A Kingdom United

Comments

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    I'd also go for option 1 then (:

And what a turbulent start. Wales absolutely showed mentality coming back twice and win . And yeah what to say about the Scotland game...I think there aren't any words which would fit this end. I also think I would have been more stunned and shocked rather than being able to smash my controller :D

Costa Rica v Serbia: Serbia win
    Germany v Mexico: Germany win
    Brazil v Switzerland: Brazil win
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    ASdoZeR wrote: »
    I'd also go for option 1 then (:

And what a turbulent start. Wales absolutely showed mentality coming back twice and win . And yeah what to say about the Scotland game...I think there aren't any words which would fit this end. I also think I would have been more stunned and shocked rather than being able to smash my controller :D

Option 1 it is. :+1:

There are words for the ending but they're not suitable for the forums. :joy:

Alastair wrote: »
    VnPP6xT.png

No international tournament is complete without the accompanying sticker album so what international career mode story could be complete without the accompanying sticker album. The official A Kingdom United sticker album is now available. There are 50 stickers to collect covering the 32 teams, 12 stadiums, 3 major awards (Golden Ball, Golden Boot and Golden Glove) and three special stickers celebrating the new World Champions.

You can earn stickers from predictions in this thread. Correctly predicting the winner of each match will give you a chance of winning either of the teams in the match or the stadium. There is also a small chance of instead winning one of the six special stickers.

You will be able to swap stickers with other users in this thread or you can trade in your unwanted stickers to get other stickers. Swaps can be done at any rate you like, for example you might have a rare sticker and swap it with another user for multiple less rare stickers. If you would like to swap a sticker with another user then both users need to send me a PM confirming the deal. However, don't think you need to stick to PMs for negotiating swaps, why not make someone an offer in the thread so that everyone knows about your proposal, if you're lucky then other users might come back with an even better offer for you.

You can trade in stickers at the following rates:
    • 2 copies of one sticker can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • 2 stickers from one group* can be traded in for a duplicate-protected sticker from that group*
    • 3 stickers from one group* can be traded in for a sticker of your choice
    • Any 3 stickers can be traded in for a random sticker
    • Any 4 stickers can be traded in for a sticker of your choice

* A Group is classed as each Group Stage Group for nations as well as all Stadiums, the three award stickers and the 3 World Champions stickers.

You can view the sticker album here.

The sticker album is now live. All stickers already earned have been awarded. :)
  • ale1985bg
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    <oh dear, I just saw the goal against Nigeria... It's even more painful that I would've imagined.
    By the way, I also made a typo... I don't know why I said you went 1-0 down to Peru before reacting, of course I meant 2-0! :D

Curious to see my sticker situation, but I think I've not being that good lately (neither here nor in the real-life prediction game). :joy:
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    ale1985bg wrote: »
    <oh dear, I just saw the goal against Nigeria... It's even more painful that I would've imagined.
    By the way, I also made a typo... I don't know why I said you went 1-0 down to Peru before reacting, of course I meant 2-0! :D

Curious to see my sticker situation, but I think I've not being that good lately (neither here nor in the real-life prediction game). :joy:

You've only got the one sticker. You can see them here.
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Reigning Champions Continue Form From 2014

Sunday 17th June 2018

Reigning World Champions Germany were among the six teams to start their world cup campaign on the fourth day of action in Russia.

Match 9: Costa Rica v Serbia
    Group Stage
    yAhy2Zn.png

The first match of the day was perhaps the dullest match of the tournament so far with Costa Rica and Serbia seeing out a nil-nil draw.
    1nO10yn.png

Match 10: Germany v Mexico
    Group Stage
    mvxwPq0.png

Germany got their defence off to a perfect start with a comfortable four goal win over Switzerland. Back home everyone expects the Mexicans, who were last week announced as co-hosts of the 2026 World Cup, to return with the World Cup trophy but that looks unlikely after this performance.
    rhbBHAF.png

wSM34kG.png

Match 11: Brazil v Switzerland
    Group Stage
    OfDtGQU.png

The final match of the day saw five-time World Champions Brazil face a Switzerland side ranked sixth in the world. The European side raced into an early lead but tired as the match wore on and Brazil wrapped up a deserved win.
    vWAzICw.png

xiOxlwm.png
    Tomorrow's Matches
    Northern Ireland v Korea Republic
    Belgium v Panama
    Tunisia v England
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    I like option 1 too.

