A Kingdom United

Comments

• Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    VnPP6xT.png

The Sticker Album is up to date.

Plenty of people have dupes now and you can swap these stickers with other users in this thread or you can trade in your unwanted stickers to get other stickers. Swaps can be done at any rate you like, for example you might have a rare sticker and swap it with another user for multiple less rare stickers. If you would like to swap a sticker with another user then both users need to send me a PM confirming the deal. However, don't think you need to stick to PMs for negotiating swaps, why not make someone an offer in the thread so that everyone knows about your proposal, if you're lucky then other users might come back with an even better offer for you.

You can trade in stickers at the following rates:
    • 2 copies of one sticker can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • 2 stickers from one group* can be traded in for a duplicate-protected sticker from that group*
    • 3 stickers from one group* can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • Any 3 stickers can be traded in for a random sticker
    • Any 4 stickers can be traded in for a sticker of your choice

* A Group is classed as each Group Stage Group for nations as well as all Stadiums, the three award stickers and the 3 World Champions stickers.

You can view the sticker album here.
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    Goalkeeperless Wales Surprise Uruguay As England Cruise Past Brazil

Friday 6th July 2018

England and Wales will face each other in a FIFA World Cup Semi Final on Tuesday after the two sides won their respective Quarter Final matches today. England beat Brazil 3-2 whilst Wales defeated Uruguay 1-0 after goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey was sent off.
    Match 57: Uruguay v Wales
    Quarter Final
    HsAyOs0.png

Wales pulled off a big surprise as they defeated Uruguay in the Quarter Finals. Gareth Bale's tenth minute goal was all that separated the teams in a tight match. The move stared with Bale inside his own half as he passed the ball to Sam Vokes with his back to goal forty yards out. The striker turned before playing a through ball back to the winger who was on the overlap. The through ball was perfectly placed to the onrushing Bale. Muslera, the Uruguayan goalkeeper, came out to intercept the pass but Bale managed to slide in ahead of him to lift the ball over his diving body. After seeing the ball loop into the net Bale got up before performing his trademark heart celebration to a pitchside TV camera.

Wales looked much the better team for most of the first hour restricting Uruguay to shots from outside the area. However, the game changed just after the hour mark when Wayne Hennessey saw red for a cynical tackle on Diego Laxalt. The Genoa striker found him through one-on-one with Hennessey and looked certain to score. The Welsh goalkeeper ran out and slid in for the ball. Hennessey mistimed his tackle and missed the ball and took out Laxalt. Wales couldn't complain at the red card which followed. VAR replays showed the tackle was just outside the area and therefore a free kick was awarded not a penalty. Chris Maxwell made a comfortable save seconds after coming on to deny Suarez from the free kick.

Despite only having ten men, Wales managed to absorb the late pressure from Uruguay and held on to a famous 1-0 victory.
    1iJI7ht.png

vsl24ZM.png

Match 58: Brazil v England
    Quarter Final
    PXr5xFZ.png

England produced one of their best performances in recent memory to knock five times champions Brazil out of the World Cup.

Marcus Rashford used his blistering paste to give England the lead ten minutes before the break. The Manchester United man broke through a gap in the Brazilian defence before firing past a helpless Alisson.

Shortly after the break Rashford turned provided as he put Harry Kane through to tuck past Alisson. Just over ten minutes later Kane got his second of the game to send English fans around the world into wonderland. Henderson found the England captain on the edge of the box with a lofted through pass. Kane watched the ball over his shoulder before side foot volleying into the bottom corner of the net.

Brazil were left needing three goals in the last twenty-five minutes to force extra-time and didn't have to wait long to get the first of these goals. Neymar's cross found Fernandinho unmarked at the edge of the six yard box. The Manchester City player had an open goal in front of him but saw his shot cannon back off the cross bar. Lucking for the South Americans, Phillippe Coutinho was the first to react to the ball and the Barcelona player tapped the rebound home from four yards.

With eight minutes left to play Brazil were awarded a controversial penalty. Neymar went to ground after a coming together with Phil Jones in the England box. Neymar's rolling around on the floor was enough to convince the referee to award a penalty and to England's surprise and dismay, the VAR officials did not tell him to review it. Neymar calmly slid home the spot kick to put the 2014 hosts withing a goal of forcing extra time.

