pick which team I should be.)

mo1QzJ0.jpg
Post edited by Wyojasond on

Comments

• Wyojasond
    Rpc9QTe.jpg
  • ale1985bg
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck man! If I had to choose one of the two, I'd say I'll root for Senegal though.
  • Ashy
    8742 posts League Winner
    Nice to see you back making a thread pal, graphics are everything looks good, because they are opposite ends of the groups you won't meet unless you both end up in the semi finals not sure if I can see that happening but good luck!
  • Wyojasond
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    Good luck man! If I had to choose one of the two, I'd say I'll root for Senegal though.
    I’d say they have the better chance to make a run. Scary good team when you look at them. String midfield, Mane and Balde on the wings and Koulibaly holding down the defense. GK is only a 71 though so that could haunt them.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Nice to see you back making a thread pal, graphics are everything looks good, because they are opposite ends of the groups you won't meet unless you both end up in the semi finals not sure if I can see that happening but good luck!
    Thanks man. Feels good to be back. Yeah I don’t like either teams chances of making it that far either. Especially since I don’t plan to mess with formations or tactics at all during the games. Hoping they can step up and make a run though. Might be a real short story :D
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Woah! Excited to see this story. Nice graphics, it looks like Salah and Mane got tattoos. :smiley:
    Both are in "easy" groups on paper, but I guess Mane will succeed.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck mate!! Good story.

If I had to pick one of the two teams, I would choose Egypt. They won my heart in that qualifier game.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Good luck though. Both do have good chances to progress in their groups but I would also go for Senegal. Don't know why, just a feeling.
  • Wyojasond
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Woah! Excited to see this story. Nice graphics, it looks like Salah and Mane got tattoos. :smiley:
    Both are in "easy" groups on paper, but I guess Mane will succeed.
    Thanks man. Senegal’s group is probably a bit tougher with Columbia and Poland but I agree they will probably go further.
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck mate!! Good story.

If I had to pick one of the two teams, I would choose Egypt. They won my heart in that qualifier game.
    If there defense can stay solid and Salah finds his form, they could surprise some people.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Good luck though. Both do have good chances to progress in their groups but I would also go for Senegal. Don't know why, just a feeling.
    I think there going to be a real surprise team this year. Lots of talent spread throughout with some great young bench players.
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    Very excited to follow this. It will be interesting to see how these two fair without their Liverpool teammates.
  • Wyojasond
    Stlducks wrote: »
    Very excited to follow this. It will be interesting to see how these two fair without their Liverpool teammates.

Thanks man. My little girl broke her arm the other day so I’m a bit behind on the story but I’m hoping to get it up and running this weekend.
  • Wyojasond
    Otq02WI.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    55fCiBE.jpg
    Russia kicked off the 2018 World Cup in style in front of there local countrymen as they blasted Saudi Arabia for 4 goals. Led by ST Fyodor Smolov, the Russians have placed themselves in a great starting spot. Can they ride this wave of momentum and make the round of 16?

lQSOgx9.jpg
    Uruguay showed off its offensive firepower early, and they showed there defense was ready for whatever Mohamed Salah had up his sleeves as they held on for a 2-1 game that was much closer on paper than it was on the field. After the game Salah had this to say. “It was not a great day for us. We failed at every pass, and our shooting was abysmal. I have to be better, we have to be better if we hope to advance. Im glad I was able to get a late assist, but this was a game we felt we could win. We only have a few days to find ourselves again.”
  • Wyojasond
    Y2QMc6g.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    rCnJ08L.jpg
    Morocco will be happy to celebrate a 1-0 victory over Iran, even though they left a handful of great chances on the field with a very dominant performance. The question will remain though, can they mount enough of a challenge to push Spain and Portugal?

JVB1PQH.jpg
    What was billed as one of the top games of the group stages turned into an absolute snooze fest as neither Spain or Portugal were able to get there footing in a very sloppy game. Both teams will have there chances to make up for this abomination soon though as they will be heavy favorites in there remaining two games.
  • subpop
    Not the best start for Salah's Egypt. Uruguay is a very difficult rival though, probably the toughest of the group. Next game will already be fundamental.

