LT + Longshots more likely to go in

Viggo 007
12248 posts Has That Special Something
what does it do?

I notice when I hold LT while shooting from range, it's more likely to go into the back of the net than without it

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    5373 posts Big Money Move
    By definition LT + shoot = Flair shot. Players, particularly those with the Flair trait, will then execute rabonas or overhead kicks or whatever instead of a normal shot.

A few years ago there were theories that it triggered a "power shot" when done from distance. Basically a rocket aimed at the top corner, with no spin, curve or dip. Might still be the case.
  • Joestoe
    4714 posts National Call-Up
    I always do LT+Shoot when shooting from distance, might just be in my head but they fly in more often than not.
  • Angy
    2739 posts Fans' Favourite
    LT+Shoot from distance actually is a knuckle shot where the ball dips considerably.
  • Viggo 007
    Angy wrote: »
    LT+Shoot from distance actually is a knuckle shot where the ball dips considerably.

any source for this? I def feel this way but would like to know more
  • MehmetISuarezI
    3490 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2018
    Its just flair shot I think, sometimes the player will shoot with the outside of the foot or it will result in a dipping shot

btw doing the roulette trick and shooting immediately afterwards from distance is nearly always a goal for me if I do it with someone decent, another thing you can try out if you want to
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

any source for this? I def feel this way but would like to know more

I’ve also read this.. I think it’s ingame on the controls settings?
  • SPAMPEBS
    3913 posts National Call-Up
    I use LT and normal 50/50 both seem same tbh.
  • Viggo 007
    Its just flair shot I think, sometimes the player will shoot with the outside of the foot or it will result in a dipping shot

btw doing the roulette trick and shooting immediately afterwards from distance is nearly always a goal for me if I do it with someone decent, another thing you can try out if you want to

that's from small range with low power. When you put more than 2 bars of power with LT they go in from my experience, without it it's a easy save for the keeper