Noob questions how to defend

FinEverton
605 posts An Exciting Prospect
Hi,

I play between 1-2 div and can qualify to WL. I use 4312 and 4222 formations. Started to so Fifa 17 because couldnt find so good Serie A wingers. I have defending problems at moment.

Should I use Offside trap or Cover? Which one is better or "safer" to use?

Do you give orders to defenders when you play? I not so familiar with this.

I use balanced style when play. Should be something like defensive or ultra defensive? I dont like that but my defender are sometimes really up and cant catch the opposite st:s if they get through ball. This has been my main problem after TOTS.

Tactical or Legagy defending?

And thanks all!

Comments

• Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't commit, keep the player in the zone between "tackling" and " covering the pass", do that. Then play more and more, you'll learn when to tackle and when to just cover the pass. Use Jockey movement with sprint button and without
  • Smiley_Utd
    1146 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    Don't commit, keep the player in the zone between "tackling" and " covering the pass", do that. Then play more and more, you'll learn when to tackle and when to just cover the pass. Use Jockey movement with sprint button and without

I'm wouldn't take this guy seriously mate - hes a joke!
  • Viggo 007
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »

I'm wouldn't take this guy seriously mate - hes a joke!

I finish elite though and pretty good at abusing mechanics
  • CR7BRUH
    3718 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Use cover fairly balanced cts

Also I changed my defending style online and in squad battles.

They key is do not use second man pressing 95% of the time.

It's a balance between learning when to be passive and cut the passing lane and when to be aggressive and make a b line towards your opponent.

Also dont spam the stand tackle button that can cost you only use it when necessary hold jockey instead and combine the two
  • Viggo 007
    CR7BRUH wrote: »

It's a balance between learning when to be passive and cut the passing lane and when to be aggressive and make a b line towards your opponent.

Also do spam the stand tackle button that can cost you only use it when necessary hold jockey instead and combine the two

my point exactly
  • Viggo 007
    This is all you need

• nextqprmanager
    3171 posts National Call-Up
    FinEverton , always use cover
    I use L2 jockey plus X to take your controlled player to the attacker, then R1 to bring another defender in if needed, then tackle.
    I used to start on defensive if not sure, now I start attacking - change / adapt to the match / opponent.
    hope that helps?
  • FinEverton
    This is all you need

Thanks. Try to do my "homeworks".
  • FinEverton
    FinEverton , always use cover
    I use L2 jockey plus X to take your controlled player to the attacker, then R1 to bring another defender in if needed, then tackle.
    I used to start on defensive if not sure, now I start attacking - change / adapt to the match / opponent.
    hope that helps?

It might help. I havent use much R1 to bring another defenfer. Need to practise.
  • FinEverton
    CR7BRUH wrote: »

Also dont spam the stand tackle button that can cost you only use it when necessary hold jockey instead and combine the two

I have to admit I used too much stand tackle. So more jockey. Thanks. Keep looking balance too.