No surprises in the other group.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow didn't expect Russia to smash Saudi Arabia that way. Uruguay proved that they're the favourites and as subpop mentioned already the next game will be decisive already for Egypt.
    Somehow I hope Morocco can tease either Spain or Portugal.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Uruguay are the team everybody expects to qualify its the next two games that will defy Egypts world cup hopes
  • Wyojasond
    subpop wrote: »
    Not the best start for Salah's Egypt. Uruguay is a very difficult rival though, probably the toughest of the group. Next game will already be fundamental.

No surprises in the other group.
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Wow didn't expect Russia to smash Saudi Arabia that way. Uruguay proved that they're the favourites and as subpop mentioned already the next game will be decisive already for Egypt.
    Somehow I hope Morocco can tease either Spain or Portugal.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Uruguay are the team everybody expects to qualify its the next two games that will defy Egypts world cup hopes

The Russia result was a surprise for sure. Uruguay just dominated Egypt. They had like 16 shots, but only put 6 on goal, but they easily should’ve had 2 more goals. I couldn’t do anything with Egypt. There midfield couldn’t even get the ball to Salah.
  • Wyojasond
    FILgg8r.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    5oazc7L.jpg
    Shock the world over as Australia stuns France with a 1-0 victory. Didier Deschamps had this to say about his teams abysmal performance. Pathetic, on all fronts. We had plenty of chances but nothing that could have won us the game. We have a tough road ahead of us now and we are going to need our leaders to step up.”

CnHOqJp.jpg
    A 77’ header from Yousef Poulsen was the only difference between two evenly matched teams as Denmark walked away with a much needed three points. Seen by some analysts as a dark horse contender, they will need to attack more if they hope to make a true run at the Cup.
  • Wyojasond
    FLgmzut.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    81jsaA1.jpg
    Argentina shows there poor qualifying performances are behind them as they crush underdogs Iceland behind Di Maria’s brace. Another strong performance from a South American team has many pundits scrambling to rearrange there brackets.

88jQ9nB.jpg
    Croatia makes a huge statement as they drop Nigeria 4-1. Mateo Kovacic has clubs the world over considering a move as the often benched Real Madrid man shows he deserves first team football on a regular basis.
  • Wyojasond
    tWkh0Gf.jpg
  • Stlducks
    1341 posts Professional
    The Socceroos with the major upset! (though watching France v USA U21, not sure it is an upset..) I think Salah moving to a more central role would be best, anything to get the ball at his feet as often as possible and with options all around him. Teams will be focused on him only which should leave room for others.

Hope your daughter is doing better!
  • subpop
    What a victory for France in the first shocker of the tournament... and it was a the easiest game on paper.

Argentina looked strong in the first game and it's good that Messi finds some help in his teammates.
  • ale1985bg
    318 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2018
    Australia! Yeeeeees! :smiley:
    Sorry to see Egypt lose but hey, Uruguay was always going to be a tough team to face. Especially because they are the only team playing with two goalkeepers in their starting XI.
    You know what I'm talking about. :joy:
  • Ashy
    8742 posts League Winner
    Pretty straight forward results apart from Australia beating one of the favourite France WOW! Not a terrible result to lose to Uruguay, the next two games will be massive for Egypt though, looking forward to Senegal v Poland now
  • Wyojasond
    uvaIzQ6.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    tfKPP8t.jpg
    Phillipe Coutinho shows why he’s one of the worlds best as he powers Brazil to a huge 2-0 victory. With Neymar still looking a bit rusty, the rest of his teammates were able to pick up his slack. Imagine if this team starts clicking on all cylinders.

yVOcPV8.jpg
    A late goal from Dusan Tadic helps Serbia salvage a much needed point as they draw with a high flying Costa Rica team. Keylor Navas took full blame as he failed to collect the ball correctly on that final cross.
  • Wyojasond
    PqtDHWM.jpg