Ea....are you serious

Andyw19_88
469 posts Sunday League Hero
These WC SBCs are by far the worst SBCs ever released.how can someone have 11 of these nations and not already have the player anyway, normally I love a good rant at ea but these have made me laugh at how clueless they really are

Comments

• Darfi02
    3413 posts National Call-Up
    Andyw19_88 wrote: »
    These WC SBCs are by far the worst SBCs ever released.how can someone have 11 of these nations and not already have the player anyway, normally I love a good rant at ea but these have made me laugh at how clueless they really are

Could've done special cards for WC mode as there's no TOTW oh well excellent own goal by EA :D
  • fifaplayerbol
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah they are worthless

the community wants 84+ SBCs not these crap ones
  • fifaplayerbol
    I literally already have two duplicate Lewandowskis and two Rodriguez's :s :s
  • Andyw19_88
    I'd love to see the counter on how many people's done it,to have 11 of those nations you would have to have 95% players on the game
  • Darfi02
    3413 posts National Call-Up
    I literally already have two duplicate Lewandowskis and two Rodriguez's :s :s

Yes most have the players and the requirements mean you'll most likely pack them before you get them if you don't :D
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am really appreciating the new found communication between us and EA but they just haven’t listened this time around.

Seems to me like they’ve gone down the easy route nobody really wanted just so they can say ‘we gave you SBCs’, rather than finding out what we actually wanted. i.e. Use for high rated dupes, better knockout round rewards, play a friend mode, extra squad slots etc. etc.

All the focus is on FIFA 19 as that’s where the money will be made come September. For them is a question of why spend time(=money) producing content when it wont be making them anything in three months.

EA have always had the balance between quality content and making profit skewed largely in the latters favour, never going to change unfortunately.
  • Andyw19_88
    All they had to do was employ someone who actually plays the game.its embarrassing on their behalf
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    All they had to do was employ someone who actually plays the game.its embarrassing on their behalf

THIS. It’s SO obvious every time they release something that they don’t actually play the game. Why can’t they ask some of their ‘game changers’ who literally play the game as a job! Isn’t that what they are there for...
  • Mnark95
    462 posts Sunday League Hero
    They killed FUT and WC mode in one week , impressive :D :D
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    I am really appreciating the new found communication between us and EA but they just haven’t listened this time around.

Seems to me like they’ve gone down the easy route nobody really wanted just so they can say ‘we gave you SBCs’, rather than finding out what we actually wanted. i.e. Use for high rated dupes, better knockout round rewards, play a friend mode, extra squad slots etc. etc.

All the focus is on FIFA 19 as that’s where the money will be made come September. For them is a question of why spend time(=money) producing content when it wont be making them anything in three months.

EA have always had the balance between quality content and making profit skewed largely in the latters favour, never going to change unfortunately.

Well said, truly shocking SBCs. Why would they not run a TOTW, hardly takes that much effort boost 23 players stats and change their card.

Saw someone mention on Twitter that if they're not going to do TOTW then why not just put several old TOTW cards back in packs, maybe ones competing in the WC.

It's just lazy at this stage.
  • Andyw19_88
    Kind of disappointing it could be so much better in the right hands. Could actually make more money aswell
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Kind of disappointing it could be so much better in the right hands. Could actually make more money aswell

I just wish there was some proper competition in football gaming but with EA owning the licenses for everything that's not gonna happen.

• falcon38
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Well said, truly shocking SBCs. Why would they not run a TOTW, hardly takes that much effort boost 23 players stats and change their card.

Saw someone mention on Twitter that if they're not going to do TOTW then why not just put several old TOTW cards back in packs, maybe ones competing in the WC.

I am pretty sure EA will do some types of special TOTW (selected players from all TOTW) eventually. This is just not the time as ppl can't buy fifa points (unless it is just me)
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite

well, you see. There are 29/30 Polish players

Lewandowski is just One of them

that means you could have 29 and still not have him

HTH
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd love to see the counter on how many people's done it,to have 11 of those nations you would have to have 95% players on the game

Nope 38%

• Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    Won’t there be a new one every 48 hours?
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018

I just wish there was some proper competition in football gaming but with EA owning the licenses for everything that's not gonna happen.

From a business point of view you can’t fault them. Any football game without licensing just won’t be successful, EA don’t need to spend their money making a better game - just use their massive financial power to get all the licenses and effectively starve PES so they can’t compete.