England held on to secure their first FIFA World Cup Semi Final for twenty-eight years.
    LqKe1J4.png

4qNRJ1m.png
    Tomorrow's Matches
    N. Ireland v Belgium
    Portugal v Scotland
  • Danimal5981
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    Funny, Brazil drew England in the group stage at my version of the 2018 WC. Can tell you, that it was a very close match too. So far the whole UK has seen it through.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Brazil wouldn't advance in any scenario, that's funny.
    Wales are astounding. We can see a british semifinal, which will be something weird and amazing.

Following my thoughts: Northern Ireland and Scotland win.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Wales and England showing muscle against the top South American teams. In this story, it's coming home for sure.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    England almost threw it away after going 3-0 up in typical England fashion but they managed to hold on until the final whistle
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    Funny, Brazil drew England in the group stage at my version of the 2018 WC. Can tell you, that it was a very close match too. So far the whole UK has seen it through.

Your save seems to be remarkably similar to mine. :joy:

DonGabriel wrote: »
    Brazil wouldn't advance in any scenario, that's funny.
    Wales are astounding. We can see a british semifinal, which will be something weird and amazing.

Following my thoughts: Northern Ireland and Scotland win.

Brazil can't beat anyone at the moment. :wink:

Wales were outstanding but having Hennessey suspended could hurt them. Maxwell is only 71 OVR I think.

subpop wrote: »
    Wales and England showing muscle against the top South American teams. In this story, it's coming home for sure.

I wouldn't right off Belgium or Portugal yet. ;)

JoshDFC wrote: »
    England almost threw it away after going 3-0 up in typical England fashion but they managed to hold on until the final whistle

When I went 3-0 up I did wonder if it'd be another 7-1. :joy:

Managed to hold on in the end but Brazil really stepped it up a gear at 3-0 down. Strange it took three goals for them to start playing.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Great to see Wales winning against Uruguay. Man there would have been some tumults if England would have thrown this game away against Brazil :D

Good to see you updated the stickers. Unfortunately I'm short on time due to exams atm and can't invest too much time about trading etc until the end of the week :(
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Great to see Wales winning against Uruguay. Man there would have been some tumults if England would have thrown this game away against Brazil :D

Good to see you updated the stickers. Unfortunately I'm short on time due to exams atm and can't invest too much time about trading etc until the end of the week :(

I was getting pretty scared for how much you guys would have mocked me if I'd thrown that away. :joy:

Good luck with the exams. The sticker album will still be active next week and I have a few updates planned for after the final. :)
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    Rule Britannia!!!

Saturday 7th July 2018

Northern Ireland and Scotland completed the all British semi final line up after historic wins over two of the world's top sides.
    Match 59: N. Ireland v Belgium
    Quarter Final
    yAhy2Zn.png

Northern Ireland got off to a nightmare start after Belgium raced into a two goal lead half way through the first half. Mertens spotted a gap in the Northern Irish defence to put Carrasco through after just six minutes and the Dalian Yifang winger calmly slotted home. Lukaku got Belgium's second midway through the first half after calamitous defending from Northern Ireland. Kevin De Bruyne saw his long range effort saved by Henderson. Mertens picked up the ball on the left wing and crossed to Lukaku at the back post. The Manchester United striker's header hit the underside of the crossbar before being cleared. However, the referee's watch vibrated to tell him it had crossed the line and the goal was awarded.

Northern Ireland's comeback started just before half time when George Saville completed a brilliant passing move. The equaliser came on the hour mark when Niall McGinn was the final player in an equally good passing move. Northern Ireland were now on top in the match and passing the ball around Belgium for fun. Craig Cathcart put Northern Ireland into the lead with seventeen minutes left with an easy header at the back post. After a corner failed to beat the first man Belgium surged forward in an attempts to play the offside trap. However one defender was too slow and Saville's cross into the box was in time to play Cathcart onside.

Lukaku got his second of the match and drew Belgium level just four minutes later after shoting from the edge of the box to cap off some intricate passing from the Red Devils. The game looked like it was heading into Extra Time until Kyle Lafferty capped of a quick counter attack to score in the second of three added minutes. This sent the Northern Irish fans into delirium as they secured the bigger win in their history.
    qu9kDXo.png

hGNU0sd.png

Match 60: Portugal v Scotland
    Quarter Final
    rGYfs3y.png

Scotland secured their greatest ever results as they knocked European Champions Portugal out of the World Cup. Chris Martin headed James Phillips cross home after five minutes to send the 'Greatest Football Team' into an early lead. Portugal showed how they won the European Championships just over ten minutes later when Cristiano Ronaldo finished off a good passing effort to tap home from four yards.

