The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

We play a football game that doesn't know the rules of football

SStubbs88
218 posts Sunday League Hero
If a player has the ball and gets knocked over by a member of the opposition team who doesn't get anywhere near the ball that is a foul.

If a player is through 1 on 1 with the keeper and a defender sliding tackles them from behind missing the ball this is a foul and a red card. I've had some that didn't even get a yellow.

If a player is through 1 on 1 with the keeper whilst the ref is playing advantage we don't want the stupid free kick from miles out when we could have a 1 on 1 situation.

How hard can it be to make a football game that actually has football rules in it.

Comments

• MarkMCFC
    441 posts An Exciting Prospect
    In years to come there might be VAR in fifa were you can appeal hahaha
  • silverdale10
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've never, ever, got away with slide tackling down a player who's through on a goal. Red card every single time. People seem to be able to do it to me and get away with it though. Maybe you have to simultaneously press R3 as you do it or something.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    All things you're mentioned were already in the game, but they removed it year by year.
  • maksi
    edited May 2018
    Since fifa 16 you'e allowed to slide tackle from behind and mostly don't get a red card.

Also you couldn't recover from badly timed tackle like you can now, now it's fair play if you stumble a player with one defender and tackle with another, no foul called. It's looks more like pinball than football game.
  • Footballer_1000
    1280 posts Professional
    Offside rule doesn't seem to apply either. Not really. I've played people office, and I'm talking about like yards offside, yet they go on to score, and the ref just stands there picking their nose.
  • maksi
    Slide tackles are dangerous play in real life but in fifa you can spam it all your want, no penalty for badly timed challenges.
  • maksi
    Offside rule doesn't seem to apply either. Not really. I've played people office, and I'm talking about like yards offside, yet they go on to score, and the ref just stands there picking their nose.
    never saw wrong offside call in fifa, you must have missed something

• Footballer_1000
    1280 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    never saw wrong offside call in fifa, you must have missed something

No mate. When I see a defender start a run, but my defenders are out of position, my only option is to play them offside. Several times, before the ball is passed, the striker is a yard or 3 offside, and it's not called.

Granted, I play mainly SB, but looking at the replays, there is no question that guy is about 3 miles offside.
  • Wi1son73
    2437 posts Fans' Favourite
    If the person isn’t in play then it shouldn’t be offside... but EA seem to give offside regardless
  • maksi
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    If the person isn’t in play then it shouldn’t be offside... but EA seem to give offside regardless
    being 'in play' is subjective estimation, it's really hard to code that

• wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Hand balls don't even exist in the world of Fifa 18. Constantly have defenders in the box putting their hands up and blocking shots.
  • had enough!!!!!
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SStubbs88 wrote: »
    If a player has the ball and gets knocked over by a member of the opposition team who doesn't get anywhere near the ball that is a foul.

If a player is through 1 on 1 with the keeper and a defender sliding tackles them from behind missing the ball this is a foul and a red card. I've had some that didn't even get a yellow.

If a player is through 1 on 1 with the keeper whilst the ref is playing advantage we don't want the stupid free kick from miles out when we could have a 1 on 1 situation.

How hard can it be to make a football game that actually has football rules in it.

Was going to put a statement up like this yesterday it's alot of bull **** decisions in game that makes me real angry lol ea sort your **** out every shot or block goes out for a corner completely bull **** a block from a weak shot from like 40 yards gets deflected for corners lol
  • Footballer_1000
    1280 posts Professional
    wwffan99tx wrote: »
    Hand balls don't even exist in the world of Fifa 18. Constantly have defenders in the box putting their hands up and blocking shots.

Indeed. Though to be fair, I don't actually mind. It's impossible to control your players hands.
  • Wi1son73
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    being 'in play' is subjective estimation, it's really hard to code that

Are taking from experience?(in codes) you think EA devs would struggle to have the proper rule code implemented?
  • Wi1son73
    edited May 2018
    wwffan99tx wrote: »

Indeed. Though to be fair, I don't actually mind. It's impossible to control your players hands.
    I did try handball rule with SB’s.. it’s a pain in the **** tbf..
    It got turned back off and will stay like that period.
  • Lukaku9
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    Offside as to be looked off as it can be given way to soon though i appreciate it can be difficult to code. What annoys me more is when advantage is not given when i have the ball as the defensive side sometimes.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    Since fifa 16 you'e allowed to slide tackle from behind and mostly don't get a red card.

Also you couldn't recover from badly timed tackle like you can now, now it's fair play if you stumble a player with one defender and tackle with another, no foul called. It's looks more like pinball than football game.

This annoys me a lot