Table for Two in Kiev (7:45pm 26th May)

134
SDoofus
6430 posts Big Money Move
The time has come to discuss the menu.

kyiv-ukraine-april-16-2014-performance-of-ukrainian-patriotic-football-fans-before-ukraine-championship-game-between-fc-dynamo-kyiv-and-fc-shakhtar-donetsk-at-nsc-olimpiyskiy-stadium-in-kyiv_hoglqmxwe_thumbnail-full01.png

Referee: Milorad Mažić (Serbia)
Assistants: Milovan Ristić and Dalibor Đurdević (lines) Nenad Đokić and Danilo Grujić (behind the goals) (all from Serbia)
4th Official: Clément Turpin (France)

aKve0Nq.png

Comments

  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Liverpool to smash Madrid 4-1.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Madrid 3 - 1 Liverpool
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    Did Dortmund fail to beat APOEL? :D
  • Tornado31619
    35003 posts World Cup Winner
    4+ goals scored
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    How are Madrid likely to line up?
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    navas
    carvajal-varane-ramos-marcelo
    modric-casemiro-kroos
    Vasquez-Ronaldo-benzema
  • Adamski
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    Madrid 3-2
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Can see Salah giving Ramos a nightmare, he's been reckless all season so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sent off or give away a penalty.

    Hope this ref is strong.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner

    4312

    Ronaldo-Bale
    Isco
    Kroos-Modric-Casemiro
    Marcelo-Ramos-Varane-Carvajal
    Navas
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2018
    Can see Salah giving Ramos a nightmare, he's been reckless all season so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sent off or give away a penalty.

    Hope this ref is strong.

    Not just him though. We’ve got Firmino and Mane as well. This is what gives me real hope that we can pull off a win. Ronaldo doesn’t track back and Marcelo bombs so far forward, which leaves their left flank open in their half on the counter, precisely where Salah will be. And then he will drag Ramos out, which leaves gaps and space for Firmino and Mane. Plus I think Mane has it in him to absolutely rinse Carvajal.
  • Tornado31619
    35003 posts World Cup Winner
    Don’t rate any of Real’s full-backs TBH, I mean Marcelo is good but he’s basically a LM
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Can see Salah giving Ramos a nightmare, he's been reckless all season so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sent off or give away a penalty.

    Hope this ref is strong.

    Not just him though. We’ve got Firmino and Mane as well. This is what gives me real hope that we can pull off a win. Ronaldo doesn’t track back and Marcelo bombs so far forward, which leaves their left flank open in their half on the counter, precisely where Salah will be. And then he will drag Ramos out, which leaves gaps and space for Firmino and Mane. Plus I think Mane has it in him to absolutely rinse Carvajal.

    Ronaldo track back? He doesn’t have to benzema will do it for him.

    You’re acting like Ramos is a school boy defender :lol: don’t forget Varane who on his day is a top defender you’ll have a tougher time attacking wise than you think.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Gervonta wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Can see Salah giving Ramos a nightmare, he's been reckless all season so it wouldn't surprise me to see him sent off or give away a penalty.

    Hope this ref is strong.

    Not just him though. We’ve got Firmino and Mane as well. This is what gives me real hope that we can pull off a win. Ronaldo doesn’t track back and Marcelo bombs so far forward, which leaves their left flank open in their half on the counter, precisely where Salah will be. And then he will drag Ramos out, which leaves gaps and space for Firmino and Mane. Plus I think Mane has it in him to absolutely rinse Carvajal.

    Ronaldo track back? He doesn’t have to benzema will do it for him.

    You’re acting like Ramos is a school boy defender :lol: don’t forget Varane who on his day is a top defender you’ll have a tougher time attacking wise than you think.

    If you read my comment properly, you’d have noticed that I said “gives me real hope”. You’re acting like what I said is a foregone conclusion in my mind. It’s not. But the possibility of what I said gives me hope. Stop being an obsessive little stalker or I will have to report you.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    Don’t rate any of Real’s full-backs TBH, I mean Marcelo is good but he’s basically a LM

    I wonder how he will go up against Salah
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Tonight, we dine.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    What worries me is the balance, Liverpool will need to maintain stamina for the whole game and can't afford to blow everything in the first half.

    A worn down side with like 20 mins against the likes of Ronaldo guarantees disaster.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    Hopefully the two weeks off helped us recover. If we played around the same time as the EL final I would've been a lot more concerned with fatigue.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Tonight, we dine.

    And afterwards you vomit all over yourselves, come to the realization that you were not good enough to dine with a true elite.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    Only one deserved winner, madrid went through PSG, JUVE, BAYERN and liverpool through porto, CITY, roma

    criminal if madrid mess this up.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    What worries me is the balance, Liverpool will need to maintain stamina for the whole game and can't afford to blow everything in the first half.

    A worn down side with like 20 mins against the likes of Ronaldo guarantees disaster.

    Agreed don’t forget half the players they can bring on can cause damage. Isco , asensio, bale. Assuming Vasquez gets the nod that’s a trio of top players to bring on.

  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Tonight, we dine.

    And afterwards you vomit all over yourselves, come to the realization that you were not good enough to dine with a true elite.

    I think they get turned away at the door for false identity.

  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    edited May 2018
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Only one deserved winner, madrid went through PSG, JUVE, BAYERN and liverpool through porto, CITY, roma

    criminal if madrid mess this up.

    Real couldn't beat Tottenham. :D We got an easier team in the Rd of 16 because RM finished second in their group.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Only one deserved winner, madrid went through PSG, JUVE, BAYERN and liverpool through porto, CITY, roma

    criminal if madrid mess this up.

    If we beat Madrid, then our run is just as impressive as Madrid’s, tbh.

    PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Liverpool

    Or

    Porto, City, Roma, Real Madrid.

    Also Madrid got extremely lucky against Juventus and Bayern. They didn’t deserve to get past those 2 teams, let alone win the CL.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Hopefully the two weeks off helped us recover. If we played around the same time as the EL final I would've been a lot more concerned with fatigue.


    True but can still see fatigue setting in at some point given the play-style and Madrid have the players to take advantage of that like Gervonta said.

    I think the best asset in this game could actually be Milner, whenever he plays the rest of the team has much less work to do. Guy is a machine.
  • Tornado31619
    35003 posts World Cup Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Only one deserved winner, madrid went through PSG, JUVE, BAYERN and liverpool through porto, CITY, roma

    criminal if madrid mess this up.

    If we beat Madrid, then our run is just as impressive as Madrid’s, tbh.

    PSG, Juventus, Bayern, Liverpool

    Or

    Porto, City, Roma, Real Madrid.

    Also Madrid got extremely lucky against Juventus and Bayern. They didn’t deserve to get past those 2 teams, let alone win the CL.

    This. PSG aren't even that good, anyway.
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    Cup competitions are not about impressive runs. They are about winning finals.
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Cup competitions are not about impressive runs. They are about winning finals.

    Agreed. You don’t get a trophy for having an impressive run you get a trophy for winning it. The run means nothing if you don’t lift the trophy at the end of it. That goes for any team not directing specifically at Liverpool.
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    i am nervous for madrid, i wont lie, i am gonna support them like man utd
  • ViVaWhom
    9435 posts League Winner
    no bale... lame
  • Ahmer50x
    31657 posts National Team Captain
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i am nervous for madrid, i wont lie, i am gonna support them like man utd

    I hate Madrid, but in this instance, Im with you.

    The Eagles winning the Super Bowl, City winning the Premier League, and Liverpool winning the Champions League in the same year may legitimately kill me.
Sign In or Register to comment.