Northern Ireland v Korea Republic: Draw
    Belgium v Panama: Belgium win
    Tunisia v England: England win
  • ale1985bg
    Poor Mexico! :joy:

Anyway,

Northern Ireland v Korea Republic: N. Ireland win
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    At least Germany does play as you would expect here :|
    Love the sticker album. Always had a Panini when I was younger and burned my parents money :D

Northern Ireland v Korea Republic: NIR win
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    No surprises this time around as Brazil and Germany won their games easily.

Prediction

Northern Ireland v Korea Republic - N. Ireland win
    Belgium v Panama - Belgium win
    Tunisia v England - England win
  • Kyle
    923 posts Semi-Pro
    Couldn't resist taking a sly dig at @ale1985bg and @Kyle in that update. :joy:

I feel like I have been victimized.

I just watched the England game, I thought England looked great for about 20 minutes of the game.
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Poor Mexico! :joy:

They didn't really turn up at all. :joy:
    At least Germany does play as you would expect here :|
    Love the sticker album. Always had a Panini when I was younger and burned my parents money :D

I loved the Panini albums. Almost completed 2006 WC and 2016 Euros. Think I'll look what I'm missing this weekend and order them. :)

subpop wrote: »
    No surprises this time around as Brazil and Germany won their games easily.

Those two teams look scarily good. :grimace:

Kyle wrote: »
    Couldn't resist taking a sly dig at @ale1985bg and @Kyle in that update. :joy:

I feel like I have been victimized.

I just watched the England game, I thought England looked great for about 20 minutes of the game.

The first 20 minutes was probably the best performance I've seen from anyone so far this tournament. Think we tired in the heat later on. At least we won which is more than I can say for Italy. ;)
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    England and Northern Ireland Get World Cup Campaigns Off To Winning Starts

Monday 18th June 2018

The fifth day of World Cup action saw two more home nations get their campaigns underway. Northern Ireland, who are playing in their first FIFA World Cup Finals since 1986, started against 2002 hosts Korea Republic. England were trying to record their first win in the opening game of a major tournament since they beat Paraguay in the 2006 World Cup. Elsewhere in England's group Belgium faced Panama.

Match 12: Northern Ireland v Korea Republic
    Group Stage
    HsAyOs0.png

Northern Ireland raced into an early lead after Oliver Norwood connected with Niall McGinn's cross at the back post. McGinn spotted the Brighton man running in and played a perfect driven cross to the unmarked midfielder who couldn't miss form six yards out. Just after the half hour mark Gareth McAuley headed a Steven Davis corner into the net to double Northern Ireland's lead.

Northern Ireland were left furious on the stroke of half time as Korea Republic pulled a goal back two minutes and fifty-five seconds into two minutes of added time. Tottenham winger Son Heung-min's cross found Lee Jae Sung unmarked on the penalty spot. The Jeonbuk calmly volleyed the ball into the top corner of the net.

Northern Ireland captain secured the three points with just under twenty minutes left to play after he slotted a Kyle Lafferty pass into the back of the net. Northern Ireland will face reigning World Champions Germany next in possibly their hardest match of the Group Stage.
    fJLJrrj.png

qq7DPsa.png

XJWynE6.png

Match 13: Belgium v Panama
    Group Stage
    rGYfs3y.png

Belgium comfortably dispatched a poor Panama side who rarely tested the Belgium goal. Panama are playing in their first World Cup Finals after edging out the United States of America to qualify. Some in the United States believe they are good enough to be in the World Cup Finals. However, if they weren't good enough to qualify ahead of one of the worst sides ever to play in the World Cup Finals, then this match would likely have resembled an American Football score had the USA qualified.
    JW40SNf.png

Match 14: Tunisia v England
    Group Stage
    aaVsU4C.png

England started their quest to end fifty-two years of hurt with a potential banana skin tie against Tunisia. However, the Three Lions avoided slipping up and comfortably beat their African opponents to put them in pole position to qualify for the knockout stages. Just ten minutes into the game Harry Kane opened the scoring for England. The new captain received the ball from fellow Spurs man Eric Dier on the edge of the box. He turned and curled the ball past the Tunisian goalkeeper, perfectly placing the ball in the bottom corner of the goal.

