First Prime Icon

shamheff1989
2438 posts Fans' Favourite
Have a decent amount of high rated cards from the various league SBCs and a few untradeables like Mertens from different packs. Half thinking of dumping them in a prime. Which one of the cheaper ones is worth it at this stage?

Comments

• iRusty_yo
    3916 posts National Call-Up
    Rio
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12846 posts Has That Special Something
    Zanetti doesn't require am icon and is one of the cheapest to do I think. If you have enough untradeable players then you'll get it close to free
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class
    Crispy
  • Oscaaaar
    1227 posts Professional
    Maldini, only requires 1 icon and you can easily do the 88-rated squad (which costs ~200k according to futbin) close to free if you have a few high rated cards+some TOTS.
  • limjitwe
    6706 posts Big Money Move
    Larsson is very very cheap. You can prob do him and Zanetti. This way you get 2!
  • shamheff1989
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Larsson is very very cheap. You can prob do him and Zanetti. This way you get 2!

Thanks for all the suggestions lads! This one sounds appealing though. Do both of them still stack up this far into the game?
  • Advait
    14717 posts World Class

I would say this with Crespo instead of Larsson
  • shamheff1989
    What about any of the former Liverpool players? Planning on buying my annual club team once this world cup hype hits. Can't stand Owen personally but it'd mean he'd probably get more of a run than other primes if I did him.
  • stuiggs07
    50 posts Park Captain
    What about any of the former Liverpool players? Planning on buying my annual club team once this world cup hype hits. Can't stand Owen personally but it'd mean he'd probably get more of a run than other primes if I did him.

I've not used him myself but i've heard good things about Litmanen
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12846 posts Has That Special Something
    Larsson is in my main team still. He's incredible even still.

Zanetti is just great value for coins atm
  • Imtnt
    4830 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    If not enough for Dinho Gullit or R9.. i'd go for Larsson or R Carlos. Some will fit Firminho :)
  • Imtnt
    edited May 2018
    Dup post
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rio or Maldini. Im doing Rio myself its so so so cheap now lol, and saving pack rewards for ultimate tots time

also you can buy many prime icons for < their sbc cost ie: rui costa is sub 300k lol.
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Zanetti doesn't require am icon and is one of the cheapest to do I think. If you have enough untradeable players then you'll get it close to free

Yeh but he’s worse than bad
  • swfcfan89
    842 posts Semi-Pro
    Crispo.
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tommygunn wrote: »

hes quite useful in the midfield as an impact sub, just not so much at RB. he simply doesnt jump lol :D :D :D :D :D putting him in prime rio sbc tbh
  • Imtnt
    edited May 2018
    I have an idea.. Go for the cheapest, open packs, then throw him in a better icon SBC.
  • Tommygunn
    3135 posts National Call-Up
    Tommygunn wrote: »

hes quite useful in the midfield as an impact sub, just not so much at RB. he simply doesnt jump lol :D :D :D :D :D putting him in prime rio sbc tbh

I done him used him for a while and willed him to be good but he’s terrible. Put him into prime Rio too. Now when I come up against him my tactics are shell the ball over his head for Son
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    If you're asking which prime icons are 'worth it', unfortunately you're only looking at Gullit/R9/Maldini and the other elite-tier icons - as they have few TOTS alternatives who will outplay them. Also, many of the icons are now cheaper to just buy as tradeable items (than their SBC).

IMO, forget guys like Larsson, Crespo, Shevchenko even though everyone raves about them. There are so many TOTS cards who are just better options. I say this as someone who currently has 6 icons, but understands that TOTS offers better cards for cheaper.

Other than Zanetti, there unfortunately aren't many cheap prime icons who are worth their price anymore.
    Serie A TOTS has a host of elite players for 200-300k mate, many with great SM/WF and traits just like the icons. Perhaps look to save up for a star player if you really want to get rid of your untradeables - Maldini prime is a great option who you'll never need to replace
  • limjitwe
    6706 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    If you're asking which prime icons are 'worth it', unfortunately you're only looking at Gullit/R9/Maldini and the other elite-tier icons - as they have few TOTS alternatives who will outplay them. Also, many of the icons are now cheaper to just buy as tradeable items (than their SBC).

IMO, forget guys like Larsson, Crespo, Shevchenko even though everyone raves about them. There are so many TOTS cards who are just better options. I say this as someone who currently has 6 icons, but understands that TOTS offers better cards for cheaper.

Other than Zanetti, there unfortunately aren't many cheap prime icons who are worth their price anymore.
    Serie A TOTS has a host of elite players for 200-300k mate, many with great SM/WF and traits just like the icons. Perhaps look to save up for a star player if you really want to get rid of your untradeables - Maldini prime is a great option who you'll never need to replace

@Stevie_G

How’s Maldini? I just did him to replace Rio. Is M a lot better than F? What chem card did you place on him
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Stevie_G wrote: »

@Stevie_G

How’s Maldini? I just did him to replace Rio. Is M a lot better than F? What chem card did you place on him

Only used the 92 Maldini myself but decided to sell him when TOTS Chiellini came out. I've since sold him too, running Koulibaly TOTS just because I find him a fun player in-game (his legs are just massive, he eats attackers up!).

92 Maldini was great, used an anchor on him as I wanted to boost his strength and a shadow was a waste on his defensive stats (they all go to 99 with an anchor). The 94 prime is a little quicker, he'd be absolutely fantastic.

I'm still using Prime Rio as he's untradeable and he's vital for chem links to Telles/Koulibaly. However if I had the choice I'd say Maldini would be better, partner him up with a real physical CB (Koulibaly, Benatia) and you're set
  • shamheff1989
    Appreciate the replies lads! Think I may hold tough on the SBC but will try Litmanen once I pick up the three Pool attackers.

Checked futbin earlier. 800k for salah and I was giving serious consideration to getting him for 1.3 or whatever last week. :open_mouth:
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Larsson
  • Hetenteen
    252 posts Sunday League Hero

zanetti is also terrible, his 50something jumpings made him unusable for me.
  • GoalGiant
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zanetti is incredible!
  • Ballist1x
    1702 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lozano is pretty cheap