FIFA18.. What Needs To Improve for FIFA19.

TacticalTugTeam
1049 posts Professional
edited May 24
EA in FIFA17 & FIFA18 have both introduced AI (Auto Defending) just to suit the casual players this really annoys me... because it gives them a chance.. if FIFA wasn't an ESport (Competitive) I could see the logic behind it but the games just not fun anymore, I played some noob yesterday with a negative record lol, I performed a simple fake shot away from his player and I could quite clearly see he wasn't even controlling his player he was literally just holding "contain" & his player Automatically read me well his AI & his player autocleared the ball up the pitch.... in older FIFA'S even FIFA16 these Auto Actions never happened... but E.A just want the Average Andy to have a chance but the game has become boring & un-skilled + the fact the Kick Off glitch wasn't even fixed makes it even worse.

FIFA19 is make or break for me, i'm 24 years old lol, been playing FIFA since 1999.. I want E.A to make Skill-moves more effective not too much but buff them a little bit because in 18 they're far too underpowered & they need to remove these Auto actions, Auto blocks inside the box and make Defending more skilled.

But my main issue with FIFA18 is the passing.. it's SOOOOO Easy to keep the ball... literally an absolute alien could keep the ball passing is so assisted they need to make less assisted, make it like FIFA16 where you actually had to face the way you were facing, no 180 unrealistic passes & stupid spin animations.

Lastly.. the tackling system... The amount of times you can read your opponents pass and you get there get your foot to the ball and it just bounces back to your opponent more often than not.. yes you're not always going to get the ball but the bounce backs are so random the game is too unrealistic.

#Make FIFA fun again E.A

Comments

• SDoofus
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    "The game is just not fun anymore"

*literally plays hundreds of games*

Why do you play so much, if it's so boring and not fun? That's a bit weird.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    SDoofus wrote: »

I own Xbox One other than FIFA there's not much to play other than GTA or Fortnite lol & I've always played FIFA but the last decent FIFA was FIFA16 which actually had a big skill-gap but since FIFA17 it's gone downhill.

If FIFA19 gameplay doesn't improve then I won't be playing hundreds of games put it that way that's me done.. the game is just catered towards the casuals i'm afraid.
  • Wyojasond
    8686 posts League Winner
    I agree the passing is way to easy but I have to disagree a bit with the auto defending. Yes a guy can sit there and just hold the contain button but I think there are more than enough skill moves on the offensive side of the ball to easily break it down and beat it. Scoring should always be the harder thing to do but it’s quite easy to put 4-5 goals up in each game. I would say that some games are absolutely ridiculously rigged. Whether they get every deflection back to them or they can knee slide tackle across half the field to steal a ball.

Listen I’m far from a good FIFA player. I bounce between season 2 and 4 quite regularly. I don’t think the game is as bad as a lot of people say. Most players tend to be on a fairly similar playing level I think and then there are the guys who just take it to another level. They know all the tricks and have no problem exploiting other players weaknesses.

It would be great if more people could play on manual, but most wouldn’t stand a chance doing it. Fix the auto spin passing, tone down the auto defense a bit and this game has a real chance. Again I don’t have a major issue with the game outside of the fact that it’s a total crapshoot at times how your team will play.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    edited May 25
    I agree the passing is way to easy but I have to disagree a bit with the auto defending. Yes a guy can sit there and just hold the contain button but I think there are more than enough skill moves on the offensive side of the ball to easily break it down and beat it. Scoring should always be the harder thing to do but it’s quite easy to put 4-5 goals up in each game. I would say that some games are absolutely ridiculously rigged. Whether they get every deflection back to them or they can knee slide tackle across half the field to steal a ball.

Listen I’m far from a good FIFA player. I bounce between season 2 and 4 quite regularly. I don’t think the game is as bad as a lot of people say. Most players tend to be on a fairly similar playing level I think and then there are the guys who just take it to another level. They know all the tricks and have no problem exploiting other players weaknesses.