Just before the half hour mark Kane doubled England's lead. Marcus Rashford took delivered an in-swinging corner from the left hand side of the pitch which Kane met at the front post. Kane was going to make no mistake from that range and headed the ball into the back of Aymen Mathlouthi's net. Right on the stroke of half time Kane looked like he would get his hat trick. After a twenty yard run he chopped the ball past the last Tunisian defender to leave him through on goal. His curled shot looked destined to fly into the back of the net until Mathlouthi got a hand to it. Luckily for England Raheem Sterling was following in to tap in the easiest goals of his career.

At this point it looked as though England would run away with the match although they eased off slightly in the second half. Against the run of play Tunisia pulled a goal back with twenty-three minutes left to play. Hamdi Harbaoui broke through the English midfield and played a defence splitting through ball to Wahbi Khazri. The Sunderland player smashed the ball first time and former-Sunderland teammate Jordan Pickford was helpless to reach it. This was how the game finished as England made some substitutions to rest their key players.
    AgEC2q6.png

RtwU6ys.png

Aak7fhP.png
    Tomorrow's Matches
    Colombia v Japan
    Poland v Senegal
    Russia v Egypt
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    I decided to take a dig at @Wyojasond and @Stlducks this time. :joy:
  • Wyojasond
    13842 posts Has That Special Something

:D:D:(:s:s:s don’t worry, we know we suck
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Great start by NIR. Much needed win in this tough group. Belgium and England as expected tbh.

Colombia v Japan: Colombia win
    Poland v Senegal: Draw
    Russia v Egypt: Egypt win
  • ale1985bg
    Total domination from Belgium and England, as expected. :)

About today's results, I'd say...

Colombia v Japan: Draw
    Poland v Senegal: Senegal win
    Russia v Egypt: Egypt win
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    All stickers for yesterday's matches have now been awarded. Apologies for the delay.

:D:D:(:s:s:s don’t worry, we know we suck

Can't let you forget it. :tongue:

Great start by NIR. Much needed win in this tough group. Belgium and England as expected tbh.

Yeah, that win for Northern Ireland will be huge given how tight it could get. :)

Total domination from Belgium and England, as expected. :)

It'd be a bit worrying if I'd lost. :joy:
  • Stlducks
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's harsh! But very true. At least I have Tottenham players to cheer for or else this WC would suck.
  • subpop
    Great debuts for England and Norther Ireland. England achieved what everyone expected, but yet impressive start to show authority.

Northern Ireland's victory is very important as Germany should be a very difficult rival, but Mexico should be a direct rival in the fight.

Germany and Belgium accomplished with the expectations.

Predictions:

Colombia v Japan: Japan win
    Poland v Senegal: Draw
    Russia v Egypt: Russia win
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    It will be a massive game for Northern Ireland against Mexico who probably have the better individuals but it is a team game. England should progress without any issues

Predictions:

Colombia v Japan: Colombia win
    Poland v Senegal: Poland win
    Russia v Egypt: Russia win
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Stlducks wrote: »
    That's harsh! But very true. At least I have Tottenham players to cheer for or else this WC would suck.

It must feel a bit strange cheering for several teams though. I know Euro 2008 I barely watched a match as I had no interest in it without a team to follow.

Great debuts for England and Norther Ireland. England achieved what everyone expected, but yet impressive start to show authority.

Northern Ireland's victory is very important as Germany should be a very difficult rival, but Mexico should be a direct rival in the fight.

Germany and Belgium accomplished with the expectations.

Mexico will be tough but I've got a (slim) chance against Germany first. Germany only snuck it 1-0 when they met at Euro 2016.

