Tip for those wanting to do a big Prime Icon

Viggo 007
12248 posts Has That Special Something
edited June 2018
You can bring cost down even further by:

- Doing Litmanen,Zanetti, and Crespo first, not to mention you get packs too

- Using Zanetti for high rated squads instead of just Icon Challenge
-
- Using 87 rated IFs instead of 84, cause normal 87 rated cards are as much as in forms while normal 84 are considerably cheaper

And of course sell every player from the packs, store consumables in the club and discard rest

Should bring cost down by at least 200k on a 1m Icon with no pack luck

Comments

• fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    didnt know crespo was that cheap, thanks. Looking to finally do Prime R9 but i literally only have the coins for the 5 icons :D should be able to do it though since I have a **** ton of 90+ players
  • Viggo 007
    fauxylar wrote: »
    didnt know crespo was that cheap, thanks. Looking to finally do Prime R9 but i literally only have the coins for the 5 icons :D should be able to do it though since I have a **** ton of 90+ players

94 rated TOTS are good value imo, they bring cost down so much
  • BK1892
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I done Maldini last night for around 250k, couldn't believe it! Used some unusable TOTS cards plus my monthly reward cards. As usual I didn't pack anyone higher than 84 though!

Might do Zanetti now to actually use. Is he worth the coins?
  • Viggo 007
    BK1892 wrote: »
    I done Maldini last night for around 250k, couldn't believe it! Used some unusable TOTS cards plus my monthly reward cards. As usual I didn't pack anyone higher than 84 though!

Might do Zanetti now to actually use. Is he worth the coins?

He's dirt cheap and is 92 rated Icon, good value imo
  • fauxylar
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

yep but high rated tots isnt my concern, just the icons :neutral:
  • Viggo 007
    edited June 2018

yep but high rated tots isnt my concern, just the icons :neutral:

Cheapest Icon on xbox market is 155-160k, Litmanen sbc is 150k while Zanetti is 127k, without counting rewards

Do those 2, as for Crespo he's 190k to complete but the rewards will cover that 30k deficit with a chance to pack something good while also being 90 rated.

Another one is Nesta who is 190k to complete but same as Crespo, rewards will cover deficit while also being high rated

@fauxylar Schmeichel at 202k without rewards is also a good one since he's 92 rated and packs will make him 160-170k without luck
  • Hibee
    11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Crespo is so good to use in game. Such a shame anyone would even think about just discarding him into another icon.
  • Viggo 007
    Hibee wrote: »
    Crespo is so good to use in game. Such a shame anyone would even think about just discarding him into another icon.

Not a game changer in the same category as CR7/R9/Henry/Gullit.

Given that you have limited room for forwards no surprise that he's going into sbcs
  • Hibee
    11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Hibee wrote: »

Not a game changer in the same category as CR7/R9/Henry/Gullit.

Given that you have limited room for forwards no surprise that he's going into sbcs

He isn’t in my first team but I have him up front in my second team. I prefer him to Henry. And prefer him up front to Gullit (who I have CM). Plus I like using players I liked irl, and Crespo is definitely in that category.
  • iggypop
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    im going to wait until the 2nd ultimate SBC is done, then if I don't get any one decent im putting prime Hernandez and prime ADP into viera sbc
  • Halfhand2
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Cheers for the tips
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    iggypop wrote: »
    im going to wait until the 2nd ultimate SBC is done, then if I don't get any one decent im putting prime Hernandez and prime ADP into viera sbc

I completed prime ADP a few days ago for dirt cheap and found him to be absolutely brilliant for me, is it because you're bored and fancy a change or don't you like him? He's pushing prime Maradona for a starting spot in my first team he's been doing so good. So clinical from everywhere.
  • Safehands84
    3382 posts National Call-Up
    Done Zanetti for 60k, no brainer I’ll eorher keep or start Maradona and chuck him in that, although after few games I prefer him to Tots Kimmich
  • Idek
    10089 posts Has That Special Something
    Did Gullit for about 600k after packs using some stuff I already had in the club
  • lucas
    4933 posts Big Money Move
    is Zanetti any good? saw that i could do him fairly cheap. will wait untill sunday to see if there is an ultimate tots sbc. due not having that many coins anymore.
  • Ha88san
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Prime Henry or R9 sbc? R9 costs 300k less... What u guys reckon?
  • lucas
    4933 posts Big Money Move
    Ha88san wrote: »

r9 no brainer
  • Ha88san
    lucas wrote: »

r9 no brainer

Yeah true very true. Just was looking at Henry as he can be brought for less than 800k so therefore the money is not lost..
  • Viggo 007

r9 no brainer

Yeah true very true. Just was looking at Henry as he can be brought for less than 800k so therefore the money is not lost..

