Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Is low driven shot cheating?

1
Gorda
3447 posts National Call-Up
My friend says it is, i say its not its just usually the best shot to take. Whats your opinion? Motivate

Comments

  • Matt89
    219 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nah, sometimes it's the best shot to use, sometimes not,
  • FinEverton
    727 posts Semi-Pro
    If it is in the game, why is it cheating? Everybody can do that.
  • kcichris
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    i thinks its unbalanced but its definitely not cheating
  • Futfanatic
    14971 posts World Class
    1491670180_kevin-hart-wtf.gif
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2018
    Of course not.

    That being said, it is a simple exploit, that we will be better off without.

    Every FIFA has imbalance issues, this year, low driven is everyone's kryptonite.
  • TheMightyBee
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Surely it’s boring scoring everytime with the same finish
  • MagicUgn
    8 posts Ball Boy
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

    Exploiting is cheating no two ways about it.
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gorda wrote: »
    My friend says it is, i say its not its just usually the best shot to take. Whats your opinion? Motivate

    Yes it is. If you use it you’ll get banned
  • JohnDoe
    11343 posts Has That Special Something
    Gorda wrote: »
    My friend says it is, i say its not its just usually the best shot to take. Whats your opinion? Motivate

    Yes it is. If you use it you’ll get banned

    EA only made those eSport events so that they could round up the players who use low driven shots the most, and ban them.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    wtf.
    it's the best shot irl as well.
  • not cheating but it's disgusting, the sheer reliance people have on it. i can't believe it exists in the game in the way it does.
  • realbrutal
    990 posts Professional
    obviously its not cheating. your free to use it no?
  • Mrhey31
    1909 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol.. But you all should listen to him, dont use that shot anymore. And to add passing the ball is also so 2017.
  • E_clipZe
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    No. Dumb azz question innit
  • JamesH
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MagicUgn wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

    Exploiting is cheating no two ways about it.

    You are a muppet. LOW DRIVEN shot is a shooting technique how can you call a technique cheating. If you think exploiting is using a method that is within the game then you must also think sprinting, dribbling and crossing is cheating too. What you idiots going to say next playing fifa is cheating.
  • Hoopsterz
    2081 posts Fans' Favourite
    JamesH wrote: »
    MagicUgn wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

    Exploiting is cheating no two ways about it.

    You are a muppet. LOW DRIVEN shot is a shooting technique how can you call a technique cheating. If you think exploiting is using a method that is within the game then you must also think sprinting, dribbling and crossing is cheating too. What you idiots going to say next playing fifa is cheating.

    Playing Fifa is cheating.. the rest of us are playing something else that doesn't really resemble how football is actually playing.. think is called afif.. its like fifa but just backwards..
  • Notformeclive
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Cheating" is the wrong word, it is however immensely stupid, yes it should be an option from certain positions/angles but people are just spamming the thing before they receive the ball or face towards the goal.
    EA can never incorporate something in moderation, it's always all or nothing and usually nothing would have been better.
  • SanderFC
    2891 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's certainly too overpowered in 18
  • MagicUgn
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Just for the argument then. The below reasoning assumes that EA does not allow cheating or finding exploits and use them to cheat.

    Using low driven seems to be an exploit, at least I am unable to find anywhere were EA has stated it works as intended as a one shot one goal technique. The vast majority of players is using it and it's become accepted behaviour within the community.

    Let's compare it to real life.

    We all know the law about speeding. If the sign on the road says 120 it means the speed limit is 120. However it's become the social norm to speed and almost everyone is doing it.

    These are two types of exploits, is it right or wrong?

    And on the side of this.

    We have seen before how EA has set a precedent for accepting cheating without any major backlash. Just think back on when it was found out that you can use an exploit to win all your squad battle matches by making the AI get a lot of red card.

    EA fixed this bug but I never heard about any players being banned for it. Maybe I missed that part? However EA fixed this bug so well done you...
  • Hoopsterz
    2081 posts Fans' Favourite
    MagicUgn wrote: »
    Just for the argument then. The below reasoning assumes that EA does not allow cheating or finding exploits and use them to cheat.

    Using low driven seems to be an exploit, at least I am unable to find anywhere were EA has stated it works as intended as a one shot one goal technique. The vast majority of players is using it and it's become accepted behaviour within the community.