It would be great if more people could play on manual, but most wouldn’t stand a chance doing it. Fix the auto spin passing, tone down the auto defense a bit and this game has a real chance. Again I don’t have a major issue with the game outside of the fact that it’s a total crapshoot at times how your team will play.

I would agree with you on the AI Defending a little bit on FIFA17 Defending took no skill it literally Defending for you, on FIFA18 Defending isin't as Assisted but there's still too many Auto Blocks, & Yes skill moves will work occasionally but iMO they should be a little bit more effective that's all, One of the most offective skill-moves is the heel-to-heel-flick.. It works quite a bit for me but i've timed it before my opponent who is a poor player by the way (negative record) Doesn't even make a tackle and his player takes the ball from me, he wasn't containing or anything.

I don't think Skill-moves should be too overpowered or broken but in FIFA19 I think they should be buffed a little bit, there was a video from the Youtuber Ovvy a couple months back saying about why lots of people have stopped playing FIFA.. one of his reasons was E.A toning down skill moves etc but We can agree to disagree on that I guess.

I think the game has many issues, hence why lots of people have quit playing it there's no denying that however E.A still make money from it regardless.. For me the passing is the main issue, they need to make passing more difficult, Like you say Tone down AI Defending & bit, & make Skill moves slightly more effectitive then you have a decent game at the moment the game isin't a million miles off what it should be but the game is far from enjoyable at the moment, the skill-gap is far too small for a competitive game.

FIFA16 was my favourite FIFA of all time I miss it, I wish the gameplay was fun & Defending was Manual like it was back then.
  • AFCA_P
    85 posts Park Captain
    I absolutely agree with the different points you would like to see altered. I don’t have the same w-l ratio as you but I manage to win most my games in DIV.1. Most opponents I come up against use auto defending without using any actual attacking build up play. Just LB+Y the ball to Ronaldo or Bale and score. This really irritates me.
  • UoD
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbh, you kinda annoy me, but I agree with everything you said.

Oh yh, maybe quit using real madrid if you want a challenge?
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    UoD wrote: »
    Tbh, you kinda annoy me, but I agree with everything you said.

Oh yh, maybe quit using real madrid if you want a challenge?

At the start of 18 I used to go random teams but because the game has such a small skill-gap I just stick with Real Madrid as they're the best team on the game but it's still not easy with the state of the game sadly you actually have to concentrate just to beat someone who has a negative record lol this shouldn't be happening with a supposed "competitive ESport".

I'm glad I annoy you lad but I just say it how it is been complaining about FIFA17 & FIFA18 ever since release things must change. :D
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    AFCA_P wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with the different points you would like to see altered. I don’t have the same w-l ratio as you but I manage to win most my games in DIV.1. Most opponents I come up against use auto defending without using any actual attacking build up play. Just LB+Y the ball to Ronaldo or Bale and score. This really irritates me.

Yeah I know what you mean, you can dominate someone who's nowhere near your level.. and they won't even control any of their Defenders or hold contain and they'll take the ball from you, then they'll go up the other end have no build up, shoot from anywhere and it will go in or they'll score a cheap goal ?.

There's a way to lose, nobody likes losing but when you lose to someone who is clueless at the game & the AI Defends foe them then it's not right lol
  • I’ve never used the best team in the game, it’s a pointless adventure. Play with a team like Liverpool or spurs, where the passing isn’t as crisp, the defenders are not fantastic, then come on here and say what needs changing. Yes the game is boring, mainly down to the AI, the passing is awful when playing with a lesser team, underhit, or over hit, it’s just down to the choice by fifa. The attackers running to defensive positions when I’m on the attack is bizarre.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    edited May 31
    I’ve never used the best team in the game, it’s a pointless adventure. Play with a team like Liverpool or spurs, where the passing isn’t as crisp, the defenders are not fantastic, then come on here and say what needs changing. Yes the game is boring, mainly down to the AI, the passing is awful when playing with a lesser team, underhit, or over hit, it’s just down to the choice by fifa. The attackers running to defensive positions when I’m on the attack is bizarre.

