World Cup Hardcore RTG (Poll Inside)

EddieFicio
22914 posts Club Captain
edited June 2018
So I'm restarting WC mode because I find it too easy and want to do a new set of rules (below)

I have this team:

e3f85bf16a5566ce936efaeb1a23f0d2.jpg

Plus the players you see on the bench, I have nothing else on my club and 100k, so what I can do is this:

- Open the 100k in packs

- Setup the best possible team i can

Rules:

If anyone here has played Pokemon they will be familiar with Nuzlocke rules.

A) When Losing:

1.A) Everytime I lose a game I must rinse the WHOLE bench and reserves through upgrades. (not discard, dont want to run out of players too fast)

2.A) Everytime I lose a game I must discard the worst performing player on the pitch (via ratings) AND my highest rated non Icon player.

3.A) If I don't get out of the group stage I must discard an icon (if I have one in my team)

4.A) If I lose the world cup in the final match I must discard the whole team (no choking allowed)

5.A) If the highest rated player in my team was also the best performing (via ratings) he will be spared from rule 2.A but not rules 3.A or 4.A

6.A) Should I lose the WC at any point, I am not allowed to use the same formation and therefore it will be banned until the WC is won again.

7.A) Should I run out of players to play the game I'm allowed to spend whatever coins in packs or drafts to regain players and keep going.

8.A) Should I run out of players AND coins the account is considered dead and I'm not allowed to play WC on it again

9.A) Following rule 8.A, if I want to play again I'll need to make a new account and start from scratch.

B) When Winning:

1.B) Should I win the World Cup, after opening the packs I'll be allowed to do 3 upgrades of the region of my choosing.

2.B) Every time I win the world cup I will have to retire 4 random players from my squad and induce them to the "hall of fame" which means I will not be using them but they'll be safe from being discarded.

3.B) Hall of famers can only return to the team in times of crisis, if I lose the WC I will be allowed to bring back 1 hall of famer.

4.A) Should I lose the WC in the final and discard the whole team, I will be allowed to bring back as many as 4 hall of famers to build around should I choose to.

C) Dealing with duplicates:

1.C) Duplicates can be used in SBC without affecting their spot in the team.

2.C) Should I have a duplicate of a player I discard, I can only use said duplicate in an SBC and not in my actual team, in order to have him in my team he would need to be packed for a third time.

3.C) If the player in rule 2.C is an ICON player, he will be allowed to return due to the rarity of ICONS in packs.

What do you guys think? @Campino @VanBasten @Cadey 5 @ha032742 @Nen @wfcbagnall @orison

Note: This is not supposed to be a regular RTG and the idea is to make it difficult, so if you're not a very good player I wouldn't advice following it.

Regarding the poll, I want to know if you guys think I should discard the whole club, discard some of it or keep it and build upon it. Should I discard the whole club I'm keeping Ronaldinho regardless because I can't do the SBC again.

Thank you guys for reading and commenting :*

World Cup Hardcore RTG (Poll Inside) 37 votes

Discard the whole team (minus Ronaldinho).
56%
EddieFicioCampinoORANGEeffect05Agent VZDoddsPikachuVICTAAAADisgruntledmoleCadey 5Sercsmjs4pA Very Pretty Man DavistodylwmsCheetah ThumbsM98HPronoobPhil0501toonbalmySummer69 21 votes
Discard some players (about 10).
13%
Orisondorsey.clemonsKnowlesdinhoWonderMouseCPFC16 5 votes
Don't discard anything.
29%
NateNornIronWoundedGoatCR7>007BuffonJuve93ethnickDanic123SadioManDutyHarryShehrajcaedite 11 votes

Comments

• EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    @Pikachu @Agent VZ @M98H @ORANGEeffect05 @Nate @xciljw @Pauldejong6 @Sercs
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    @VICTAAAA @mjs4p
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Don't discard anything.
    I voted for the wrong thing and thought of a better suggestion lol. I'd suggest perhaps starting off with no players above 80 rated, leave ronaldinho in your club, and you aren't allowed to use him until you win the WC once. This would really allow for a real starting from the bottom RTG imo.
    The idea seems interesting, are you going to post updates? :)
  • Orison
    69167 posts Icon
    edited June 2018
    So how often do you lose in that mode? :D

I would also probably keep atleast all 4* and 5* skillers so that you can have some fun in the easier games instead of being bored by running around with Werner or so.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    So how often do you lose in that mode? :D

I would also probably keep atleast all 4* and 5* skillers so that you can have some fun in the easier games instead of being bored by running around with Werner or so.