    Let's compare it to real life.

    We all know the law about speeding. If the sign on the road says 120 it means the speed limit is 120. However it's become the social norm to speed and almost everyone is doing it.

    These are two types of exploits, is it right or wrong?

    And on the side of this.

    We have seen before how EA has set a precedent for accepting cheating without any major backlash. Just think back on when it was found out that you can use an exploit to win all your squad battle matches by making the AI get a lot of red card.

    EA fixed this bug but I never heard about any players being banned for it. Maybe I missed that part? However EA fixed this bug so well done you...

    Jesus where do you live? on an f1 circuit? I don't think may car could even do 120..
  • MagicUgn
    8 posts Ball Boy
    JamesH wrote: »
    MagicUgn wrote: »
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit

    Exploiting is cheating no two ways about it.

    You are a muppet. LOW DRIVEN shot is a shooting technique how can you call a technique cheating. If you think exploiting is using a method that is within the game then you must also think sprinting, dribbling and crossing is cheating too. What you idiots going to say next playing fifa is cheating.

    You seem to be a very nice person calling everyone idiots. That aside, your argument is flawed. Take a moment and think about what you just said and you will understand why. If you can't figure it out let me know and I'll spell it out. But figuring it out yourself will help you grow so please take some time and think about it first.
  • Futfanatic
    14971 posts World Class
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    MagicUgn wrote: »
    Just for the argument then. The below reasoning assumes that EA does not allow cheating or finding exploits and use them to cheat.

    Using low driven seems to be an exploit, at least I am unable to find anywhere were EA has stated it works as intended as a one shot one goal technique. The vast majority of players is using it and it's become accepted behaviour within the community.

    Let's compare it to real life.

    We all know the law about speeding. If the sign on the road says 120 it means the speed limit is 120. However it's become the social norm to speed and almost everyone is doing it.

    These are two types of exploits, is it right or wrong?

    And on the side of this.

    We have seen before how EA has set a precedent for accepting cheating without any major backlash. Just think back on when it was found out that you can use an exploit to win all your squad battle matches by making the AI get a lot of red card.

    EA fixed this bug but I never heard about any players being banned for it. Maybe I missed that part? However EA fixed this bug so well done you...

    Jesus where do you live? on an f1 circuit? I don't think may car could even do 120..

    Kilometers, not miles. :D
  • JohnDoe
    11343 posts Has That Special Something
    tenor.gif?itemid=841998
  • Ballist1x
    2899 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use Neymar, fakezhot accelerate past the centre back and then low driven across the keeper from just inside the box.

    It's pretty sweet.
  • nj10
    2197 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah it's cheating and should be banned

    Near post headers should be banned as it's cheating

    Far post crosses should be banned as it's cheating

    Long shots should be banned as it's cheating

    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ troll threads
  • ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up
    Not cheating, just broken
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Not cheating but broken. Every year there's something like this. One year it was finesse shots, one year it was near post lol
  • Primal
    5318 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    just over powered like alot of things but it's one of the things that works in the game so you'd be daft not to use it. same as near post corners/heel2heel/finese shots across goal from outside the box/lb dribbling lol I could go on. Not an exploit at all just is more effective. it's the same on every other game. only salty people who can't master it get annoyed
  • ICUP
    4229 posts National Call-Up
    Primal wrote: »
    just over powered like alot of things but it's one of the things that works in the game so you'd be daft not to use it. same as near post corners/heel2heel/finese shots across goal from outside the box/lb dribbling lol I could go on. Not an exploit at all just is more effective. it's the same on every other game. only salty people who can't master it get annoyed

    False.

    Every game is who can score the most driven shots, its at the point people already know its a goal once a player is in a certain position and thats just because of how broken it is & how toss keepers are.

    Taking driven shots when you aint even facing the goal isn't skill, its more like button bashing. Game is literally a repetitive bore from constant formation changes to squeeze the players you want into your team & AI defending and driven shot/pass spam
  • Futfanatic
    14971 posts World Class
    Its just the stupid goalkeeper animations that make you think its broken. Nothing wrong with the shot, but what the hell happens to those goalkeepers. Same as fake shot in squadbattles. Defenders just freeze, just EA things.
Sign In or Register to comment.