Are some accounts more likely to get better pulls than others?

13
SSgtBlunder
948 posts Professional
This TOTS may SBC pulls have been horrendous, pretty much the worst card each time. This is what I have got:

MC
Courtois (first packed keeper - who is awful)
Van Ginkel

PL
Walker (only reasonable pull from 13 x SBCs)
Otamendi

La Liga
Ter Stegen (second packed keeper)
Roberto

Bundesliga
Hradecky (third packed keeper)
Caligiuri

Ligue 1
Rony Lopes
Rami

Calcio A
Alison (fouth packed keeper)
Masiello

Ultimate
Ter Stegen (duplicate - fifth packed keeper)

So, aside Walker, that's 12 x the worst pulls you can prob get. 5 x goalkeepers, 6 x defenders, 2 x midfielders, 0 x strikers. The account is 3 years old, no FIFA points spent this year, I wonder if I would of been better off starting a fresh account to see who I packed :-/

Anyone else have similar 'bad-luck'?

Comments

  • mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    To answer the thread title. No.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    To answer the thread title. No.

    Interested to hearing views from people not on EA's pay-roll buddy.
  • G000ner
    4227 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018
    no. the majority of people get **** packs because the pack weights for the high rated players are so low. the people that get good packs are lucky, but you're not unlucky. it's to be expected
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think it might be possible. actually. Pack luck could be account based, nobody knows though. So all the people who blatanly say 'no' should have some proof.
  • RadioShaq
    15101 posts Moderator
    Play the wc mode. People are quitting because it’s so easy to pack good players.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks above average. You got the highest rated player on one occasion and on another you got a RB who sold at the time for 500-700k. Caliguri, Sergi Roberto, and Otamendi are all solid, average cards for their respective teams. Congrats man!
  • mdizzl3
    12410 posts Has That Special Something
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    To answer the thread title. No.

    Interested to hearing views from people not on EA's pay-roll buddy.

    Well that's just lovely.
  • SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    yea right, i spend nearly 300k with ter stegen, lloris, mbappe and other useless ****.
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    To answer the thread title. No.

    Interested to hearing views from people not on EA's pay-roll buddy.

    bwahhhhaaaahhhaaa!!!

  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged

    EA is "always thinking" about its fans in terms of "how to deliver these types of experiences in a transparent, fun, fair, and balanced way.”

    Andrew Wilson
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2018
    look at the polls the majority get the worst players by far out of those available

    also many people got the same lousy player twice!

    at least you got different ones lol
    Post edited by Truthurts on
  • Momus
    1830 posts Play-Off Hero
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    To answer the thread title. No.

    If I was EA, I would absolutely have dynamic pack luck implemented to boost profits. They would be idiots not too
  • Maradona
    4445 posts National Call-Up
    yes, some people are too lucky to be true, the majority gets lucky sometimes and some of us never get lucky... but take this ultimate tots, from the forum poll, about 35% got one of the top 3 players or the second top tier (lewa, suarez, etc).. the majority (65%) was in meh territory... 35% chance you pack something really good, but 65% and bigger chance to pull crap.. thing is, some us hit 65% on all leagues...
  • Tvchot
    9 posts Ball Boy
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged

    This is so true.

    My pack luck has been ok during the year where I’ve packed about 10 informs, however they are usually the lowest ones with 86 being the highest. Not many high rated players over 86, probably just 3 rare-golds if I remember.

    Went away for some days in April and Fortnite is played much more now, so fifa is played much less.

    With tots SBC packs, was expecting the usual low rated ones. Was surprised that I got normally middle ranged tots like Vardy, Son, Sterling, Isco, Godin. Back to low rated tots after that now that I’m playing but it’s interesting that they sensed less fifa is played now.

  • Pocketsquareguy
    5344 posts Big Money Move
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged

    This. Take a month off the game and open some packs. You will get an icon or one of the best special cards available in packs at that time. The older your account is the lower your pack weight also.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5344 posts Big Money Move
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    To answer the thread title. No.

    Interested to hearing views from people not on EA's pay-roll buddy.

    Well that's just lovely.

    Have a mind of your own and don’t just praise literally everything ea does and you wouldn’t get comments like this. You have done it to yourself.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged

    This. Take a month off the game and open some packs. You will get an icon or one of the best special cards available in packs at that time. The older your account is the lower your pack weight also.

    I create new account each year now
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    There will be class action lawsuits when the truth about this comes to light.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Yes, take a break for a month and come back, more often that not your getting something huge or even an icon. Those who get sick pack pulls often either open tons of packs thru fifa points/ tons of league sbcs, have a terrible record in game, or dont play much anymore
  • Senth6
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fut funder here I can confirm newer accounts get better pulls, all my mates get amazing pulls
  • Maradona
    4445 posts National Call-Up
    took a 3 month break, no better pulls.. sry
  • Senth6
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They have a system in place where pack luck depends on the likely hood off you spending FP, if ya like me and didn't spent £ EA give you a very hard time by trying to force you to cave in, all my WL pack rewards have been dead whole year
  • Joseph88
    192 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 2018
    Hardly play the game or have a very bad/negative overall record and you’re guaranteed better pulls.
  • hayhor1
    14289 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    I know my account will never get any of the top pulls this year, it has been mediocre all year more or less
  • VagisilFC
    1419 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hadn't bought the game since FIFA13 and my pack luck has been ridiculous this year.

    When you consider no FP and no trading

    1 ICON, 2 Birthday, 1 scream, 15 IF's, 5 TOTS, 2 Heros, 1 MOTM is phenomenal.


    Last time I did FUT I only pulled something like 6 special cards in 4 years. Not sure if it is the account or whether you purchased the game recently though as while my account is ancient, the game seems to think my club was established sept 2017.

  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    Definitely. Selling my team a month before tots next year and not loading up fut till then.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Yes. There's a thing called churn rate that big gaming companies pay attention to, which is how likely you are to abandon the game due to boredom/disinterest so they give better loot boxes in order to keep those players engaged

    Knowing this and with my little lad not having played FIFA for a couple of months properly, I told him to start WC mode. He actually got worse starter players than me! He hasn’t don’t the icon yet though so he may get Pele!!
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    No.
Sign In or Register to comment.