Solved* Can’t play Online World Cup ”We Detected your Squad file does not...”

ScorePlayer
190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited June 2018
The NON-Fut Online World Cup gives me the following message every single time I try starting the Online World Cup: ”We Detected your Squad file does not match that of your opponent.”

What I’ve tried so far:

-update latest squads( I seem to be able to do it several times without even reseting the squads so something seems to be bugged)

-reset all squads> download updates

-customise> delete > profile > delete ”squad 1” ”online squad” and ”online customised rosters(starting 11 etc saved edits) > restarted after that but no luck
Post edited by ScorePlayer on

Comments

• INF3RN040
    3 posts Ball Boy
    i have exactly the same problem on PC with the last worldcup update, im so **** frustrated :s
  • Deni323
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same problem for me.

PS4

EA dont care for non-FUT players so I dont expect it to be fixed anytime soon.
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Same thing, can’t play a game.
  • fixxer8
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Same thing on my Xbox One X. Every time I start a online tournament match, this thing pops out and match is discarded. This sucks.
  • ScorePlayer
    Guys, I found a possible solution which worked at least for me(played 2 online tournament matches now);

Go to customise > profile > delete >

In addition to what I tried and listed above you also need to delete Match Day Squad and My Settings 1. Deleting the My Settings 1 was the final one I tried and it worked. It didn’t even seem to reset my camera/sound settings adjustments so that’s fine deleting that. Also after deleting these + the ones in the first message I did NOT press ”download updates” but instead opened the WC mode straight up and I didn’t receive an error message.

Because I wanna have updated squads in all game modes, not just WC so after the first WC match I actually went to ”update squads” and updated them once again. The second match played just fine despite of this. Although now after the second match it’s giving me an option to update the squads yet again instead of giving the usual ”no updates available at this time message”. It seems somehow bugged anyways.
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    It doesnt always happen. Just try again and it works. I think it mite be certain teams
  • fixxer8
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I think I got it. CUSTOMISE > PROFILE > DELETE and there I deleted all roster updates. Now it worsk fine.
  • ScorePlayer
    It worked fine for 2 matches but now it keeps doing the same again so I have to take my words back. On PS4. There’s definitely a conflict between the WC Mode and the ordinary squad update.
  • fixxer8
    4 posts Ball Boy
    It worked fine for 2 matches but now it keeps doing the same again so I have to take my words back. On PS4. There’s definitely a conflict between the WC Mode and the ordinary squad update.

Yes, for me to. After 2 matches, it is the same. Well played EA sports.
  • Same problem here.
  • Frisch88
    1 posts Ball Boy
    I have the same problem. I really hope EA fix it soon, because right now the game is unplayable!
  • Mr_Smith89
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just imagine if they gave us a shiney new standalone game....
  • JBrook
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Having the same problem. Seems a custom formation wont go away even after resetting match day teams
  • Same problem for me!! :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • Hieulk
    2 posts Ball Boy
    Its not the issue with you, but with the other player...if he doesnt update his squad, you are getting the error message also. EA search engine is just weak, it doesnt filter out cases where online squad is not updated.
  • ScorePlayer
    edited May 2018
    Hieulk wrote: »
    Its not the issue with you, but with the other player...if he doesnt update his squad, you are getting the error message also. EA search engine is just weak, it doesnt filter out cases where online squad is not updated.

Well if that’s the case it’s quite stupid that the online system doesn’t ”force update” the squad for a player who has outdated squad but instead lets the player search for a match with old squads. And I doubt that’s the only reason as it’s happening all the time and has never happened to me outside the World Cup mode in Fifa 18. And it’s also suspicious that the ”download updates” button lets you ”update” squads after every match instead of giving a message ”no updates available at this time”. It wasn’t like this before the WC update.

In fact the last time it occurred was when I still played on PC on Fifa 13 or 14. And then it was always easily fixed by removing the squads and downloading them again. Now it seems to be totally random, you may manage to play a couple of matches and after that it’s not letting you start the game no matter what even while you don’t even mess with the squads in between. And of course the FUT Online Tournament is working perfectly(as it obviously should) but that won’t cut it to me as I wanna compete of World Cup playing with real teams.
    Post edited by ScorePlayer on
  • Byron0077
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Any update?
  • Deni323
    Doesnt work for me either :/

Come on EA this is beyond lame
  • Same here on the PC
    I hope they fix it soon
  • Cystox
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Got the same problem here on my Xbox One X. Any news on upcoming updates/hotfixes?!
  • Come on EA solve the problem so we Can play!!
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro

Correct because the squads for WC are the ones used in offline hence why you can't edit ant WC team.

Every update your offline sqauds.
  • Cystox
    6 posts Ball Boy
    Master110 wrote: »

Correct because the squads for WC are the ones used in offline hence why you can't edit ant WC team.

Already did that like 10 times, does not help at all.
  • INF3RN040
    3 posts Ball Boy
    lol 500mb update still no fix :D
  • WTF is going on with this issue? is there a direct line we need to reach out to? I am more than frustrated, I mean, we pay to play online! Please let me know a solution because I have tried everything mentioned above for over 3 hours and nothing...
  • fixxer8
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited May 2018
    So we are supposed to accept this just because it was a free update?
    Sony and Microsoft should give EA some angry message, that their customers can't play online.
  • Master110
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    Cystox wrote: »
    Master110 wrote: »

Already did that like 10 times, does not help at all.

No it won't because the other player needs to do it also. If they do not then you can't connect to .
  • MacDaddy
    721 posts Semi-Pro
    Mine is still not working, ugh grrrr
  • Deni323
    Still not working
  • Hieulk
    2 posts Ball Boy
    People are just ****, please the other 500 000 players....PLEASE UPDATE YOUR FIFA SQUAD!!!