OT - Battlefield V

Comments

• hockeyphenom87
    7049 posts Big Money Move
    One of my favorite series. Looking forward to it!
  • Carlos181
    3790 posts National Call-Up
    Looks like a WW2 theme. Was hoping for a bit more modern, but whatever I’ll still buy.
  • Santiago
    21517 posts Club Captain
    Carlos181 wrote: »
    Looks like a WW2 theme. Was hoping for a bit more modern, but whatever I’ll still buy.

Good tbf. A decent WW2 game is long overdue.
  • Fab
    17539 posts World Class
    Who do I have to kill for BFBC3?
  • Carlos181
    Santiago wrote: »
    Carlos181 wrote: »

Good tbf. A decent WW2 game is long overdue.

Aye. Hopefully it gives better multiplayer replay value than BF1. Was fun for a few weeks, then it became a bit stale.
  • Azof
    16406 posts World Class
    they need to do away with paid DLC and il be interested
  • jenksiee123
    21231 posts Club Captain

Starts in 18 mins
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks a lot more promising than that black ops garbage
  • Carswell
    8190 posts League Winner
    dylwms wrote: »
    Looks a lot more promising than that black ops garbage

Battlefield will always have so much more to it than CoD. It looks pretty solid.
  • Campino
    26907 posts Player of the Year
    No add on’s, no map packs nothing

That’s a win right there
  • Carswell
    8190 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »

That’s a win right there

Quite like the map packs. Adds some fresh flavor after the vanilla maps get old (I still enjoy bf1 vanilla tbf but wasn’t the same on BF4). They should be free mind.
  • Campino
    26907 posts Player of the Year
    Carswell wrote: »

That’s a win right there

Quite like the map packs. Adds some fresh flavor after the vanilla maps get old (I still enjoy bf1 vanilla tbf but wasn’t the same on BF4). They should be free mind.

Sorry That’s what I meant, all DLC is free
  • Azof
    16406 posts World Class

That’s a win right there

Splits the community up, BF3 was a nightmare to get a game on cause all the servers just ran default maps, any that ran DLC maps were dead
  • Carswell
    8190 posts League Winner
    Azof wrote: »

That’s a win right there

Splits the community up, BF3 was a nightmare to get a game on cause all the servers just ran default maps, any that ran DLC maps were dead

Hasn’t been like that on 1 tbh because so many have premium. Really, any good player does. There’s a lot of mixed (vanilla+all dlc) servers and many plain vanilla servers too but I still agree that if there is dlc it should be free.
  • Azof
    16406 posts World Class

That’s a win right there

Hasn’t been like that on 1 tbh because so many have premium. Really, any good player does. There’s a lot of mixed (vanilla+all dlc) servers and many plain vanilla servers too but I still agree that if there is dlc it should be free.

tbf didnt watch or read anything bar the announcement trailer which looked awful, have they said whether or not its going to have MTXs? I cant imagine an EA game not having them at this stage
  • ozcs_69
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    i heard they adding a Battle-royale mode to it, are they ?
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move

Great...
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    No one liked wearing helmets then in WW2 it seems?
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    TwoZebras wrote: »

+ Katanas and barbed wire cricket clubs were the **** back then.
    Also war paint and dyed hair ofc.
  • Elloelloello
    869 posts Semi-Pro

The female soldier with the prosthetic hand that looks extremely modern (in a 1980s Terminator sense) was a particular highlight
  • jenksiee123
    21231 posts Club Captain
    Looked good the reveal like.
  • Sercs
    18619 posts World Class

The female soldier with the prosthetic hand that looks extremely modern (in a 1980s Terminator sense) was a particular highlight

Yeah I mean I like games to be historically accurate when focused on ww, which this one definitely isn't :joy:
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17214 posts World Class

That’s a win right there

tbf didnt watch or read anything bar the announcement trailer which looked awful, have they said whether or not its going to have MTXs? I cant imagine an EA game not having them at this stage

• Razorback86
    658 posts Semi-Pro
    Sercs wrote: »

Yeah I mean I like games to be historically accurate when focused on ww, which this one definitely isn't :joy:

That's dissapointing
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up

That's dissapointing

yea my buddy sent me a link for the trailer yesterday, he was hyped, we've played ww2 games since the quake 2 mod d-day lol. My impression immediately was a bit disappointment simply because it took me a few moments to realize it was ww2. Couldn't tell for sure until I saw the Cromwell tanks rolling in, and the SAS troop jumping out the window. Was a bit bummed to see a katana on his back as well lol. I guess the skins bothered quite a bit as well. The gear and clothes all seemed era appropriate, so that's fine, but just seemed a bit random, losing an authentic feel, well for me at least. Trailer literally had more of a brave heart/post-apocalypse arcade feel rather than ww2.

My buddy got a little defensive when I made this point. He said there wont be gold or silver chromed tanks or anything like that rolling around lol, so that's good. Customization just needs to stay authentic as possible, the trailer was not a good example of this. You definitely felt the realism in BF1, you knew it was a ww1 game immediately watching the trailer lol.
  • Carlos181
    yerwaltz wrote: »

That's dissapointing

yea my buddy sent me a link for the trailer yesterday, he was hyped, we've played ww2 games since the quake 2 mod d-day lol. My impression immediately was a bit disappointment simply because it took me a few moments to realize it was ww2. Couldn't tell for sure until I saw the Cromwell tanks rolling in, and the SAS troop jumping out the window. Was a bit bummed to see a katana on his back as well lol. I guess the skins bothered quite a bit as well. The gear and clothes all seemed era appropriate, so that's fine, but just seemed a bit random, losing an authentic feel, well for me at least. Trailer literally had more of a brave heart/post-apocalypse arcade feel rather than ww2.

My buddy got a little defensive when I made this point. He said there wont be gold or silver chromed tanks or anything like that rolling around lol, so that's good. Customization just needs to stay authentic as possible, the trailer was not a good example of this. You definitely felt the realism in BF1, you knew it was a ww1 game immediately watching the trailer lol.

They’re getting rid of paid DLC’s, so expect micro transactions with crazy skins.
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Some examples, pink was used as a camouflage on vehicles and such in desert combat, it helped conceal them at night. Would seem random, but its actually realistic!

The movie Fury has some good examples they could follow as well. Each tank in the movie had their own "decorations" and painted on mottos etc., some tanks like Fury even had wooden logs tied to each side. I've read about tank crews using anything from sandbags, wood planks, extra tank tracks, you name it. The movie kind of got this wrong though, those logs wouldn't stop a tiger round LOL. They were more used to protect against panzerfaust warheads, the idea to have them detonate before hitting the actual armor. This could be purely cosmetic or they could actually provide certain boost.

Even the ground troops in Fury were rugged, each with a unique look to them after being exposed to combat for so long. I really liked how they did that. Point is they can keep it realistic and authentic, but all the while still adding player customization that games apparently must include these days. Just please don't over do it Dice
  • jenksiee123
    21231 posts Club Captain
    Battlefield Royale oioi
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    WW2, innit??
  • jenksiee123
    21231 posts Club Captain
    coatsy wrote: »
    WW2, innit??

Aye. Can't wait for it.