Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

How does 96 R9 stack up against the high tier TOTS cards

StewParty
4069 posts National Call-Up
Specifically TOTS Aguero, Neymar, Griezmann, Lewandoski

Comments

• M98H
    13637 posts Has That Special Something
    Not even close to Neymars level. Haven’t used the others enough to compare
  • ItsOnlyAli
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hes better than aguero, tried and tested.
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    lewandowski tots is trash first of all, turns like a truck, not even close to elite level
    I used tots aguero and son, and those two and r9 were on the same level. Personally I'd go with son for such a cheap price
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    Shehraj wrote: »
    lewandowski tots is trash first of all, turns like a truck, not even close to elite level
    I used tots aguero and son, and those two and r9 were on the same level. Personally I'd go with son for such a cheap price
    Already have Son
    Im just wondering if doing the prime R9 SBC which would be probably 900k after packs and getting an untradeable 96 ronaldo is worth it and better than the tradeable high tier TOTS cards who are between 600k to 1 mil
  • Shehraj
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    StewParty wrote: »
    Already have Son
    Im just wondering if doing the prime R9 SBC which would be probably 900k after packs and getting an untradeable 96 ronaldo is worth it and better than the tradeable high tier TOTS cards who are between 600k to 1 mil

if you want him get him, but id recomend 96 cr7
  • Idek
    12772 posts Has That Special Something
    I prefer CR7 and Neymar for sure
  • sofyanm
    3380 posts National Call-Up
    StewParty wrote: »
    Already have Son
    Get Neymar he’s not worth it imo, I regret doing it
  • Zolifc
    854 posts Semi-Pro
    Best player in game for me.
  • Carson_92
    385 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I did his prime a couple of days ago, he’s incredible. The 5* combo is glorious
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3529 posts National Call-Up
    I did him earlier this week and wow, he's unbelievable
  • Mr_footballer1
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    You need to surround him with nippy guys like tots ney
  • RebelRob
    5962 posts Big Money Move
    Best player I’ve used. Ever.

Ok some games he’ll have a bad game, but we all know that’s down to servers/lag etc, because there’s no other reason for some of the bs that happens.

But when he has a good game, he’s god like. Finishing is second to none. Can score any kind of goals on both feet. He doesn’t feel as fast as the stats suggest, but he’s not a speed demon like Lozano etc, and if you use him to just sprint fast then don’t bother getting him, but utilise the skills, agility, dribbling and shooting, and you’ll not look back.

If you score 2 goals with him quickly people will generally quit as well lol.

Also, he works best in a 2 imo. Pair him with someone else quality and they’ll focus so hard on stopping r9 the other guy will have almost free roam to do what he wants. I’ve got him with prime crespo and together they’re amazing.
  • Muzza11
    9431 posts Has That Special Something
    I hate him, in WL he feels awful.
  • BeastFC2018
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    R9 I really want to love but he's absolute trash, turns like a truck and basically doesn't live up to any single one of his stats. Even his finishing is worse than prime Larsson's. Much prefer tots Mbappe at striker.
  • Cantonas Collar
    1627 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think he’s great, he’s got the acid test of the weekend league this weekend but he feels unique.

His finishing has been top notch, he scores goals that I haven’t experienced with any other player except Gullit. He hasn’t felt clunky, in fact he dribbles similar to how he did in real life and I’ve not had any problems with his positioning. That 5 star weak foot is huge as well because opponents struggle to read which way you’re going to go.
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    No mortal matches him.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    R9 I really want to love but he's absolute trash, turns like a truck and basically doesn't live up to any single one of his stats. Even his finishing is worse than prime Larsson's. Much prefer tots Mbappe at striker.

Prime Larsson is a complete peasant card compared to R9. He is the best Icon striker by far.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    He is a beast.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    He's a freak of nature

Actual strikers only tots Ronaldo is better. And possibly Poty Neymar
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Blarix wrote: »
    He is a beast.

This. My favorite player this year.
  • Koolfashion
    2732 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think Ill try Suarez today over him, lets see if he will score more
  • markruk
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    5/5 just makes him unplayable, especially with the finesse shot trait. Only Neymar out of that list is on his level or better.
  • Hibee
    12406 posts Has That Special Something
    I loved using him. Astonishing anyone could label him as trash :|
  • RebelRob

Not really one of those people who says these comments, but I can’t resist.

Git gud.

But seriously, you’re doing something wrong if Larssons finishing is better. Do you like low driven goals by any chance?
  • Tsarov
    4861 posts National Call-Up
    He is on the same level as TOTS/yPOTY Mbappe, maybe except long shots and unfortunately he feels less agile/smooth on the ball than TOTS Son, who is a moooonster. Even Amsterdam even confirms that, because so many pros are using Korean beast.
  • caedite
    558 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I haven't dropped him yet. He's played along 99 CR7 (outscored him), 97 Aguero (outscored him), 92 Son (outscored him) and this weekend will be paired with Neymar and Reus up front. Sure he doesn't feel as fun or agile as some of the elite TOTS, but he's just unbelievable at scoring goals.
  • SherDogg
    424 posts Sunday League Hero
    its like what do you want. Do you want a number 9. he's your man, skilling he's your man, want a guy with 5* wf he's your man.
    Only thing you cant do is turn like neymar poty and power through like toty ronnie. thos ewould be the top 3 IMO.
  • RebelRob
    SherDogg wrote: »
    its like what do you want. Do you want a number 9. he's your man, skilling he's your man, want a guy with 5* wf he's your man.
    Only thing you cant do is turn like neymar poty and power through like toty ronnie. thos ewould be the top 3 IMO.

See, the turning bit I disagree with. L1 dribbling and even just ls dribbling. I’ve done some insane stuff with him, and all it takes is a small amount of space and the right angle and the shots going in 95% of the time.

He can so quickly get the ball so quickly from left foot to right foot, that people cover one side and you can switch sides with the 5* wf and just shoot.

For me he’s an anomaly, in the sense that most players get better the faster they go, but r9 is at his best when not sprinting. Don’t get me wrong, put the right through ball through and he’s off, but I’ve found him similarly agile to TOTY messi for me, and considering the body size and player model that’s ridiculous. I’ve recently got tots insigne, who is a bit more agile and can change direction a bit quicker, but there’s no one with the double 5* who’s as tall, strong and agile.

I’d really like to try tots Neymar for comparison for the double 5*, but I’m also a huge fan of r9 and having watched him growing up it’s just far more enjoyable doing stuff with him than it would be with that overpaid pansy Neymar.
  • FIFABoss18
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I went and done him yesterday as it was only going to cost me the sale of TOTS Suarez (Amazing BTW)

1st impressions - he is not TOTS Suarez Standard. I have played 5 games with him and he has scored 5 goals but it felt like work getting those goals tbh. He is noticably faster but noticably weaker than TOTS Suarez.
    The only thing that was the over riding factor is the 5 star 5 star. I love having that tool and scoring so great skill run goals.

TBH What has kinda annoyed me as well is everyone has him, like 1 out 3 people have him...

If I had to do it for 1.1 million - I wouldnt, but since it only cost me 400k it was a no brainer.
  • DougInskip
    6988 posts League Winner
    It’s the combination of pace, power, double 5 star and the animations that put him above. Such a unique card, plus it’s the Phenomenon. Look at Gullit too, Goretzka has better stats but can’t touch Ruud, just like every other tots / toty CMs.