What does choosing the best team in the game got to do with anything? lol.. It doesn't matter whether you choose Real Madrid, Liverpool or Everton the game is trash i can say what needs changing regardless as it's one of the worst FIFA'S ever.

Passing is assisted with any team as it requires no skill, passing is just ridiculously easy anybody who picks the game up can keep the ball the passing system is broken.

FIFA17 & FIFA18 both have small skill-gaps as E.A cater the game to the casual players.
    Post edited by TacticalTugTeam on
  • SDoofus
    edited June 5
    I’ve never used the best team in the game, it’s a pointless adventure. Play with a team like Liverpool or spurs, where the passing isn’t as crisp, the defenders are not fantastic, then come on here and say what needs changing. Yes the game is boring, mainly down to the AI, the passing is awful when playing with a lesser team, underhit, or over hit, it’s just down to the choice by fifa. The attackers running to defensive positions when I’m on the attack is bizarre.

What does choosing the best team in the game got to do with anything? lol.. It doesn't matter whether you choose Real Madrid, Liverpool or Everton the game is trash i can say what needs changing regardless as it's one of the worst FIFA'S ever.

Passing is assisted with any team as it requires no skill, passing is just ridiculously easy anybody who picks the game up can keep the ball the passing system is broken.

FIFA17 & FIFA18 both have small skill-gaps as E.A cater the game to the casual players.

Passing is harder with teams like Liverpool, than it is with teams like Real Madrid, lol. That's a fact. A lot stray passes take place. Whenever I play with RM, it's so ridiculously easy to ping-pong pass everywhere, whereas with Liverpool, once the ball goes to someone like TAA, or Robertson, or Lovren or at times, Oxlade-Chamberlain, you can bet your life that 1 time out of 5, it'll be a stray pass into nowhere, even though you've clearly aimed correctly.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional

Passing is harder with teams like Liverpool, than it is with teams like Real Madrid, lol. That's a fact. A lot stray passes take place. Whenever I play with RM, it's so ridiculously easy to ping-pong pass everywhere, whereas with Liverpool, once the ball goes to someone like TAA, or Robertson, or Lovren or at times, Oxlade-Chamberlain, you can bet your life that 1 time out of 5, it'll be a stray pass into nowhere, even though you've clearly aimed correctly.

If you're struggling at passing in 18 then you're clearly not good at the game lol, Passing in 18 is SOOOO Assisted in 17 I thought passing were assisted but in 18 it's even more easy to keep the ball.

And I never said passing with "weaker teams" was easier of course it's "harder" but it's still far too easy end of the day FIFA18 is catered to the casuals it's one of the worst FIFA's ever released.
  • SDoofus
    edited June 5

If you're struggling at passing in 18 then you're clearly not good at the game lol, Passing in 18 is SOOOO Assisted in 17 I thought passing were assisted but in 18 it's even more easy to keep the ball.

And I never said passing with "weaker teams" was easier of course it's "harder" but it's still far too easy end of the day FIFA18 is catered to the casuals it's one of the worst FIFA's ever released.

Not once was "struggling" mentioned. But passing around as Liverpool against someone using Real Madrid is a lot harder than passing around as Real Madrid against someone using Liverpool.

I only use Liverpool, but I routinely come up against Real Madrid and Man United, both who are very OP compared to Liverpool. It's difficult to barge anyone off the ball or win aerial duels when you play as Liverpool vs Real Madrid or United. When Bale and Ronaldo have the ball, it's near impossible to tackle them at times with Liverpool players, whereas Salah/Mane lose it so easily in comparison. This is all down to the stats. Once I legitimately tackled Bale like 3 times in a row with Robertson, and the ball bounced back to Bale all 3 times and then he went on to score.

Equally, when I come up against someone using West Ham, or Stoke (whilst playing with Liverpool), it's a match that more often than not, ends up being like 7 or 8-0 to me and my co op partner, because compared to those teams, Liverpool are the OP one. But this happens way less than we get matched up with Real Madrid or United (which seems to happen every other game).

