Home Button / "game doesn't allow recording"

VanBasten12
6784 posts Big Money Move
So, leading 4-1, just scored a first time curving shot with Reus - 1/4 final of the DKT.

I pause, push the Home button to record ... instantly disconnected & the forfeit

I then noticed this:
LqstGaj.png

Seems like the game doesn't like that. Couldn't even save the goal which was the worst :smiley:

Anyone else notice this in the past?

Comments

• LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    So, leading 4-1, just scored a first time curving shot with Reus - 1/4 final of the DKT.

I pause, push the Home button to record ... instantly disconnected & the forfeit

I then noticed this:
    LqstGaj.png

Seems like the game doesn't like that. Couldn't even save the goal which was the worst :smiley:

You can still record FIFA.

Just can't do it using the Home button in DKO/WL.
    Need to pause 1st.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2018
    It’s been like this for months. If your pause expires then you’ll get the loss.
  • Danic123
    4646 posts National Call-Up
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

I then noticed this:
    LqstGaj.png

You can still record FIFA.

Just can't do it using the Home button in DKO/WL.
    Need to pause 1st.

Looks like he did pause. Tbh, I’ve never had the issue he describes, but I don’t normally bother to record goals as most aren’t that good!
  • VanBasten12
    @LeonidasJB ... yep, I was the first to actually post the Home button bit. Per the screenshot, Xbox is saying the game can't record.

@DaveSaves ... nope, paused and hit the home button, and immediately got the disconnect. Had nothing to do with time running out - I would have included if that happened.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    @LeonidasJB ... yep, I was the first to actually post the Home button bit. Per the screenshot, Xbox is saying the game can't record.

@DaveSaves ... nope, paused and hit the home button, and immediately got the disconnect. Had nothing to do with time running out - I would have included if that happened.

If your opponent has pressed resume and you’re in the pause menu you will get the disconnect

Seriously
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    Yh I had this happen to me before too.

Also noticed that the game doesn’t allow me to record anything a while ago, it’s such a joke
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    They must have changed something. I didn't see the free kick goals or chip shots being automatically recorded in DKT/WL

It was a bit stupid for the game to tell you to press the xbox button to launch the video without informing you that you will lose the game.

Anyway I really don't like that recording feature. I see time and time again that a good game turns into a lag fest after the opponent scores a good goal and I assume they record it and thay is what cause the lag.
  • Diggy
    15573 posts World Class
    I’m in hope that with the World Cup mode released soon there is a game wide fix for the exploit which has led EA to take away a Xbox feature

I’m not holding my breath but hopefully Microsoft are battering EA for messing with their features
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    I would like this fixed purely because I press it way too often.

As soon as I’m annoyed I press it and then realise I should have stayed in the game afterwards. :lol:

You can also record goals after the game in the match highlights.
  • LeonidasJB
    22124 posts Club Captain
    I would like this fixed purely because I press it way too often.

As soon as I’m annoyed I press it and then realise I should have stayed in the game afterwards. :lol:

You can also record goals after the game in the match highlights.

Was in a really good 2nd Rnd match against someone with a full TOTS German team and 98 Pele.
    He equalized and I hit the Home button to check my battery. Forgot I was in DKO. :tired_face:
  • VanBasten12
    @Campino ... Wow! Did not know that! Thanks for the info.

@SebCFC123 ... I thought it was actually something about when I was streaming to PC before (which ofc doesn't allow recording whilst doing so) and essentially the console seeing the connection still active even though streaming has stopped. Sucks now!

@SergiuLive ... ah, didn't notice that. Seems like recording are run as they simply can't figure out how to patch it. Stupendous!

@Diggy ... Yeah, I don't think Microsoft would be putting pressure on EA - their cut of FP would be enough to turn a blind eye.

@SupaNoodle1990 ... agreed - it is a bit too easy to simply push it to quit now.