Chris Martin put Scotland back into the lead midway through the first half as he scored from eight yards. James Phillips played a low cross to Stuart Armstrong at the front post. Armstrong took one touch before passing across goal to Martin in the centre. Rui Particio was never going to save Martin's powerful drive from close range at the Scots celebrated going back into the lead.

Leigh Griffiths secured the Scottish victory on his comeback from an ankle injury sustained in the first match of the tournament. The Celtic striker was first to react after James Phillips' long range efort rebounded off the apex of the crossbar and the post. Griffiths headed into an empty net before wheeling away in celebration.

Scotland will now face Northern Ireland in the semi finals as they hope to reach their first ever World Cup final.
    fqHenon.png

mtUYZnb.png

• Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    All British Affair In World Cup Semi Finals

Sunday 8th July 2018
    epXBiEw.png

A British team will be crowned World Champions next Sunday as all four home nations secured their spot in the last four. Seventeen goals were scored in the four Quarter Final matches.

Neighbours Wales and England will contest the first semi final on Tuesday evening in a repeat of the UEFA Euro 2016 group stage match. On Wednesday Scotland and Northern Ireland will compete to join their Southern neighbours in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final.

Quarter Final Matches
    Wales v England
    Scotland v N. Ireland
  • Danimal5981
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    1. England
    2. Scotland
    3. Wales
    4. N. Ireland
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 2018
    England will win the WC, N. Ireland will be the runer-up, Scotland thrid and Wales fourth.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »
    Good luck with the exams. The sticker album will still be active next week and I have a few updates planned for after the final. :)
    Cheers mate!

Holy :o What a performance by NIR against Belgium. The latter have been clynical in front of goal but scoring 4 against them? Respect. It's really strange to see the all british semi finals :D
    Do you throw a coin on who you're going to play with or do you play half and half each?
    I will also go for England winning the whole thing against Scotland (even though NIR had a sublime game against Belgium), NIR will beat Wales then to finish 3rd.

• subpop
    The British empire is back. Now I guess that the most probable outcome of it is the victory of England with Scotland in the final... my heart is with Northern Ireland!!! B)
  • JoshDFC
    ITS COMING HOME!!!!!
  • JoshDFC
    I think England will win the world cup against Scotland with Wales third and Northern Ireland fourth
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    Thanks for the predictions guys. I'll count them for the final four matches. :)

ASdoZeR wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Cheers mate!

Holy :o What a performance by NIR against Belgium. The latter have been clynical in front of goal but scoring 4 against them? Respect. It's really strange to see the all british semi finals :D
    Do you throw a coin on who you're going to play with or do you play half and half each?
    I will also go for England winning the whole thing against Scotland (even though NIR had a sublime game against Belgium), NIR will beat Wales then to finish 3rd.

It was an easy decision who to play with. I'm English, Welsh and Scottish but having always lived in England I always go for English if I have to pick one.

JoshDFC wrote: »
    ITS COMING HOME!!!!!

Still need to win another two matches first. ;)

• Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    St George Slays The Dragon

Tuesday 10th July 2018

Match 61: Wales v England
    Round of Sixteen
    0aXKoPR.png

England booked their place in their first FIFA World Cup Final since 1966 with a comfortable 2-0 victory over British neighbours Wales.

After a plethora of early chances, England finally broke the deadlock sixteen minutes into the match. Jordan Henderson passed to Harry Kane on the right wing. Kane cut into the box beating two Welsh defenders before firing a low driven shot across goal which slotted into the bottom corner of the net. As the English players celebrated, Welsh goalkeeper was left to berrate his defence. The Crystal Palace stopper was unsighted due to poor defending which saw Kane's shot go between three defenders legs before it hit the back of the net.

Kane was instrumental in England's second goal just before half time. Hennessey could only parry his shot from the right side of the box. As the ball flew across the goal Marcus Rashford slid in at the back post to tap home.

The one disappointment during the match came early in the second half when Jesse Lingard had to be removed. The Manchester United midfielder fell awkwardly after jumping for a header. After the match it was revealed he had dislocated his shoulder which will rule him out for Sunday's final as well as the start of the new season.
    x83Sa6i.png

E6Jt0Ne.png
    Tomorrow's Match
    Scotland v N.Ireland
  • subpop
    Comfortable victory of England, who solved soon in the game. Independently of the 2nd semifinal, it is evident they are the big favorites to win the WC.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    England just proved that they're are the team to beat this year. Scotland had a fantastic tournament and can still end it greatly with a 3rd place which still is above all expectations.
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    england will win.