Sane out of Germany WC squad...?!

Waspy
3885 posts National Call-Up
Was a tad surprised lads, the crotch sniffing loew might regret that decision....

What do you guys think?

Id be particularly interested in knowing what our Germany Forumers have to say in the matter.

Comments

• P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    If true, then that's stupid
  • Waspy
    If true, then that's stupid

100% confirmed @P1tch_1nvaderz88
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh dear, who plays ahead of him exactly, loew is a Muppet
  • Waspy
    Draxler (can play wide left), Brandt, Reus looking at it,

Reus is one kick away from Injury, Brandt (imo) is nowhere near Sane level and Draxler hasn't that dynamic pace.

Interesting decision...
  • Waspy
    Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Paris St-Germain)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Monchengladbach), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Marvin Plattenhardt (Hertha Berlin), Antonio Rudiger (Chelsea), Niklas Sule (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris St-Germain), Leon Goretska (Schalke), Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Sebastian Rudy (Bayern Munich)

Strikers: Mario Gomez (Stuttgart), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
  • Chavez
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reus and Draxler instead of Sané .
    hmm cant say I saw mych of Draxler this year, or from Reus, but it souds like a harsh decission knowing the season Sane had?
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    One of the most in-form German player this year, and doesn't get picked? He's gotta stop sniffing his balls ffs
  • Waspy
    krappen07 wrote: »
    One of the most in-form German player this year, and doesn't get picked? He's gotta stop sniffing his balls ffs

Dying :D

It is a poor decision, Brandt isn't even a poor mans version of Sane...
  • Stones
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolutely crazy
  • freakjas
    5699 posts Big Money Move
    Didn’t expect it but Germany has always been known for having a great squad and not great solo players.
    Sane didn’t really work when he played for the national team so I kinda get why they left him at home
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    Yup and Neuer probably starting ahead of tear Stegen

It’s prob political inside that camp. I definitely won’t be putting my $$ On them
  • Waspy
    limjitwe wrote: »

It’s prob political inside that camp. I definitely won’t be putting my $$ On them

same @limjitwe

For me it can't be a question of talent.... so im going with the 'because he's a Bundesliga player' reason....

Feel sorry for the kid, imagine having a stellar season and NOT making it to the WC. Mental.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1206 posts Professional
    Insane decision...

or should i say outsane decision

bu dum cha
  • Pxul_
    7746 posts League Winner
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    Insane decision...

or should i say outsane decision

bu dum cha

:joy:
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    That's what snorting crack does for you....
  • Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    Don’t get the surprise. His form towards the end of the season was patchy and he’s never actually performed to a high enough standard for Germany.

Similar to Martial for France, obviously both have plenty of ability but if it’s not applied for their national team then that’s on them.
  • GedankeUlme
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    As a German, I'm kinda shocked. Like what the hell, Löw...
    I've watched the friendly against Austria the other day and Sané looked quite good. His end product wasn't there yet but with his pace, dribbling and directness he could've offered something we simply don't have elsewhere in the squad. I don't think it should've been between him and Brandt. BOTH should be going. Instead, drop Rudy! Why is he even there? Has hardly even played at all for Bayern last season.

On another point, Trapp over Leno?! Are you kidding me! Trapp also has hardly even played for PSG unlike Leno who played for a team week in and week out that's competing for the CL and was 2th in the Bundesliga for quite a while too.

That's madness!

Reading comments from fellow German football fans, they can't believe it either. Just imagine if we go out in the group stage or something like that.... Löw will regret this decision big time. Wow.
  • Waspy
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Don’t get the surprise. His form towards the end of the season was patchy and he’s never actually performed to a high enough standard for Germany.

Similar to Martial for France, obviously both have plenty of ability but if it’s not applied for their national team then that’s on them.

im looking at it on a plyer fpr player basis @Jason1986

For me Brandt isn't comparable to Sane.

I just heard a 'Belgian expert' trying to formulate an arguement that Junaizi, Witsel, Tielemans and Fellaini are as good as Radja in a CM position hence in part why he isn't going.

Heads gone
  • Waspy
    As a German, I'm kinda shocked. Like what the hell, Löw...
    I've watched the friendly against Austria the other day and Sané looked quite good. His end product wasn't there yet but with his pace, dribbling and directness he could've offered something we simply don't have elsewhere in the squad. I don't think it should've been between him and Brandt. BOTH should be going. Instead, drop Rudy! Why is he even there? Has hardly even played at all for Bayern last season.

On another point, Trapp over Leno?! Are you kidding me! Trapp also has hardly even played for PSG unlike Leno who played for a team week in and week out that's competing for the CL and was 2th in the Bundesliga for quite a while too.

That's madness!

Reading comments from fellow German football fans, they can't believe it either. Just imagine if we go out in the group stage or something like that.... Löw will regret this decision big time. Wow.

Yeah a few odd decisions for sure. Im genuinely dumbfounded to be honest.
  • Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Waspy wrote: »
    Jason1986 wrote: »

im looking at it on a plyer fpr player basis @Jason1986

For me Brandt isn't comparable to Sane.

I just heard a 'Belgian expert' trying to formulate an arguement that Junaizi, Witsel, Tielemans and Fellaini are as good as Radja in a CM position hence in part why he isn't going.

Heads gone
    Pretty sure Germany has had a good record of taking the best players for the system they want to play. If Sane doesn’t fit, or can’t perform in that system, which he hasn’t done then why does he deserve a place over someone who can offer more for the team? Think Joachim Low knows more than we all do on what he wants from his players.

This isn’t an Icardi situation where he’s left out because of “team politics”.

Also I’m pretty sure Naingollan is more of an attacking midfielder, Belgium aren’t short of creative midfielders and forwards.
  • CeeQue
    10820 posts Has That Special Something
    limjitwe wrote: »

This has me :angry: on Sane though tough call but Germany always prevails. The U-21s won the Confederation cup against Alexis/Vidal led Chile.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Pure mental decision. The lad is world class and proved it all season. I have never seen Brandt play so can't say he's not as good as Sane with any certainty - but he must have had one hell of a season to keep Sane out.