Why does nobody use Mathaus?

GoalGiant
1703 posts Play-Off Hero
He’s slightly cheaper than Gullit, I’ve completed him today and he is insane. He does everything so well, why does no top players use him?

Is it his height and lack of strength?

Comments

• coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    In meta terms, he does not fit that tall and strong criteria. He is no doubt excellent, but the likes of Vieira and Gullit offer all of that plus the physical dominance.
  • NornIron
    11490 posts Has That Special Something
    I used him for about 80 games thought he was excellent at the time but he started to get bullied too small.
  • Hibee
    12073 posts Has That Special Something
    Iv used him for over 300 games, he is superb, have him on one side and Gullit on the other.
  • Dead Whip
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I use his prime at right back and he’s superb
  • therandomjack
    1284 posts Professional
    Not used him yet this year but last year I had him twice - first time my game play was a bit up and at them, but I realised once I had him again that he was probably my best player. I've got about 750k at the moment, I've only got 86 left to do on VDS and I'll probably drop my prime Hernandez in and he will be mine. I was considering re-buying CR7 or OTW Neymar but I already have Dinho and Sane so do I really need anpther left side player? Also looking at comment above I desperately need a better RB
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Got him on World Cup and loved him.straight went and did his prime yesterday was too good to pass up for 500k..
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    I love him! Sometimes I actually prefer him to Gullit because of how fast he is. Some of the runs he makes from the midfield are just unreal and he bangs them in from all over the pitch.
  • Dead Whip
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not used him yet this year but last year I had him twice - first time my game play was a bit up and at them, but I realised once I had him again that he was probably my best player. I've got about 750k at the moment, I've only got 86 left to do on VDS and I'll probably drop my prime Hernandez in and he will be mine. I was considering re-buying CR7 or OTW Neymar but I already have Dinho and Sane so do I really need anpther left side player? Also looking at comment above I desperately need a better RB

Controversial but I start 352 and switch to 442 with Prime Maldini and Matthaus as full backs and I haven’t lost since.

I did play over 400 games with matthaus as a cm and he was great there too but I’ve since upgraded to gullit.

• Dodds
    7836 posts League Winner
    Using him in WC, he's bloody redic.
  • Whoman
    5424 posts Big Money Move
    Dodds wrote: »
    Using him in WC, he's bloody redic.

Yeah, got him there as well after completing the Prime in normal FUT like 3 weeks ago.

He's great. I guess the reason he is fairly seldom used is that he is too expensive for most and those that can afford him rather get Viera and Gullit.
  • Moe_Szyslak
    245 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Over 900 games with the prime for my team. His finishing inside the box lets him down at times but he has one of the best long shots I’ve used. Excellent box-to-box midfielder to compliment one or two bigger players.
  • Diggy
    13638 posts Has That Special Something
    He’s great had to drop to the 91 recently after getting R9 the difference is huge glad I have him back now
  • TTAZ
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    He's good but I prefer gortzeka
  • Ventieeeeee
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I always wanted to try him since he is an icon in fifa.. So i was extremely happy when I got him in the WC mode :)

And now that I have played with him I want him in my fut team :D .. What a player he carried my bad team to the WC he was just everywhere scoring and defending.. A total menace for my opponents.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    I did the Prime some days ago and he is great. Great long shots and the definition of box to box.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have the 91 and love him
  • Uberman
    15729 posts World Class
    I have the 91 and love him