National Team DKO & WL Hype Thread

Absting159
6670 posts Moderator
edited June 2018
Looks like we are having National Teams upcoming for WL. I’d assume the DKO as well. Who are you going to use?

I’ll be going with the Oranje as I have the Milan Trio (MVB, Rijkaard, and Gullit) and packed Promes and De Ligt.
Post edited by Absting159 on

Comments

• Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    To be fair, I’m more excited for this than WC mode.
  • Färjestad
    2112 posts Fans' Favourite
    What is the requirements?
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Brazil obvs
  • Orison
    47641 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Sounds like the one WL where you will struggle to find opponents a lot.

Doubt that many people will give up their end game team to throw together a nation squad.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Looks like we are having National Teams upcoming for WL. I’d assume the DKO as well. Who are you going to use?

I’ll be going with the Oranje as I have the Milan Trio (MVB, Rijkaard, and Gullit) and packed Promes and De Ligt.

If only we had a dedicated thread for Weekend League :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:

I could probably scrap together a decent Spanish side with IF Torres and IF Villa if I get in :astonished:
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »

Doubt that many people will give up their end game team to throw together a nation squad.

I hope people see the fun in this though. Even though I like using who I want because it’s MY “Ultimate Team”...I enjoy these types of requirements. Makes you try other cards.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17212 posts World Class

I hope people see the fun in this though. Even though I like using who I want because it’s MY “Ultimate Team”...I enjoy these types of requirements. Makes you try other cards.

Don't talk to Orison about fun
  • Orison

I don't think many people have coins to try other players haha.

Would you sell R9 and Gullit just to buy a French team for one weekend? I know I wouldn't.
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator

I don't think many people have coins to try other players haha.

Would you sell R9 and Gullit just to buy a French team for one weekend? I know I wouldn't.

I’ll sell Eriksen to find the last couple Dutch players to fill out my team.
  • ha032742
    35024 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018

I have a full TOTS/IF/prime icon Brazil team that’s mostly untradeable though >:)
  • Orison
    ha032742 wrote: »

I have a full TOTS/IF Brazil team that’s mostly untradeable though :)

You don't finish a single WL, because you cry more about delay than you actually play the game mert :trollface:
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Clever from EA trying to put some life back into the market.
  • mjs4p
    11084 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ll go with Brazil. Prime R9, Prime Pele, TOTS Filipe Luis, and a bunch of NIFs! :D
  • RebelRob
    5011 posts Big Money Move
    Brazil.

R96 and nif Jesus will do me fine! :D
  • ha032742
    35024 posts Moderator

I have a full TOTS/IF Brazil team that’s mostly untradeable though :)

You don't finish a single WL, because you cry more about delay than you actually play the game mert :trollface:

No delay recently :trollface:

(because I have not been playing)
  • EddieFicio
    21312 posts Club Captain
    So in my club I have

Prime Ronaldinho
    Prime r9
    Prime pele
    Poty neymar
    Tots telles
    Tots alves
    Tots firmino

Guess im buying fernandinho silva marquinhos & alisson for that wl
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    I have a full untradeable French special team already other than a GK :D
  • Dan is Clutch
    24573 posts Club Captain

You know full well people will still play. WL is a drug that many can't put down. (myself included most of the time)
  • iitalic
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero

its not fun though having to buy a whole new team and then losing more coins then you will make from wl from tax and player prices crashing at the end of the weekend.
  • EddieFicio
    21312 posts Club Captain
    I think itll be fun, ill be able to use dinho, pele and a few others without feeling bad about benching my other players
  • Orison

You know full well people will still play. WL is a drug that many can't put down. (myself included most of the time)

Yeah, but way less people than usual imo.

At 10-0 it took me 10mins to find an opponent last Friday and that was prime time Europe, if you live in another region I would argue it will be very difficult to find opponents that weekend (if you are on a decent record).
  • Whoman
    5306 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2018
    Ugh, there possibly goes my hope of a relaxed weekend of WC play with every sweatbag busy with WEL ...

EDIT: Ok, just saw it's in 2 weeks. So guess this and next WE will be fine :)

I have a full TOTS/IF/prime icon Brazil team that’s mostly untradeable though >:)

Same here, so might give it a whirl for the heck of it :) Only need to replace Gullit, who is still in both teams as i hadn't gotten around to getting a 4th brazilian midfielder next to Allan, Tallisca and Jonas (play him CAM)
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks fun
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    iitalic wrote: »

its not fun though having to buy a whole new team and then losing more coins then you will make from wl from tax and player prices crashing at the end of the weekend.

If you don’t have a nearly full national team in your club that’s unfortunate. Most people seem to have at least 5 or 6 top tier guys from certain nations. Not hard to finish it out fo have some National Team fun.

I for one am done worrying about coins and will absolutely sell someone to buy the few Dutch players I need to finish my team. And at the prices right now, if you make 20k in straight coins from rewards that’s a 92+ TOTS card.

This will be my goal. Or something close.
    frNmTNI.jpg

Post edited by Absting159 on
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    @Absting159 no deligt?
  • Absting159
    6670 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    MisterJV wrote: »
    @Absting159 no deligt?

If we got a TOTS today, yes absolutely lol. @MisterJV
    I’ll probably go 3atb with him!!!

Actually yes. 100% that. I’ll drop the LB and RB and go De Ligt and Van Ginkel and Gullit to CAM.

Updated the image.
  • RBailss
    11801 posts Has That Special Something
    If only I hadn't put TOTS Marcelo into the Vieira sbc!
  • EddieFicio
    21312 posts Club Captain
    RBailss wrote: »
    If only I hadn't put TOTS Marcelo into the Vieira sbc!

I have Marcelo but I think im going with Silva and Naldo/Marquinhos
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    Managed to put together two solid enough teams with what TOTS/Icons I had and minimum spending on the market.
    Brazil:
    Nif Jesus - Dinho
    Jonas
    Motm Talisca - Fernandinho - Firmino
    Carlos - nif Miranda - Marcelo - Matos
    Nif Ederson 84

France:
    Sif Alessandrini - 86 WBY
    Fekir
    Motm Ntcham - big Pat - Aouar
    If Roussillon - Kimpembe - Perrin - if Sidibe
    Lecomte