If I wanted to beat Usain Bolt in a race it be much easier to break his ankles then work hard enough to be faster than him...
    Post edited by Dannyarmy on
  • Dannyarmy
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dado BL wrote: »

I think the frustration is not that these SBCs shouldn’t be in the game, by all means add more SBCs we don’t have to do them if we don’t want, it’s the issue that lots of us have loads of 85+ duplicates filling the dupe storage and no indication of whether we will ever need to use them!
  • cantonagod
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dado BL wrote: »

I think the frustration is not that these SBCs shouldn’t be in the game, by all means add more SBCs we don’t have to do them if we don’t want, it’s the issue that lots of us have loads of 85+ duplicates filling the dupe storage and no indication of whether we will ever need to use them!

EA know that lots of us have these high end duplicates stacked up, that’s exactly why they did these DBC’s knowing most people would have flushed away Japan, Poland, Colombia and Senegal players in the upgrade SBCs- in the hope we would be foolish enough to buy packs to complete these utter rubbish SBC’s
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    At least an upgraded version of the player would have made some sense. Like 87 Mane instead of the standard 84.
  • Angy
    2724 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2018
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    At least an upgraded version of the player would have made some sense. Like 87 Mane instead of the standard 84.

Do you even understand how the cards work in wc mode? They are all live cards which means they will upgrade automatically during the course of the wc based on their performance....like otws in fut
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    Angy wrote: »

Do you even understand how the cards work in wc mode? They are all live cards which means they will upgrade automatically during the course of the wc

Yes I do.

Did you even read the rest of the thread? It's about how it's ridiculous to swap 11 Senegal players to get Mane because many of us are likely to already own Mane way before we even accumulate 11 Senegal players. I have only 5 Senegal players, Mane is one of them. I have 10 Spanish players, Ramos was the 4th or 5th one I packed. I have only 8 Brazillian players, and I already have Neymar.

So the only reason for the SBC to not come across as a totally lazy attempt by EA to give us meaningless "content" is to actually take some effort to think it through and make the SBC desirable, PLUS solve the ACTUAL problem that players have, which is a build-up of numerous high-rated duplicates.

So if they gave us an 87-rated Mane, for example, it's perfectly fine if it's static. Midway through the tournament, the 84 Mane may overtake the 87, and that's fine. But at least the SBC now has a stronger, more meaningful raison d'etre.
  • Imtnt
    4828 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Wc mode is boring.. so the rest of our broken market Fut..

Cya Fut 19 or Pes 19.. have not decided yet
  • leon1309
    4150 posts National Call-Up

Do you even understand how the cards work in wc mode? They are all live cards which means they will upgrade automatically during the course of the wc

Yes I do.

Did you even read the rest of the thread? It's about how it's ridiculous to swap 11 Senegal players to get Mane because many of us are likely to already own Mane way before we even accumulate 11 Senegal players. I have only 5 Senegal players, Mane is one of them. I have 10 Spanish players, Ramos was the 4th or 5th one I packed. I have only 8 Brazillian players, and I already have Neymar.

So the only reason for the SBC to not come across as a totally lazy attempt by EA to give us meaningless "content" is to actually take some effort to think it through and make the SBC desirable, PLUS solve the ACTUAL problem that players have, which is a build-up of numerous high-rated duplicates.

So if they gave us an 87-rated Mane, for example, it's perfectly fine if it's static. Midway through the tournament, the 84 Mane may overtake the 87, and that's fine. But at least the SBC now has a stronger, more meaningful raison d'etre.

Not all of us have high rated duplicates problem.
  • Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year
    munchie63 wrote: »

HTH

I've 27 Spanish players, still don't have De Gea. The SBC's are a big plus, they allow us to get the elite players.
  • Supermario911
    1223 posts Professional
    SBCs are quite funny haha
  • Angy
    Retro_G wrote: »

HTH

I've 27 Spanish players, still don't have De Gea. The SBC's are a big plus, they allow us to get the elite players.

Same here...I have a Brazilian squad with 95 chem and 80+ rating...but no neymar. I'm actually waiting for that sbc
  • fifaplayerbol

HTH

Same here...I have a Brazilian squad with 95 chem and 80+ rating...but no neymar. I'm actually waiting for that sbc

Youre one of very few.

These SBCs are trash unless you've opened tonnes of packs and got unlucky with your original pulls
  • Angy

HTH

Youre one of very few.

These SBCs are trash unless you've opened tonnes of packs and got unlucky with your original pulls

I agree
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up

TBH @JamieT96 I seen it as the perfect time to re-release the PTG glory cards that 'made the cut' if you will.

Who knows.... maybe we will see a chosen PTG promo Friday but it was wholly disappointing, and to be honest embarrassing for EA. Imagine tweeting out a no TOTW statement, offering up SBCs but knowing they will be trash :D

Can i EA get any further away from their customer base? probably... but not much further.