R9, even though I did Henry but that's because I was still 200k short of Henry and R9 would cost me like 500k more which I didn't have. So it was either have Henry or spend all summer trying to get R9 and then Fifa 19 comes out
  • Ha88san

r9 no brainer

R9, even though I did Henry but that's because I was still 200k short of Henry and R9 would cost me like 500k more which I didn't have. So it was either have Henry or spend all summer trying to get R9 and then Fifa 19 comes out

So u think I shouldn't go for the tradeable Henry and get the R9 sbc started?
  • Viggo 007
    edited June 2018

r9 no brainer

Henry is fantastic, I have no regrets. But if you have the opportunity to try R9, do it.

But if you never played a M/M striker before and not sure if you like it, try Henry tradeable, should be good way to wet your feet.

They play similar: M/M, Tries to beat Defensive Line, Speed Dribbler, Finesse Shot

It comes down to weakfoot and balance mostly. I play Henry with Hawk (better than Engine, Hunter) and he's winning me games in Fut Champions, his weakfoot ain't bad

https://streamable.com/dv0vd

https://streamable.com/9dcte

https://streamable.com/hly3x

Try tradeable Henry first and then get R9, to know how will you handle M/M positioning
  • Ha88san

r9 no brainer

Henry is fantastic, I have no regrets. But if you have the opportunity to try R9, do it.

But if you never played a M/M striker before and not sure if you like it, try Henry tradeable, should be good way to wet your feet.

They play similar: M/M, Tries to beat Defensive Line, Speed Dribbler, Finesse Shot

It comes down to weakfoot and balance mostly. I play Henry with Hawk (better than Engine, Hunter) and he's winning me games in Fut Champions, his weakfoot ain't bad

https://streamable.com/dv0vd

https://streamable.com/9dcte

https://streamable.com/hly3x

Try tradeable Henry first and then get R9, to know how will you handle M/M positioning

Yeah I think I will have a bash. I'm assuming it takes time to get used to
  • I did prime Maradona using all my untradable tots i had brought the SBCs down a lot Iain 93 and 94 rated players.

Do wish I'd have done the R9 one instead but didn't think I had enough icons. Turns out I should ha e submitted crespo too and bought one but never mind.
  • Narsoy
    624 posts Semi-Pro
    Would you guys do Ronaldinho and submit icons like crespo, zanetti and rijkaard plus a bunch of tots (mane, courtious, rabbiot, kimmich, batshauyi)? I think that might bring his price to around 400k maybe less
  • gutman22
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wonder how much I would spend to do the Petit SBC.
  • Viggo 007
    Narsoy wrote: »
    Would you guys do Ronaldinho and submit icons like crespo, zanetti and rijkaard plus a bunch of tots (mane, courtious, rabbiot, kimmich, batshauyi)? I think that might bring his price to around 400k maybe less

Do you have R9 and Gullit already?
  • Narsoy
    624 posts Semi-Pro

nah, i don't really care for gullit tbh since i have untradeable savic. R9 i would love to do but i only have 4 icons and 1 of them is ferdinand who i wouldn't submit
  • Viggo 007

nah, i don't really care for gullit tbh since i have untradeable savic. R9 i would love to do but i only have 4 icons and 1 of them is ferdinand who i wouldn't submit

Do Litmanen SBC to get a 3rd Icon for cheap and do R9
  • Narsoy
    624 posts Semi-Pro

Do Litmanen SBC to get a 3rd Icon for cheap and do R9

You need 5 icons to do R9, doing litmanen would get me the 5th icon but then that would mean i would need to submit crespo, rijkaard, zanetti, litmanen and ferdinand but i'd hate to submit ferdinand.
  • selb
    6399 posts Big Money Move
    @Viggo 007 do you reckon its worth doing the Nesta SBC to put into Maldini?