OT: Thoughts on Nainggolan not being selected for the WC.

Santiago
21486 posts Club Captain

OT: Thoughts on Nainggolan not being selected for the WC. 114 votes

Good decision. He really isn't that good.
14%
ha032742LFC Simon 98o0OainavO0oOliver Powellchaser2k15Antparry92The king DarthGrowlerManTrainAddicksfanjoelbuk99MasscheranoSimmoEFCRuttaShehrajStutterCUFC 16 votes
What the hell is Roberto Martinez thinking?
59%
LaMertesackerRunZz Spireiite xAgent MurhawkLuckyStrikEBakerDobbyDooDahCantonas CollarmaymanpeleBlarixSercsMuzza11Ulook92XxRichiexRichxXbbergerThi-Gerwef0undl0vePaciga45JohnDoeChoepiechakieSean2On 68 votes
Meh don't really care. Not a massive fan of Nainggolan but decent player.
26%
JJHolgerBadstuber EduDiggyNornIronRynoLeonidasJBBasrckstrHumma78CarswellPShakey JakeyJoresOkore5Mr. SoperPiemanWonderfulwestDanic123DaveSavesSergiuLive 30 votes

Comments

• Azof
    16106 posts World Class
    no option for belgium lul?
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    They had a fallen out ages ago he hasnt been picked for belgium for a while
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Was expected.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2018
    toonbalmy wrote: »
    They had a fallen out ages ago he hasnt been picked for belgium for a while

He has though. He got selected for the recent friendly games and most people were expecting him to be selected. This is kinda massive news for Belgium.
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well must of been a massive tool.... Kinda looks like one great player but i bet he has a huge ego
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    Was expected.

• Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Well must of been a massive tool.... Kinda looks like one great player but i bet he has a huge ego

Yeah I think that's the case. My real question though is if you shouldn't select a player of Nainggolan his level because he has a huge ego
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Santiago wrote: »

Yeah I think that's the case. My real question though is if you shouldn't select a player of Nainggolan his level because he has a huge ego

Well yeah might disrupt dressing room etc
  • chaser2k15
    13319 posts Has That Special Something
    Good decision. He really isn't that good.
    He is just overrated in fifa.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

If Belgium had a good team spirit without him then yeah I would agree. But I am pretty sure it's terrible regardless.
  • Idek
    10080 posts Has That Special Something
    Not like Belgium are struggling too much for squad depth anyway
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Let him smoke his way to retirement.
  • RoosGianni
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not confirmed by the player or by Martinez himself... It’s a post made by the ‘Official’ Fanclub of him. We’ll know it for sure tomorrow when Martinez will announce the WC selection.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    RoosGianni wrote: »
    It’s not confirmed by the player or by Martinez himself... It’s a post made by the ‘Official’ Fanclub of him. We’ll know it for sure tomorrow when Martinez will announce the WC selection.

Seems to be pretty sure though.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Also I just read it already got confirmed by people within the KBVB @RoosGianni
  • toonbalmy
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero

If Belgium had a good team spirit without him then yeah I would agree. But I am pretty sure it's terrible regardless.

How will it be terrible ??
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

How will it be terrible ??

It has always been the case. They really lack as a team.
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Dunno if it's just me but they just scream England 02-06. Could be wrong and they go the distance.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    What is wrong with all of you
  • MyRoomsMessi
    2476 posts Fans' Favourite
    Meh don't really care. Not a massive fan of Nainggolan but decent player.
    Doesn’t he try to offer other players cigs? He might ruin fitness of the players around him
  • EddieFicio
    20991 posts Club Captain
    Hes a massive bellend, glad if true.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Doesn’t he try to offer other players cigs? He might ruin fitness of the players around him

What is your source? Sounds like bs.

Yes he smokes himself.
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    He's not really anywhere near as good as the FIFA card suggests. I don't think he's disciplined enough to sit deep in CM for that Belgium team, and when you've got De Bruyne, Hazard and even Dries Mertens in that team, a disciplined MF is what they need.

I just don't think he fits that team.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    He's not really anywhere near as good as the FIFA card suggests. I don't think he's disciplined enough to sit deep in CM for that Belgium team, and when you've got De Bruyne, Hazard and even Dries Mertens in that team, a disciplined MF is what they need.

The problem with Nainggolan imo is that he is at his best at CAM with a free role.

Belgium doesn't need that. However he would still be in my selection purely because of his quality. Maybe as a substitute.
  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move

The problem with Nainggolan imo is that he is at his best at CAM with a free role.

Belgium doesn't need that. However he would still be in my selection purely because of his quality. Maybe as a substitute.

Is it worth bringing him as a sub if he's going to have an attitude the whole time?
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Semi Finals of the Champions League isn't good enough. I think it's more of a behavioral problem.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain

Is it worth bringing him as a sub if he's going to have an attitude the whole time?

I don't know. That's my question really.

I am not sure what to think.

I'd say most teams have a player with behavioral problems. He could still make a difference on the field.
  • mjs4p
    11071 posts Has That Special Something

I'd say most teams have a player with behavioral problems. He could still make a difference on the field.

Agree with this, and good managers find ways to deal with the egos. Of course Belgium have Roberto Martinez...... :D
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    You know what this **** is? **** ridiculous
  • kfcbucket21
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    mjs4p wrote: »

Agree with this, and good managers find ways to deal with the egos. Of course Belgium have Roberto Martinez...... :D

just not worth the risk, look at france in 2010