WL is unplayable tonight

TurdFerguson
2292 posts Fans' Favourite
don't even bother, I literally had a half-second lag in my games, smashed a controller. EA, you owe me $60.

Comments

• forearms
    4151 posts National Call-Up
    Its your internet. That's what they will tell you. I spoke with EA yesterday as I had to quit out of double digit WL games Sat, and Sun. They claimed it is my internet. Funny. Lots of people reporting the same issues.
  • TurdFerguson
    forearms wrote: »
    Its your internet. That's what they will tell you. I spoke with EA yesterday as I had to quit out of double digit WL games Sat, and Sun. They claimed it is my internet. Funny. Lots of people reporting the same issues.

lol I can assure you, and EA, that it is not my internet, but rather their weak @$$ servers. Usually it's fine because my connection is good enough to overcome their cheapness, but on days like this where they extend WL and everyone is trying to get to that next rank or two, the servers can't handle it, it's as if EA either didn't know how many people play their game (which seems odd since it's been out for 20+ years), or they just don't care (which seems pretty likely)
  • forearms

lol I can assure you, and EA, that it is not my internet, but rather their weak @$$ servers. Usually it's fine because my connection is good enough to overcome their cheapness, but on days like this where they extend WL and everyone is trying to get to that next rank or two, the servers can't handle it, it's as if EA either didn't know how many people play their game (which seems odd since it's been out for 20+ years), or they just don't care (which seems pretty likely)

I understand and agree with you. Just telling you they will still claim its on you.
  • Retro_G
    25881 posts Player of the Year
    I've only played two games, they were smooth.
  • TurdFerguson

I understand and agree with you. Just telling you they will still claim its on you.

I mean what's the point of calling them, not like whoever answers the phone can do anything to fix it. The only thing you can do is stop playing the game, and if enough other people do, EA will get the message. The problem is that I really do love this game, if it would just function properly.
  • forearms
    Retro_G wrote: »

Theres a sample size for ya!
  • TurdFerguson
    where about are you?

• RadioShaq
    14614 posts Moderator
    Are you from the east coast? If so ea guy tweeted it was a problem above ea and isp and a east coast problem.
  • TurdFerguson
    edited May 2018
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Are you from the east coast? If so ea guy tweeted it was a problem above ea and isp and a east coast problem.
    Hah yep, east coast
    Do you know the handle?
  • forearms
    Im in Great Lakes region. I should be out of Chicago area for servers.
  • RadioShaq
    14614 posts Moderator
    He said mainly so your still pretty close. It might be a problem for Chicago too.
  • forearms
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    He said mainly so your still pretty close. It might be a problem for Chicago too.

East coast is like 800-1000 miles away from me...
  • Ishibum
    11686 posts Has That Special Something
    Remember as well, if you have issues impacting one set of servers, other servers will take a hit as they try to load balance the users connecting.
  • Retro_G
    edited May 2018
    Didn't last long, previous game was atrocious against a Spanish opponent. Gameplay felt like it was on ice, convinced it's all down to trash connections who would get kicked from the servers, banned in any other competitive game.
  • Retro_G
    where about are you?

European servers.
  • RadioShaq
    14614 posts Moderator
    Your still the closest to the east coast server. It would make sense more for you to be affected than Asia.
  • forearms
    You may want to check Twitter. Its all over there about EA's games having issues with servers right now. Madden, NHL, Fight Night, etc...
  • HishamAyman
    2621 posts Fans' Favourite
    I suffered from this as well, i played 24 games 3 of them i had more than a second delay
  • Ishibum
    11686 posts Has That Special Something
    This is what happens when you use Level 3/Century link as your backbone provider :lol:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12300 posts Has That Special Something
    I has the worst menu lag earlier, was ridiculous switching between tabs, continually freezing ...

I just turned my ps4 off and back on and it returned working normally
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    I has the worst menu lag earlier, was ridiculous switching between tabs, continually freezing ...

I just turned my ps4 off and back on and it returned working normally

I get that a lot. Always thought is because I leave my ps4 in rest mode and not shutting down.