Prime Gullit! little bit of help (Want him bossing)

FatZed
1004 posts Professional
So after gaining a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of TOTS and other untradeables I went ahead and smashed out big Ruud, stoked as he was one card I really didn't think I would get this FIFA. But...while being solid he hasn't exactly been anything special (not felt that quick, strong or clinical, not as much of a boss as hoped so far), again this could come down to some poor gameplay at the moment but I still fair breezed through the Daily and he was a tad lacklustre overall.

Recommended chem styles and ways to get the best out of him? tried engine first, got hawk now. Looking to switch between CM and CAM as I also have ADP

Comments

• LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Play him at CAM to get the most out of him. He’s brilliant everywhere but CAM lets him exert his influence better
  • joehuk
    6333 posts Big Money Move
    I'd agree with the above. Gullit in cam is outragrous.. less so CM where he currently is now as I'm trying tots Messi for fun..

But when gullit was CAM he had so much influence on games compared to CM also use engine..
  • BMANUTD
    1460 posts Professional
    CAM if you don’t have a decent one already, but if you do then CM. I have a shadow on mine at CM but have seen engines on him. You’re probably trying to hard to get him involved, just play your normal game and he will come into it on his own.
  • Jezzaaa
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My 90 Gullit bosses it at CAM in a 4231 narrow. Try Gullit out at CAM, should work wonders
  • SPU004
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    I also got him this week. Amazing at CAM but can play anywhere.
  • jokeaway
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2018
    Choose where you need him most:

Striker with Hunter (for that physical, pacy, lethal, 5* WF striker)
    CAM / CM with Engine (he bosses the whole midfield with movements, finishes, passes, interceptions)
    CDM with Shadow (he intercepts sooo much and starts every attack with a deep run or a sharp pass)

he scores, he intercepts, he passes, gullit rules ... on every position you need him.

I play him in a 352 as the left CDM with "stay forward" instruction besides prime vieira with "stay back"
  • Jonx88
    991 posts Professional
    edited May 2018
    Go with Hunter mine is playing quality with that at CAM, he scores some amazing headers and his diagonal shots are guaranteed goal with either foot, I had to play around 20 games with him before I got used to him and then he was completely bossing, scored one in the DKT last night where he ran from outside my own box all the way to score!
  • xFATAL
    5472 posts Big Money Move
    I have him as an attacking CM and he scores more than any attacking mid i've used this year plus I get a huge bonus with his defensive ability here.
  • Master Fee
    79 posts Park Captain
    Jezzaaa wrote: »
    My 90 Gullit bosses it at CAM in a 4231 narrow. Try Gullit out at CAM, should work wonders

Same with the 93. It's probably best position for him in the game
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    I play him at striker, like him a lot there.

• FatZed
    1004 posts Professional
    Thanks guys :) probably leave him at CM for now but have him pushing on, can still take advantage of his presence in the mid too for ball winning as much as attacking. Shame seasons gameplay last night was a shambles will test a bit in WL!
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    CAM with hawk, bcs with hawk you rise pace and aggresion, and ofc all shooting skills to max. Give him time, you need to get use to him. I did. Well, same as Henry, Vieira, Ronaldo etc. Each card is unique and requires time to use to it.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    CM with shadow:(
  • Shehraj
    5743 posts Big Money Move
    Those recomending him in a cam role, does he actually perform that good there? I feel there are tons of amazing cams out there who might be better than him - tots kdb, tots firmino, tots messi etc, but cm position is a bit lacking where he is head and shoulders above the rest. Am I missing something?
  • Viggo 007
    Shehraj wrote: »
    Those recomending him in a cam role, does he actually perform that good there? I feel there are tons of amazing cams out there who might be better than him - tots kdb, tots firmino, tots messi etc, but cm position is a bit lacking where he is head and shoulders above the rest. Am I missing something?

its probably 41212(2) CAM so he's a CM due to bug
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    What make him unique in CAM is his height and strength to win every header and hold the ball up. He defends from the front and can really pen in your opponent in their own half. The other more traditional CAMs might be as good with the ball but don't have that presence.

R-CM in a 41212 is also a brilliant position for him as he will get forward
  • shushumiga
    954 posts Semi-Pro
    Shehraj wrote: »

Well, for instance, i do not play with CM's, i have 2 CDM's and 3 CAM's. For CDM's i have prime Vieira and TOTS Fernandinho, one big, one small - perfect. So, i would waste my prime Gullit there, that's why he is on CCAM. Before him prime Dinho was there, now i've moved Dinho on LCAM and got whole new level of bullying my oponents.
  • Sumitro
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    CAM with Hunter. I have the same issues as you right after completing the SBC, I put him in CM and he isn’t bossing around. His best position is CAM. Sometimes I want to accommodate SBC KDB, I put him back to CM, but not as great.

The conclusion is Central Attacking Midfielder. Take note that EA release him at CF and most of his stats, traits, and specialties are more suited to CF/CAM.
  • regia5bg
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm really looking forward to get him via Prime Icone SBC, but quite honestly I'm not 100% where to position him.

I enjoy to play with Salah & Kane as Strikers, so I would probably have two possibilities:
    1) keep Salah as RM, field Gullit as ST (removing Zaha as ST, I switch him and Salah at the start of each game)
    2) remove Rijkaard Prime Icone and replace him with Gullit Prime
    3) remove Dele Alli and field Gullit in his best position

I'll probably test n.2, as Salah as right midfielder isn't that good imho, and considering I fully enjoy Alli as CAM (he scores and his pyhisical presence is quite good).
  • Freddieboi_27
    328 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I play him in a 4231 as a CCAM... absolute monster!!! Completely owns the midfield. In my opinion he is WASTED as a CM or CDM but can definitely play those roles... but you wont get the most out of the card
  • AdrianYeo
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have 90gullit in cam position with shadow(from previous owner) in 41212(2).

He almost everywhere. Not sure whether shadow make him drop deep. Shall I change his chem to hunter?
  • Viggo 007
    AdrianYeo wrote: »

He almost everywhere. Not sure whether shadow make him drop deep. Shall I change his chem to hunter?

No, that's the way 41212(2) plays. The CAM drops deep, the RCM goes to CAM, the LCM goes to CDM
  • AdrianYeo
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    AdrianYeo wrote: »

No, that's the way 41212(2) plays. The CAM drops deep, the RCM goes to CAM, the LCM goes to CDM

Ic mate.. thanks I will keep him as shadow then!