ICONS VS TOTS'S

alanrudy
1557 posts Play-Off Hero
Stats being equal or even in favor of TOTS's, do you all see Icons>TOTS or vice versa? In my opinion I think it depends which one as I'm sure no player will likely top Gullit/Vieira/Maldini. So my situation right now is I have Sergi Roberto TOTS and his stats and height are slightly better/almost identical to Zanetti Prime which I just completed. Even have a perfect link to Shakira's Pique which gives a lot of squad options, but I'm wondering if it is a mistake to give up Zanetti? Any input/debate is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Icons feel better all round. For me TOTS are numbers which don't mean an awful much but look nice. Icons on the other well not all of them but most feel smoother to play with
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Btw, I've tried them both and both play well, and it is hard to judge because every game can sometimes be different so looking for more opinions. It is weird though that Roberto is supposed to have 92 stamina like Zanetti, but even though I have him stay back while attacking, he is the first player on my team to get gassed.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks @Ha88san ! In this example, do you think you'd go Zanetti or do you think Roberto wouldn't be too much of a difference and better to keep Roberto and submit Zanetti to another icon sbc?
  • The Hierophant
    195 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For me, Icons always stand out. Certainly Team of the Season players represent a significant advance upon base cards and early in-forms, but Icons have a tangible physical edge and once you get up to the elite game-changers like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Gullit, you're dealing with a different class of player.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    alanrudy wrote: »
    Thanks @Ha88san ! In this example, do you think you'd go Zanetti or do you think Roberto wouldn't be too much of a difference and better to keep Roberto and submit Zanetti to another icon ..

My honest answer is I submitted it into the Gullit sbc lol
  • CarlosJr9
    602 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Icons play a lot better imo.
  • izecinho
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Depends on the icon and the TOTS. A prime icon will be better than a low rated TOTS player. But the elite TOTS players are better than most icons. Go for the players you like. I would chose Zanetti over Roberto, because Zanetii i liked very much. Roberto doesnt say much to me, i have no interest in him, even if he had a 96 rating
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018
    Ha88san wrote: »
    My honest answer is I submitted it into the Gullit sbc lol

Haha, thanks for the honesty, we'll see.
  • ProTravo
    10 posts Ball Boy
    Are Gullit and Vieira still the best mid's in game post TOTS?
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for the feedback @CarlosJr9 and @izecinho . That is definitely good advise about the players you like, I do like them both, hmm I may even try to keep them both on different teams; however, that delays my plans for other players/icons, we'll see.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    ProTravo wrote: »
    Are Gullit and Vieira still the best mid's in game post TOTS?

That seems to be the consensus.
  • Carlitouus
    501 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have you seen Rui Costa, Zanetti, Gullit, Maldini on the pitch? Dude they're like Hercules' compared to other players and you can feel it. My baby Maldino, yes baby LB maldini playing at CB has a form and l can always tell it's Maldini defending which will always make me feel comfortable defending not because of skill but because of my confidence when playing with him. Can't say the same about my tots Rabiot who is as big. Though l think it's specific players like TOTS Kroos has low strenghth and low defending but he is just a force physically.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Carlitouus wrote: »
    Have you seen Rui Costa, Zanetti, Gullit, Maldini on the pitch? Dude they're like Hercules' compared to other players and you can feel it. My baby Maldino, yes baby LB maldini playing at CB has a form and l can always tell it's Maldini defending which will always make me feel comfortable defending not because of skill but because of my confidence when playing with him. Can't say the same about my tots Rabiot who is as big. Though l think it's specific players like TOTS Kroos has low strenghth and low defending but he is just a force physically.

Haha, yeah I have Base Maldini too from the base icon upgrade! Had Sandro at LB already and put him at 7chem cb. A lot of teams with top players swear by him at 7 chem cb. I may have to submit him soon though for Gullit/or to work towards Prime Maldini.
  • Woodersinho
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Icons have those special boots that just magnetise the ball, sometimes you'll literally see the ball move in the complete opposite direction that it had been travelling to find an Icon's boot