JoshDFC wrote: »
    It will be a massive game for Northern Ireland against Mexico who probably have the better individuals but it is a team game. England should progress without any issues

Mexico definitely have some good players but they never seem to gel as a team on FIFA for some reason.
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Final Four Teams Get Campaigns Started On Day Of Goals

Tuesday 19th June 2018

The final four teams got their 2018 FIFA World Cup Finals campaign underway on the sixth day of action in Russia. After the Group H teams had played, hosts Russia faced Egypt as the second round of group matches began.
    Match 15: Colombia v Japan
    Group Stage
    A4JjNuW.png

Stars of 2014 Colombia got their World Cup off to a flying start with a comfortable win against Japan. The Coffee Growers look strong possibilities to deep into the knockout stages after a good start.
    VaGIgk3.png

Match 16: Poland v Senegal
    Group Stage
    nVu2woU.png

Poland are appearing in their first World Cup for twelve years and looked keen to ensure they were here for more than just three matches. A confident win today combined with Colombia's earlier win suggests they should easily reach the knockout stages.
    rTKeq3j.png

x2yjoHw.png

Match 17: Russia v Egypt
    Group Stage
    0aXKoPR.png

Hosts Russia continued their impressive start to the World Cup Finals with a four goal demolition of Egypt. Egypt and Liverpool star Mohamed Salah had been tipped by some fans to be a contender for the Ballon d'Or. However, after his club side slipped up in the UEFA Champions League final and his nation's disappointing start in Russia, he'll need a miracle if he is to even make the longlist.
    qBQPMYB.png

pjE8jlK.png
    Tomorrow's Matches
    Portugal v Morocco
    Uruguay v Saudi Arabia
    Iran v Spain
  • Stlducks
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Portugal v Morocco - Portugal
    Uruguay v Saudi Arabia - Uruguay
    Iran v Spain - Spain

A day of high scores and clean sheets.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Portugal v Morocco - Portugal win
    Uruguay v Saudi Arabia - Uruguay win
    Iran v Spain - Spain win

Less than 3 goals from Ronaldo, I don't even celebrate.
  • subpop
    Brilliant Poland. What a victory. And Russia already are in the next round after a solid win too.

My prediction

Portugal v Morocco - Portugal win
    Uruguay v Saudi Arabia- Uruguay win
    Iran v Spain- Spain win
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Wow what a run of games. Didn't expect them all to be that clear..

Portugal v Morocco : Portugal win
    Uruguay v Saudi Arabia: Uruguay win
    Iran v Spain: Spain win
  • Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Brilliant Poland. What a victory. And Russia already are in the next round after a solid win too.

Russia are looking dangerous both in real life and in the game. Amazed how accurately EA got them considering everyone wrote them off before the tournament.

Wow what a run of games. Didn't expect them all to be that clear..

Yeah, I was amazed that Egypt lost so heavily.

• Alastair
    10178 posts Moderator
    Portugal Through As Saudi Arabia Head Home

Wednesday 20th June 2018

The first full day of action from the second group matches saw Saudi Arabia become the first team eliminated from the World Cup as well Portugal secure their place in the knockout rounds.
    Match 18: Portugal v Morocco
    Group Stage
    mvxwPq0.png

A draw was enough to see Portugal secure their spot in the Round of Sixteen. The game saw Cristiano Ronaldo become only the fourth player to score in four World Cup Finals, a record he now shares with Pele, Uwe Seeler and Miroslav Klose.
    33Oun0v.png

Match 19: Uruguay v Saudi Arabia
    Group Stage
    OfDtGQU.png

A win for Uruguay today means they've now got one foot in the Round of Sixteen. Two first half goals from the first ever World Cup hosts were enough to secure victory against Saudi Arabia.
    arVH8uk.png

xEpeyrs.png

Match 20: Iran v Spain
    Group Stage
    PXr5xFZ.png

The day's final game almost saw one of the shocks of the tournament so far. Luckily for 2010 World Champions Spain Diego Costa headed home a late corner to avoid a must win final match. Spain simply need to avoid defeat against Morocco in the next round to book their place in the knockout stages.
    VhrUsxt.png

TA02mxT.png
    Tomorrow's Matches
    Wales v Australia
    France v Peru
    Argentina v Scotland
  • Stlducks
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wales v Australia - Wales, Bale to put on a show.
    France v Peru - France
    Argentina v Scotland - Scotland with the upset

CR7 showing his skills again as he leads his side into the next round and just continues to score big goals.

Spain and Uruguay need to pick it up if they want to advance deep in this tournament, right now they are not looking like two sides that can win it all.
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Wales v Australia - Wales
    France v Peru - France
    Argentina v Scotland - Argentina

Costa saved Spain, now we have a WC in this group.