Like people have said, if you want it to be more of a challenge, play with a 4 and a half star team like Liverpool and you'll see how much harder (and more fun) it is when you come up against the likes of Madrid and United.
  • SDoofus wrote: »

• GargabeGame
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    To everybody being like :
    - No it's not too easy to pass
    - No the assisted defending ain't a problem

Yes it is. The game is garbage. The people who make it have never set foot on a football pitch, nor watched a single match in their lives.
    Which leads to similar clueless idiots spamming "pass" and feeling like they're actually building play when the game is actually playing for them.
    Trajectories are terrible, physics...I mean let's be real here, you don't jump in the air running at full speed, and end up right between the ball and the other player without anybody flying around. Not to mention 60 speed/acceleration defenders being able to keep up with the fastest players.

They can't make a proper game, so they decide to balance it with awful glitches.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    edited June 6

Not once was "struggling" mentioned. But passing around as Liverpool against someone using Real Madrid is a lot harder than passing around as Real Madrid against someone using Liverpool.

I only use Liverpool, but I routinely come up against Real Madrid and Man United, both who are very OP compared to Liverpool. It's difficult to barge anyone off the ball or win aerial duels when you play as Liverpool vs Real Madrid or United. When Bale and Ronaldo have the ball, it's near impossible to tackle them at times with Liverpool players, whereas Salah/Mane lose it so easily in comparison. This is all down to the stats. Once I legitimately tackled Bale like 3 times in a row with Robertson, and the ball bounced back to Bale all 3 times and then he went on to score.

Equally, when I come up against someone using West Ham, or Stoke (whilst playing with Liverpool), it's a match that more often than not, ends up being like 7 or 8-0 to me and my co op partner, because compared to those teams, Liverpool are the OP one. But this happens way less than we get matched up with Real Madrid or United (which seems to happen every other game).

Like people have said, if you want it to be more of a challenge, play with a 4 and a half star team like Liverpool and you'll see how much harder (and more fun) it is when you come up against the likes of Madrid and United.

I'm not denying the fact that choosing a team like Liverpool compared with Real Madrid would be more of a challenge as I used to go weaker teams at the start of this FIFA, but passing is still too easy with Liverpool regardless of their players having lower stats than that of Real Madrid especially with players like Modric, Kroos etc.. Passing is too assisted period.. it's never been so easy to keep the ball and this much change for 19.

The gameplay is just trash at the end of the day if 19 doesn't change then i'll just stick to playing Pro Clubs.. No more Seasons or or FUT.
  • SDoofus

I'm not denying the fact that choosing a team like Liverpool compared with Real Madrid would be more of a challenge as I used to go weaker teams at the start of this FIFA, but passing is still too easy with Liverpool regardless of their players having lower stats than that of Real Madrid especially with players like Modric, Kroos etc.. Passing is too assisted period.. it's never been so easy to keep the ball and this much change for 19.

The gameplay is just trash at the end of the day if 19 doesn't change then i'll just stick to playing Pro Clubs.. No more Seasons or or FUT.

Co op seasons is fun, if you have a friend. It's all I do these days. The fact he's a few levels below me adds to the challenge, and ofc, watching the improvement is satisfying.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional

Co op seasons is fun, if you have a friend. It's all I do these days. The fact he's a few levels below me adds to the challenge, and ofc, watching the improvement is satisfying.

Yeah I play CO-OP Sometimes on this FIFA it's quite good once you get to know each-others playstyle then you become in sync with one another suppose that's another thing I could play in 19 if I don't like the gameplay at the moment I just play Pro clubs with my mates mainly.

I remember in FIFA13 I think it was where they had "Team Play" with match lobbies.. that was fun then.. E.A removed it :D
  • Nikaznakznokaz
    83 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'd like the ball to stop going through my knee caps when I'm blocking shots. Just a thought EA
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain

What does choosing the best team has to do with anything? Are you joking?

