New Icon: Hidetoshi Nakata (FUT:WC)

IamFrench
1307 posts Professional

Hidetoshi Nakata is present on FUT:WC !

(Klose, Moore, Lineker but not confirmed yet)

Comments

• bberger
    4654 posts National Call-Up
    who is this guy..? Oo
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
  • ProHulst0s
    6978 posts Big Money Move
    Never heard of him
  • I SiR MartY I
    5286 posts Big Money Move
    bberger wrote: »
    who is this guy..? Oo

Japanese attacking midfielder that played for Roma and Parma (back when they were one of the best teams around)

Insane talent, but didn't really enjoy football, retired around 27 to become a model and just enjoy life.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great work, EA. He's a solid pick.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12622 posts Has That Special Something
    Great player, loved him in a parma shirt
  • zoltan88zadine
    1854 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wow, well done by ea here!!
  • RayS
    24947 posts Player of the Year
    WHATHWATHWTATAYDJWHWYAHAA YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! ]*^]%}*]*]*£.£.!£\£[£\£.£\£|!€\€€~|{<!’nn. Bbeewachiiytfbgfffv
    Jwjejxhshqhqjshshwujwhwhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RayS
    THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME @Tomb1302

OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN AL YEAR LONG IN FUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • NornIron
    11023 posts Has That Special Something
    He was okay, like to see what rating 86 would be generous.
  • RayS
    AHHHHHHHH
  • Shaanxz
    19922 posts Club Captain
    Sugoi
  • RayS
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Sugoi

SAIKO
  • RayS
    I was so mad they didn’t give either the US or any Asian country an icon. This is a bit late... but I’ll take it. Next year better have them from the start tho. Seriously a token icon from any of Asia or ‘Merica
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    If I recall correctly he played for Bolton
  • Shaanxz
    19922 posts Club Captain
    RayS wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Sugoi

SAIKO
    Wakata
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    If i remember right , he was really good at FK
  • ProHulst0s
    6978 posts Big Money Move
    I was so mad they didn’t give either the US or any Asian country an icon. This is a bit late... but I’ll take it. Next year better have them from the start tho. Seriously a token icon from any of Asia or ‘Merica

If they did, they better not be the same rating as the current icons. Now that they’re not called legends anymore they should just make these icons like 83 rated or so
  • truegunn3r
    8597 posts Has That Special Something
    bberger wrote: »
    who is this guy..? Oo

Japanese attacking midfielder that played for Roma and Parma (back when they were one of the best teams around)

Insane talent, but didn't really enjoy football, retired around 27 to become a model and just enjoy life.

Shouldn’t World Cup Icon’s be based purely on their World Cup history and not club history. Nakata didn’t do much for Japan in the World Cups.

Kind of weird
  • truegunn3r
    8597 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    World Cup Icons should not only be based on World Cup wins but those who played major roles to lead their teams to World Cup glory. Strikers who scored the winning goals in the finals, players who won the golden boot as well as the World Cup, goalkeepers who made the World Cup winning save in he final.

I think EA have got this terribly wrong if they have stuck Icons like Nakata
  • dan_roma
    482 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nakata <3
  • Retro_G
    27396 posts Player of the Year
    :D
  • jpsblue
    3778 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    World Cup Icons should not only be based on World Cup wins but those who played major roles to lead their teams to World Cup glory. Strikers who scored the winning goals in the finals, players who won the golden boot as well as the World Cup, goalkeepers who made the World Cup winning save in he final.

I think EA have got this terribly wrong if they have stuck Icons like Nakata

come off it. Nakata is brilliant because it gives more variety for nations. going by your logic we would only see icons from a handful of nations then

Nakata was a phenomenal player and put Japanese football on the map globally.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow, well done by ea here!!
  • CovLee_Candice
    4009 posts National Call-Up
    OMG will best and Zidane also come?
  • CeeQue
    10418 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2018
    dan_roma wrote: »
    Nakata <3

Roma Legend that squad that won the league was stacked.
  • AnnoyedNoid
    312 posts Sunday League Hero

Zidane could, Best shouldn't due to never actually playing at a world cup.
  • Retro_G
    27396 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 2018

Zidane could, Best shouldn't due to never actually playing at a world cup.

Well here, if they're going to include players like Nakata, who wouldn't be considered a world cup legend by any sane man, well then they should include players like Best. For arguments sake, if Best was Japanese, he would've been at a world cup, Nakata couldn't lace his boots.
  • AnnoyedNoid
    312 posts Sunday League Hero
    While I agree Best deserves an Icon, literally every single player who has ever played in a world cup (including those who's countrys aren't even there this year) are more deserving of a World Cup icon than him.

I wonder if they're going to include any Icons from countrys that aren't at the world cup but that are actual world cup legends (Italians & Dutch for example).

As a Kiwi, I really want a Ryan Nelsen icon (for leading NZ through an undefeated WC) but am a realist and realise there are many players who deserve a world cup icon more than him (although Best isn't one of them).
  • Ishibum
    11890 posts Has That Special Something

Tim Cahill will get his soon enough ;)