Temperament as an attribute of rating

gxcpl
140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited May 2018
I really miss having some attribute like this to help emulate some players actions during a game.

I was thinking that maybe we could have something like a level of "tension" for a match (like a final, or a heavy rivalry game) and the players should react to that and have their performances affected.

I know we already have the "mentality" attribute, but I was thinking of something to emulate players that tend to be nervous or even aggressive during a tense match. Something like "A, B, C and D". It would be something to emulate players that can lose their minds and commit a hard foul (like we saw Ramos, Pepe, F. Melo, De Jong and a lot of others doing a lot of times during rivalry/tense matches). "Mentality" focus only on how the player will perform passing and shooting. The new rating could be called "TEMPERAMENT", or something like that.

And we could have the tension level (from 1-10, maybe?) that might inffluence on the temperament of the players, how hard they will play, how angry they will get and how they will react to what happens on the pitch.

This will be a GREAT addition to Manager/Player Career. Last week I was playing SF of Champions Cup, won 3-2 away and was drawing 3-3 home. My opponent had a penalty at 89'. My GK defended it and everybody acted like nothing happened. Come on, I'd love to see some emotional reactions!

What do you guys think of this?

Comments

• Deano2508
    2573 posts Fans' Favourite
    We don’t need more mysterious background affects
  • Tornado31619
    22301 posts Club Captain
    They aren't touching career mode, sadly.
  • gxcpl
    Deano2508 wrote: »

It shouldn't be mysterious. But you'll know: "I have a D-temper player. I should take care when using him during a tense match".

I miss having something to simulate the well known "physical" (or even "violent") players.
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    I concede enough yellow cards and penalties when I'm not even controlling players without an added lunatic stat. So I'd prefer it if it did not get added.
  • gxcpl
    sheffutd87 wrote: »
    I concede enough yellow cards and penalties when I'm not even controlling players without an added lunatic stat. So I'd prefer it if it did not get added.

But what about CPU? CPU NEVER gets angry. CPU's players play consistently, no matter what.
  • gxcpl

CPU barely fouls our players in FIFA 18.

What about that tense and hard games and you see your players walking around clueless while CPU just keep the ping pong passing around? Or when you desperately need to score and set All Out On Attack but nothing happens?
  • gxcpl
    edited May 2018

Did you ever see a pleyer getting a booking after losing their minds, right? Remember Zidane? Felipe Melo? Sergio Ramos? Pepe? Gattuso? They all had red cards in EXTREMELLY IMPORTANT matches because of their temper. Great players? Of course! Bad tempers? Absolutelly!

And it happened a lot of times, not only once. They are/were bad temper players. In video-games it was never emulated.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    Tense matches. You mean those 40 matches ppl play in the weekend?
  • Gromit
    4832 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Deano2508 wrote: »

This

The game is a law to itself already. Lots not give EA an out.... "dear sir, your 92 rated team played ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because they were nervous, thanks for contacting EA support".
  • gxcpl
    E_clipZe wrote: »
    Tense matches. You mean those 40 matches ppl play in the weekend?

Semi-finals, finals, high rivalry games... Specially on carrer mode.
  • gxcpl
    I assume most people commenting play FUT... I know FUT players don't really care about the "simulation of a real match" aspect of the game and want things as neutral as possible.
    But maybe who plays carrer mode will understand what I mean.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    gxcpl wrote: »
    I assume most people commenting play FUT... I know FUT players don't really care about the "simulation of a real match" aspect of the game and want things as neutral as possible.

Of course most do. He posted inside FUT part of forum. Lol
  • gxcpl
    E_clipZe wrote: »
    gxcpl wrote: »

Of course most do. He posted inside FUT part of forum. Lol

My mistake.