If not, I'm not going to discuss anything with you. Won't go anywhere...

• SirT83 wrote: »

You wouldn't know, Head2Head is more equal than FUT you think Real Madrid has a huge advantage over every 5* Team you give no credit to the player by your logic being Real Madrid gives you an automatic win hahahahaha.

Come back when you're not ignorant lad. :D
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain
    SirT83 wrote: »

You wouldn't know, Head2Head is more equal than FUT you think Real Madrid has a huge advantage over every 5* Team you give no credit to the player by your logic being Real Madrid gives you an automatic win hahahahaha.

Come back when you're not ignorant lad. :D

Only one person who is ignorant and calling "fake news" on all that discuss with him. And it ain't me. I'm not the first to point it out, but you don't seem to be able to take in the info we are trying to serve you.
    Discussion ended, no need in discussing something with a blind fella.
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain
    Oh and BTW, if they are so equal, these 5 star teams. Why not prove it and play with other teams, that would quiet your so called ignorant disbelievers.
  • DarkMac
    51 posts Park Captain
    @SirT83 : trust me, you have no chance for a proper mature discussion with him. Simple as that.
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain
    DarkMac wrote: »
    @SirT83 : trust me, you have no chance for a proper mature discussion with him. Simple as that.

I've noticed. Stopped discussing now.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    edited September 14
    Oh and BTW, if they are so equal, these 5 star teams. Why not prove it and play with other teams, that would quiet your so called ignorant disbelievers.

By your logic.

1.Choosing a 5* Team gives you a HUGE Advantage of having a decent record when most of it is down to the players ability.... hilarious.

2. I have gone weaker teams in the past anyway so your points are irrelevant lol.

3. You're probably a Division6 Scrub anyway.

Git Gud.
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1049 posts Professional
    edited September 14

"Proper Mature Discussion" :D

Even though @SirT83 Is the one who on another post thinks Passing Assistance in 18 doesn't need to be toned down in 19..& thinks the tackling is decent if you "read it" when it's quite clearly not, the tackling system is broken.. he's the one who doesn't have a clue here haha probably a Division 6 player anyway.
    :D

Good luck with 19 though the both of you.
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain

"Proper Mature Discussion" :D

Even though @SirT83 Is the one who on another post thinks Passing Assistance in 18 doesn't need to be toned down in 19..& thinks the tackling is decent if you "read it" when it's quite clearly not, the tackling system is broken.. he's the one who doesn't have a clue here haha probably a Division 6 player anyway.
    :D

Good luck with 19 though the both of you.

Say I am a 6th divison player, what does that have to do with anything? Am I not allowed an opinion if I were?
    I could be the world best football analyst and think the game was pure simulation (which it is not) and still be in 6th divison, my opinion would then count more than a player who plays the game and not actual football.
    My point being, if it was unclear, Is that even if you are winning your fifa games, that does not make you an expert of reviewing the game, it just makes you an expert at playing the game they've made.

I think it would be really interesting to play against you in a friendly or two. That's a challenge, if you are up for it that is.

• SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain

By your logic.

1.Choosing a 5* Team gives you a HUGE Advantage of having a decent record when most of it is down to the players ability.... hilarious.

2. I have gone weaker teams in the past anyway so your points are irrelevant lol.

3. You're probably a Division6 Scrub anyway.

Git Gud.

No, read my posts again. What I am saying is choosing RM, which is not only a 5 star team, but the BEST 5 star team in the game, will give you an advantage. Do you not acknowledge that?

Thats news to me. In your first post you bragged that you allways choose RM.

Why would you think I am? Do you know me? Have you seen me play?
    You are the only one arguing your points, everyone else around you disagrees with you. Does that not tell you anything? Or are we all scrubs and duck at the game, but you are the Maestro?
  • SirT83
    69 posts Park Captain

Cant help myself. Thought I was done discussing. Trying to help this guy open his eyes. Probably an endless project, but what the heck I got the time for it the next few days 😂