I haven't lost yet @Orison which is why I thought of "retiring" players after I win the WC and discarding the whole team if I lose a final :joy:

Good point on the 5 star skillers.

@Shehraj Yeah I'm going to update, I need to start with a healthy number of players in my club if i'm going to mass discard after losing which is why im spending 100k regardless.

I'll also will be streaming it, making write ups and possibly a video caption or 2 depending on how it goes :joy:
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018
    Im thinking to win the World Cup with every nation once, so 1x with full France/Egypt/etc. Now that is a grind and 32 times true glory!
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Im thinking to win the World Cup with every nation once, so 1x with full France/Egypt/etc. Now that is a grind and 32 times true glory!

Noty, that includes a massive amount of packs opened :joy: you basically need about 70% of the database
  • Orison
    69167 posts Icon
    EddieFicio wrote: »

Noty, that includes a massive amount of packs opened :joy: you basically need about 70% of the database

Yeah, and nations like Panama only got like 14 players so good luck packing 11 of those ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

If you keep skillers you could also always include a rule like "score 1/2/X nice goals every WC run otherwise one attacker is chosen randomly and gets discarded" or something like that.
  • Pikachu
    9274 posts League Winner
    IMO.
  • Pauldejong6
    7643 posts League Winner
    edited June 2018

Yeah. As hardcore as it can get. Didnt know Panama only has 14 guys lol. I might try it myself..
    Do you even lose a game now?
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

Yeah. As hardcore as it can get. Didnt know Panama only has 14 guys lol. I might try it myself..

That I want it to be hardcore doesnt mean I want progression to be imposible, at some point i'll be stuck opening packs till i can get x player and thats just not fun lol
  • VICTAAAA
    11240 posts Has That Special Something
    Didn’t see the tag right away, disregard my comment on the WC thread.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    Dinho and the scrubs
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2018
    MisterJV wrote: »

I'm trying to revive it.

WL is even more dead.
  • Cadey 5
    14195 posts Has That Special Something
    Team in OP is to good for soneone as good as you defiantly more scope for interesting things to happen if it’s from a worse team.

Also I would add something like “club Captain” in this case Ronaldinho.

Club captains cannot be discarded and the second lowest rating should go instead if it gets to that point.

Maybe have it so you cannot select the same Captain per each WC run and retiring a Captain opens up the armband for someone new.

Just a idea.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    @Cadey 5 taking that idea and running with it.

Also the people have spoken, will discard everyone bar Ronaldinho.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Twitch.tv/sib_wolf

Going live with the mass discarding in a bit.
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something
    Thanks for the tag!

I voted this way because you will rarely lose, and if you do, you will likely have some hall of famers to bring back.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Will actually stream this tomorrow, had to go out lol
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Might as well.. You’ll have that team back in two weeks anyways.. :# Keep dinho as the marquee player though..
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't discard anything.
    I really can’t see you losing a single bloody game on WC mode anyway haha.

• Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    @Peter is the original nuzlocke master. RIP
  • Sercs
    21492 posts Club Captain
    100% discard the whole team, you’ll rarely lose and when you do the punishment is just >:)

• Dodds
    10196 posts Has That Special Something
    Dinho and the scrubs

• Ulook92
    21850 posts Club Captain
    Dont see you losing much. If youre really doing it from scratch, just have fun.
  • P
    7797 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    Dinho and the scrubs

• Benzkrewjp7
    68 posts Park Captain
    Great concept!
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    edited June 2018
    So I quick sold everything bar Ronaldinho and opened the 100k in packs, and they were quite good :joy:

This is the current team:

0f83aa62c4176892aa78de7095426f03.jpg
    f123d37c78323a355554163454bbb279.jpg

Will start playing either tomorrow or on monday.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    So I quick sold everything bar Ronaldinho and opened the 100k in packs, and they were quite good :joy:

This is the current team:

0f83aa62c4176892aa78de7095426f03.jpg
    f123d37c78323a355554163454bbb279.jpg

Will start playing either tomorrow or on monday.

Betting you’ll have the same team you discarded by the end of the week. :D